SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I've got my police checks done already, I had to get two as I moved to Ireland from the uk nine years ago, so needed a uk and Irish check.I am a bit worried about the medical though as I am overweight and my blood pressure can be dodgy. So am dieting

like mad and hoping for the best!

Guest clairyOZ
Hiya ClairyOZ .....we have exactly the same date 14/3//12 my co is MC ...always sent me a quick reply to emails ..seems very nice ...was told Mid Aug... from what i can see on here , most people are getting emails , although it does say you will be informed by post ???

Im a pmv visa by the way ....as for being driven crazy !!!! ha crazier each passing day..same for everyone methinks...Good Luck and remember ..It will all be worth it in the end x

Hi Juliedec, finally managed to get in touch with my CO over the phone, such a relief, she said early August again and suggested that things were looking positive, we're just at that stage of deciding whether or not to book flights now! Risky but I feel like having flights sorted will give us a date to work to at least!

Guest Chantel
I've got my police checks done already, I had to get two as I moved to Ireland from the uk nine years ago, so needed a uk and Irish check.I am a bit worried about the medical though as I am overweight and my blood pressure can be dodgy. So am dieting

like mad and hoping for the best!

I am also dieting, you're not alone, for me its not the meds that I'm doing it for, I am doing it for my general health, resumed confidence, and because when I go home with my husband I wanna look good and feel good. What kind of changes have you made to your eating habits? I hope it is going well for you. I have lost 3/4 of a stone in about a month but cutting out meat, carbs and sugars. not for every one but it suits me and it's working. :biggrin: when I started I had about 5 or 6 stone to lose for me to be happy. WoW! Sounds a lot! You'll be right, just maintain a focus and think of how great you will feel and look as you go, remember what you are gaining, not losing as the tv commercial says, and I'm sure you'll be fine at the medical.

Yep! :cute: thanks. We have done the police check already, got that back last week, so we can add that in with the application. How far in are you with yours and are you guys doing a partner/prsopective marriage/ or a defacto application?

We were told mid July, so not long now! then I can go ahead and start booking things. I've got all my removal quotes and have been penciled in with the cheapest one (Nat Ross), we're aiming to fly out in the first week of October. I'm sending our gear 5 weeks before we leave.

We have been together for 10 years, married 6, and have two kids (5&3)

How about you?

Haha - yes on the two occasions I emailed my CO (leaving it to the last minute so as not to appear too high maintenance!) I always got out of office response! I hope she has some concrete news for you when you ring on Monday! I didn't lodge my application until 2nd May so will have to wait until around October but luckily for us it's not a problem as (a) the husband has dual nationality and so we are not separated (that would be a killer and I really feel for those who have to endure that) and (b) we're not planning on moving over until May next year. I'm still slightly obsessive about the whole process though and this site is amazing for all the advice and reassurance you need, and it certainly takes some stress out of the whole process.

When we decided to go for it we really thought there was a chance we would get rejected because we didn't have all the evidence some people have (no joint bank accounts/bills/mortgage - anything!) but all seems ok. CO asked for proof we had been living at the same address for 3 years which I managed to scrape together and hopefully, it's now just the wait... This little online community does make the wait slightly more bearable, particularly when you see people getting their visas!

Let us know what your CO says on Monday. Fingers crossed:biggrin:

Hi MrsWooky,

Well I've just called my CO (VF) and she told me that she will try and grant the visa today, if not not today then this week! Wasn't quite expecting to get that answer and can't quite believe it! Like you my partner has dual nationality so we've been lucky in that we haven't had to live apart while waiting.

VF also confirmed that I'd be granted the subclass 100 at the same time so I'll be a permanent resident straight away. All in all, took 5 months and 1 week.

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. Sure it will be no time till you're able to celebrate too!

Guest nimhug
We were told mid July, so not long now! then I can go ahead and start booking things. I've got all my removal quotes and have been penciled in with the cheapest one (Nat Ross), we're aiming to fly out in the first week of October. I'm sending our gear 5 weeks before we leave.

How about you?

We were told Mid-July too! I was told to email them mid-July - what date is considered mid??!!!!

Guest Chantel

How about you?

We're just getting ready to submit my hubby's partner visa, really hoping to leave beginning of Jan, although I would quite happily go today if hubby could work while his visa was going through. We're not moving our belongings, just a few personal items in a couple of boxes. We have been together 4 years, married 2 and 1/2 and have 1 son. :cute:

We were told Mid-July too! I was told to email them mid-July - what date is considered mid??!!!!

