SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest guest72634

Visa application sent 25th May

(VF) replied 29th May

Medical at Cardiff 31st May

Advised 5 month wait

Email from VF 16th June saying all documentation in place and advised I could travel to Oz on an appropriate visa.

My Fiance is Australian living in Melbourne. We haven't seen each other since Jan. Thank god for Skype. Not sure we can wait 4 more months until we can be together.

If i go over on a Visitor visa can I just get a one way ticket? Is it too risky to go over before the visa is granted? Has anyone been rejected?

Seems ages to wait.

had confirmation on Friday that i passed my medicals and the results should be with the authorities in Australia by middle of this week.

hopefully then there won't be such a huge wait for the Visa. Getting quite excited now....can't bloody wait to move to Melbourne. Applied for 309/100 but am desperate to get the 100 straight off to enhance my employment prospects.been with my partner 7 years and just fingers crosssed the proof we sent was enough and the visa gods shine on us.

Edited by jimmyay1

Guest Jimjam

Hello,

I'm hoping to get my visa this month. My case officer is AB and has advised me that my application should be finalised this month, so getting excited :) My stats are as follows:

Application posted: 13/01/12

Application recieved and requests for Medical and police check: 17/01/12

Mediacal done: 21/01/12

Police check sent off: 27/01/12

Waiting....

Hello,

I'm hoping to get my visa this month. My case officer is AB and has advised me that my application should be finalised this month, so getting excited :) My stats are as follows:

Application posted: 13/01/12

Application recieved and requests for Medical and police check: 17/01/12

Mediacal done: 21/01/12

Police check sent off: 27/01/12

Waiting....

Jimjam! I Was just thinking you should be next. Seems like yours has taken longer than the last couple of grants. Fingers crossed it comes soon

Guest Jimjam
Jimjam! I Was just thinking you should be next. Seems like yours has taken longer than the last couple of grants. Fingers crossed it comes soon

Thanks Dave,

I am trying to be patient, but I don't do patient very well. Restraining myself from bugging my c/o again- don't want to get put at the bottom of the pile!

Guest Samantha22

Hello I'm new to this forum so thought I'd share my timeline as I'm still waiting to hear about my partners visa it's been just over four months and we are waiting nervously!!!

Application posted: February 18th

assigned case officer: February 22nd

medical and police checks asked for: February 22nd

medical completed and police clearence sent: march 14th

Still waiting has been roughly 4 and a half months!

Has Anyone submitted there application around the same time and heard anything yet?

Guest mrslp

I applied for 300 PMV on 15 December 2011 and still waiting after 6 1/2 months :-(

CO told me it would be processed mid May then changed that to early July after I had handed in my notice at work !!

Arrived in Perth on 4 June as already planned.

We got married on 16 June so its now changed to 309.

CO has confirmed he has certified copy of marriage certificate and will be in touch this week.

I can't stop checking my emails, I wish he would hurry up cos with school hols next week the flights to Bali are going up and up.

Will be a nice few days honeymoon anyway......................hubby, me and 14 year old son lol

We are still waiting too. Applied 30th December 2011 for 309/100, CO allocated 3rd January 2012. We've been told we should hear this week. Frustrating because neither of us will resign from our jobs until we know we definitely have the visa...haven't been able to plan anything yet :(

Guest ScOz

Hi Samantha22,

Welcome to the forum and the wait! Just thought I'd let you to know that I applied at the same time and was also assigned a case officer on 22nd February.

I have been told by my case officer that my visa will be granted in July/August.

Good luck with yours and watch out or you will become addicted to this site...lol.

Hello I'm new to this forum so thought I'd share my timeline as I'm still waiting to hear about my partners visa it's been just over four months and we are waiting nervously!!!

Has Anyone submitted there application around the same time and heard anything yet?

Hi Samantha, I submitted around the same time, it was received on 28/2. My CO has told me it will be finalised in July, but I am not banking on it, would be nice though

Guest ScOz

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd update my details and time-line as I haven't logged in for 3 weeks as I was busy preparing to go to Australia and now I'm HERE.

Case Officer assigned 22nd Feb but I couldn't stand being the separation from my partner any longer so came over early on an ETA and will go to Bali for a few days when my visa is ready to be granted. On one hand this was such a simple decision to make because life it just too short. On the other hand - OMG. I left my job early so not only can I not work here yet but we have also lost the income I would have earned during this time. I left a earlier than my family (in the UK) were expecting. I didn't even manage to get everything done that I had planned to. But, for those of you that are interested, I did justify the Bali trip with this...........the UK flights jumped up by $800 (pounds that is, not dollars but can't find a pound sign on this keyboard!) because of school holidays, so I what I saved there we can both use to have a wee trip to Bali. (If you work hard enough you can always justify spending money!)

