SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I was just wondering how long people waited after getting their medical checks done before they heard anything from their COs?

I had my medical on 31/5/12 and I still haven't heard anything from CO (VF). I emailed today to chase up.

I also informed VF that, as of 8/6/12 I am now married! :biggrin:

Hi maisem,

My hubby had same prob. Was told by medical centre to get forms off website, he thought they meant the medical centres web site, but we eventually figured out they meant immi.gov.au

Printed off and took form 26 medical exam form

and form 160 x ray form

Some bits you can fill out in advance, some bits need signing in front of medic.

Also, ours wa £290!!!!! Arrggghh, and we get no real indication of results, only that it was ok.

Hope this helps

Katy x

Hi maisem

I couldn't get hold of the forms either. It wasn't an issue, the clinic deals with it. Make sure you have your passport and your HAP number.

The medical was straight forward: blood pressure, weight, height, photo, copy passport, chat about med history, look in eyes, listen to breathing, pee in cup, chest x-ray, blood test, take £200.

Enjoy!

John

Doesn't sound too bad! Mines costing £290 though. Its just the nervousness that they will find something wrong with me :S i'm sure it will be fine though. Thanks to everyone who has given advice!!

At long last it's in :)

Posted Wed 6th June..

Arrived at Australia House Thurs 7th June..

Email on the 8th asking for medicals to be done and an address for when we get to Oz for second stage processing..

Medical done today 12th June.. (also recieved our receipt of payment, police checks and the photos we submitted as evidence this morning in the post)

X-ray booked for tomorrow 13th June..

And the C/O we were assigned is JC, who seems very nice and efficient..

So once we get confirmation all is good with the medicals and our C/O says we dont need to submit anything else we are off to wait it out in Cambodia..

Happy days :)

Finally someone who has the same CO as me ;-) You are right, she is very effecient and always replies to emails very quickly. Lucky us!

I heard back from my CO about 4 days after my medical to confirm that he had recieved it and that no further information was required.

Good luck greeneyes!

Ergh I had my medical almost a month ago and I have not heard a peep from my CO. I don't really want to contact him particularly though but just wondering how long is too long! I was under the impression that once they ask for the medical they generally don't need anymore info...or is that not the case?

Guest brucey

Harvey88 - belated congrats, mate!

All - FYI - VF contacted me Tues to let me know that she was satisfied with the docs she had for me and that current processing times were 5 months. That puts me at mid-Oct for my grant and we are intending to head over just before Xmas...so I thought I'd try and tease out a confirmation from VF that we'd get the visa in time...but no reply as yet (which is telling as she's normally pretty prompt with her replies). Seems difficult to take these processing time seriously when you hear about the delays people are experiencing and I don't even know what to make of these planning levels/outcomes on the immi.gov.au website, given the family visas aren't supposed to be capped. All sounds like a poor play on words...but I keep my fingers firmly crossed that people don't have to wait any longer than 6 months!

Hello everyone. First post here. After collecting documentation for, I guess, several years basically, I have now finally sent off my 47sp this week to the Berlin office.

Application Submitted: Sent 09-06-2012 but not received in Berlin yet.

We are both offshore, applying in Berlin.

Police checks: included

Medicals: Not included (Berlin tells you it's better to wait).

Form 80: Included (obligatory in Berlin)

888s: Not included. Berlin specifies NOT to include them unless asked for. We have a handful ready, so that's a bit disappointing.

The waiting begins.

Yea that's normal. I didn't hear from my case officer for the next 5 months

Oh really? I always thought they contacted you and said they don't need anymore info and then the long wait happens. Hopefully my CO is satisfied but just hasn't bothered to tell me! My application is pretty straightforward to be honest.

My application was the easiest ever, no kids, no previous relationships or me or my girlfriend,no criminal record, my job also on the SOL, had been with my girlfriend 2 years not 1, loads of cash to take etc. still took over 6 months

My application was the easiest ever, no kids, no previous relationships or me or my girlfriend,no criminal record, my job also on the SOL, had been with my girlfriend 2 years not 1, loads of cash to take etc. still took over 6 months

No no... I'm expecting it to take 5-6 months obviously I'm just surprised I haven't been contacted to say he didn't need anything more. Is what you meant above that you did your medical and then didn't hear anything for 5-6 months but when you did that was your visa granted? I just always thought they let you know when they didn't need anymore info.

Guest nimhug
Oh really? I always thought they contacted you and said they don't need anymore info and then the long wait happens. Hopefully my CO is satisfied but just hasn't bothered to tell me! My application is pretty straightforward to be honest.

Hi Greeneyes,

After my medical (about a week or so) I just dropped a polite email to my CO to ensure that she received the medical and if there was anything further I could do at that point. She replied instantly stating that the medical had been received the week previously, it was all clear and that she required nothing further. Perhaps doing this would put you at ease. I know I wanted confirmation that I was healthy more than anything!! Good luck!

Guest nimhug
I've just been granted my de facto visa. I'm in the gym, just checked my email on my iPhone and have the confirmation email saying its approved. I'm trying not to cry on the cross trainer !!!!!

Harvey88 - sorry havent been on for a while! Congrats, I was really hoping for you the last few weeks! Delighted to log back in and see your good news!! Enjoy every bit! Worth the wait I am sure!

Hi Greeneyes,

After my medical (about a week or so) I just dropped a polite email to my CO to ensure that she received the medical and if there was anything further I could do at that point. She replied instantly stating that the medical had been received the week previously, it was all clear and that she required nothing further. Perhaps doing this would put you at ease. I know I wanted confirmation that I was healthy more than anything!! Good luck!

Aw thanks for this! I am planning in returning to Aus in August (on a tourist visa) as my boy needs to get back to work and we don't want to be apart so I may just wait until we've booked the flights to contact the CO and drop in that I trust everything is ok with the medical check! Thanks for the advice :)

Guest indaussie

Hi everyone,

anyone knows a cheap and good migration lawyer for spouse visas in Australia.please give me suggestions if you are using one . I will appreciate quick reply . Thanks