15th??? thats like a week from today!!! yay!

As we're not in a massive hurry, I'll leave sending an e-mail until the end of the month (if we haven't heard from our CO who is SV).

Good luck, let me know when you get yours!

Guest wardie77

I would just email them today... a few days early couldn't hurt! GOOD LUCK and let us know what they say!

Guest wardie77
15th??? thats like a week from today!!! yay!

As we're not in a massive hurry, I'll leave sending an e-mail until the end of the month (if we haven't heard from our CO who is SV).

Good luck, let me know when you get yours!

According to the latest grant times you should be geting yours this week... Fingers crossed!

Guest wardie77
I seem to have disappeared from the spreadsheet! How do I get back on?

Just re-add your details... or post them on here again and I can add them for you if you have trouble...

Guest MrsWooky
Hi MrsWooky,

Well I've just called my CO (VF) and she told me that she will try and grant the visa today, if not not today then this week! Wasn't quite expecting to get that answer and can't quite believe it! Like you my partner has dual nationality so we've been lucky in that we haven't had to live apart while waiting.

VF also confirmed that I'd be granted the subclass 100 at the same time so I'll be a permanent resident straight away. All in all, took 5 months and 1 week.

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. Sure it will be no time till you're able to celebrate too!

Hey Holsten

That's fantastic news!! Both the visa grant and the subclass 100. Once it's all sunk in and you actually get the confirmation email, I bet you'll be celebrating and then madly organising. Really pleased for you. We're lucky as we're off travelling and will probably be in China (of all places!) when we hear about the visa. I hope you get your email today or very soon at least. It's hard to believe it's actually going to happen until it's official but soon you'll be able to celebrate properly and plan the big move!

i just had confirmation that i don't need to supply any more information,

And that i am being assessed for a 100 subclass visa! So pleased that we seem to be making progress through the system!

5-6 month wait time estimated...which would mean it may be granted in mid Nov-Mid Dec 2012.

I expect the long wait begins now !

Guest lemongirl

Am I the only one who finds their case officer incredibly hard to contact?!? So frustrating! They never answer the phone, reply to voicemails, or emails. I've managed to pin him down twice, but I've called about 20 times in the last 3 months! Just sent the police checks and additional proof of relationship last week, and I want to make sure it was received. Alas, I may never know...

Guest Chantel
Am I the only one who finds their case officer incredibly hard to contact?!? So frustrating! They never answer the phone, reply to voicemails, or emails. I've managed to pin him down twice, but I've called about 20 times in the last 3 months! Just sent the police checks and additional proof of relationship last week, and I want to make sure it was received. Alas, I may never know...

Hope you get word soon.

Hey Holsten

That's fantastic news!! Both the visa grant and the subclass 100. Once it's all sunk in and you actually get the confirmation email, I bet you'll be celebrating and then madly organising. Really pleased for you. We're lucky as we're off travelling and will probably be in China (of all places!) when we hear about the visa. I hope you get your email today or very soon at least. It's hard to believe it's actually going to happen until it's official but soon you'll be able to celebrate properly and plan the big move!

I received the confirmation email half an hour after speaking to her! Unbelieveable really. We've been in thailand since february and head back to UK this week before heading to Oz in September. I lived in Sydney for 5 years up until 2 years ago so got lots of mates there and really looking forward to seeing them all.

Anway, all the best with your application and have fun in China, maybe bump in to you in a pub in Oz! Speaking of which it's beer o'clock now and time to celebrate!:smile:

Guest wardie77
I received the confirmation email half an hour after speaking to her! Unbelieveable really. We've been in thailand since february and head back to UK this week before heading to Oz in September. I lived in Sydney for 5 years up until 2 years ago so got lots of mates there and really looking forward to seeing them all.

Anway, all the best with your application and have fun in China, maybe bump in to you in a pub in Oz! Speaking of which it's beer o'clock now and time to celebrate!:smile:

Congrats!!! That is fantastic news, well done!!! You must be over the moon. Enjoy that beer!

Guest nimhug

Who is your CO Lemongirl?

Guest nimhug

Super news - congrats! Best of luck!

Congrats!!! That is fantastic news, well done!!! You must be over the moon. Enjoy that beer!

Thanks mate, yes very relieved! All the best to you and everyone else who is waiting. Mine took exactly 5 months and a week from submission :biggrin: