SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hey BritChick,

we have just lodged our partner visa here in auckland via our uk based agent, apparently waiting time is 5-6 months but when checking through TTS standard processing tme is 12months....

Any idea which is more accurate? would love to be there for xmas but may be a wee bit optimistic...

Guest GeorgeD
Hi Wardie,

I applied Feb 29th, CO assigned March 2nd, and my CO told me today he should have my visa processed by the end of this week. I think you're okay, I think this 6-8 months applies to later applicants only, ie; since the end of the AUS financial year

Processing times have changed in previous years...and the way it was handled then was that you are normally processed in the time they told you when you submitted...so if you applied and they told you it would be 5-6 months, then ususally they will process you in that time, even if half way through the wait the processing times extend out to 6-8 months. The new time is for new applicants. As they tell you though, don't do anything which can't be cancelled until you have your visa.

If anyone hasn't applied yet, you will be told by your CO what the current processing time is...and it can change, particularly in the new financial year. Looks like it will be 6-8 months now...

So you think if the wait has changed, or is changing to 6-8 months, those who submitted before July (Aus financial year) will still be on the 5-6 month wait they were originally told?

K17 apparently submitted at the end of May and has been told of the extension, I submitted mid-June and was told only last week that the wait has not changed after hearing other people were earlier informed of the change. So I'm really not sure what's going on here. I'm confused why some people have been told this and others have not. Can anyone shed any light?

I applied in mid-March and asked my CO about the extended waiting time, her reply was that the 6-8 month waiting time does not apply to applications lodged in the last financial year and that my wait time is still 5-6 months as before.

Guest pinkgibbon

Anika I really hope you are correct and my wait time will only be 5-6 months and not the 6-8 my CO told me the other week.

Guest niknak78

Im going to go by what my CO had informed me which is 5-6 months, Im sure everyone has a different case, this site is very informative but can mislead sometimes.

Good luck everyone

Nic

Guest wardie77
I got my visa!! 5 months and 2 days :) best of luck to the remaining applicants, it seems they're upto March now..

Well done!!! Fantastic news!!!

Guest pinkgibbon
I got my visa!! 5 months and 2 days :) best of luck to the remaining applicants, it seems they're upto March now..

Congratulations!

Guest guest72634
Just out of interest, when did you lodge your application?

I had an email for my CO (AB) last week still stating the 5-6 month wait. I applied in March so just wondering if it depends on when your application was received...

It was lodged on 29th May. Was original told 5 months and that I could go out on a E-visitor beforehand which I am doing, but now with the extra month or so it is going to be tight.

I don't understand how some people are being told its still 5 months. Do you think it is depending on the CO? Perhaps mine has more of a backlog.

Edited by guest72634

Guest wardie77
It was lodged on 29th May. Was original told 5 months and that I could go out on a E-visitor beforehand which I am doing, but now with the extra month or so it is going to be tight.

I don't understand how some people are being told its still 5 months. Do you think it is depending on the CO? Perhaps mine has more of a backlog.

I wouldn't like to speculate. All I would go on is what your CO is currently telling you. If it is 6-8 months then i would take it as that and plan accordingly.

Good luck!

Congrats to all visa getters! I have not been on here for a while, it seems that they have moved into March now, which is great, but blooming annoying for me as my CO is on holiday until 20th. I submitted on 28th Feb, so should have it by now, but correspondance with her before she went on annual leave said I will get it by the end of Aug. Going to book flights soon though, can't wait any longer!

Guest wardie77
Congrats to all visa getters! I have not been on here for a while, it seems that they have moved into March now, which is great, but blooming annoying for me as my CO is on holiday until 20th. I submitted on 28th Feb, so should have it by now, but correspondance with her before she went on annual leave said I will get it by the end of Aug. Going to book flights soon though, can't wait any longer!

I'd call another CO and see if they will issue it on her behalf.... Good luck

Guest GeorgeD

Did you actually speak to your CO or was it by email? I was the same 2 years ago...I applied in May 2010 and the processing time lengthened after July. Any email from your CO will only ever say the current processing time. If you phone them, point out you were told originally in writing that it would be 5-6 months, you will probably find it stays that way. They will always tell you more on the phone than they will in writing. Lots of people were in the same position as me and everyone who applied around the same time as me got the same processing time...shorter than the prevailing published one, but around the same time as we were originally advised.

Guest wardie77

Not that I'm counting the days to go BUT... 30 days until I fly to Sydney!!! Come on Australia house, please give me my visa...

Guest wardie77
Reckon its 29 days until you get your visa. Good luck Wardie :-D

Thanks Dave! That is my hope! I will be over the moon if it comes through before I fly... fingers crossed.

Should only be a couple of weeks left for you hopefully.

Guest wardie77
I think I will try that tomorrow, I have MT's number somewhere

Did you manage to get anywhere as yet? Would be interesting to know what MT said... Good luck!