Anyway, I contacted my C/O and cleared my plans with her and she said my visa was due to be finalised around July/August, so that means the 3 month ETA should do!. Obviously I am hoping for a July date as I can then start work sooner. It is difficult even to look for work with an uncertain date of when you can start. However, if I am really honest I am just ecstatic that it IS actually getting finalised and I have stopped putting my life on complete hold. Also just brilliant to be here, loving every minute and so glad to be back together again!

Good luck and speedy visas everyone x.

Edited by ScOz

Guest nimhug

Hi Samantha!

My money was taken on 16th Feb so just a few days before you! My CO asked me to email him mid July and he would process my application then! I've been afraid to book my flights so hanging on in there! A few January ones yet to be processed so hopefully we will be shortly after them! Good luck!

Guest wardie77
Just found out, 100 visa granted!! 6 months of torture (waiting) over...we are so relieved!!!

:)

YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! Well done Mel! That is fantastic news!!! So happy for you! Good luck with everything!

Guest nimhug
Just found out, 100 visa granted!! 6 months of torture (waiting) over...we are so relieved!!!

:)

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Delighted for you Mel! Super news! good luck with the move !

Hi we submitted hubby's visa on 2nd February, a couple of weeks before you, our co has said his subclass 100 would be granted mid July, has just been 5 months, so hopefully not too much longer now. Anyway good luck with the wait

Guest wardie77

Looks like a few are being pushed through now after a long wait. Perhaps the idea that they were waiting for the new financial year to kick in has some truth in it... fingers crossed they speed up the approvals now they are in a "new year".

Looks like a few are being pushed through now after a long wait. Perhaps the idea that they were waiting for the new financial year to kick in has some truth in it... fingers crossed they speed up the approvals now they are in a "new year".

I really hope so. My flights are a week early if mine takes as long as Mel's.

:-(

Guest Samantha22
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd update my details and time-line as I haven't logged in for 3 weeks as I was busy preparing to go to Australia and now I'm HERE.

Case Officer assigned 22nd Feb but I couldn't stand being the separation from my partner any longer so came over early on an ETA and will go to Bali for a few days when my visa is ready to be granted. On one hand this was such a simple decision to make because life it just too short. On the other hand - OMG. I left my job early so not only can I not work here yet but we have also lost the income I would have earned during this time. I left a earlier than my family (in the UK) were expecting. I didn't even manage to get everything done that I had planned to. But, for those of you that are interested, I did justify the Bali trip with this...........the UK flights jumped up by $800 (pounds that is, not dollars but can't find a pound sign on this keyboard!) because of school holidays, so I what I saved there we can both use to have a wee trip to Bali. (If you work hard enough you can always justify spending money!)

Anyway, I contacted my C/O and cleared my plans with her and she said my visa was due to be finalised around July/August, so that means the 3 month ETA should do!. Obviously I am hoping for a July date as I can then start work sooner. It is difficult even to look for work with an uncertain date of when you can start. However, if I am really honest I am just ecstatic that it IS actually getting finalised and I have stopped putting my life on complete hold. Also just brilliant to be here, loving every minute and so glad to be back together again!

Good luck and speedy visas everyone x.

Thanks for sharing your timeline makes me feel better that I'm not the only one!! Was it hard for you to get in australia on a ETA as you are waiting for a partner visa and did you have to have a return flight booked to london to get in to aus?? We have booked our flights July 26th as I have to leave the uk as my visa runs out so we are thinking of doing the same thing but were advised not to :( how easy was it for you??

Hope we all get our visas approved soon!!!

Hi all,

An update Hubby has just received his confirmation email from co stating his subclass 100 has been granted today :biggrin: Finally the wait is over, it took exactly 5months and 1 day. So very excited and relieved the wait is now over.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Hi all,

An update Hubby has just received his confirmation email from co stating his subclass 100 has been granted today :biggrin: Finally the wait is over, it took exactly 5months and 1 day. So very excited and relieved the wait is now over.

Woot. That was quick. :D

Guest wardie77
Hi all,

WOOOHOOOO!!! Well done guys!!!

looks like they are kicking into action over at AH!!!!