SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Bazinga

Not so long ago my CO gave me a date he would process our visa May 23rd (we applied Jan 24th). I emailed him to ask when I would need to leave Oz (originally late May). Was informed processing times have just increased by a month and I can leave Oz any time in July.

I am gutted. We fly in a week and everything was carefully planned around the date HE gave. This means my child will be out of school for nearly 3 months. I know we took a risk planning to fly before it was granted but I kept my CO updated the entire time and even asked if this was ok. I know it's not his fault.

Just wanted to let others know that we might be in for a longer wait than first thought though seemingly still within 6months and NOT closer to 4.5.

Not so long ago my CO gave me a date he would process our visa May 23rd (we applied Jan 24th). I emailed him to ask when I would need to leave Oz (originally late May). Was informed processing times have just increased by a month and I can leave Oz any time in July.

I am gutted. We fly in a week and everything was carefully planned around the date HE gave. This means my child will be out of school for nearly 3 months. I know we took a risk planning to fly before it was granted but I kept my CO updated the entire time and even asked if this was ok. I know it's not his fault.

Just wanted to let others know that we might be in for a longer wait than first thought though seemingly still within 6months and NOT closer to 4.5.

Thanks for this Bazinga - I was about to book flights.... will push them back a little after a quick email to the CO!

Dave

Thanks for this Bazinga - I was about to book flights.... will push them back a little after a quick email to the CO!

Dave

Eek! We've had a similar situ, told visa would be granted mid August so asked co if it was ok to book flights for end of Sept and told that yes that would be fine and to go ahead and book them....if it's only by an extra month we should be ok fingers crossed!

Eek! We've had a similar situ, told visa would be granted mid August so asked co if it was ok to book flights for end of Sept and told that yes that would be fine and to go ahead and book them....if it's only by an extra month we should be ok fingers crossed!

AGH.I have not heard fromour CO. We are already in Oz on a tourist visa, which will expire end of May. Just hoping we can get visa granted end of May rather than apply for another visa and have to leave country twice. :arghh:

:arghh:

Guest marmitegirl

Hi everyone

Just noticed that this thread has been active recently with lots of queries about processing times. To give everyone waiting an idea of the current situtation....I submitted my 309 application in person in London at the beginning of November 2011. I was told the usual 5-6 months, then later that the decision should be ready at 5 and a half months. I hit the 5 month wait mark today and have still not heard yet.

I think the times are increasing!! It's hard being patient but when you have a realistic timeframe in mind it helps. I'm sure everyone hopes that theirs will be done more quickly but it's really looking like AT LEAST 5 months, if not 6.

The next 2 weeks are going to go by very slowly!!

Good luck everyone!

Edited by marmitegirl

Guest marmitegirl

Me too Playgirl, see my post above.

I was told decision by mid-April, still waiting and tourist visa expiring soon!!!

Edited by marmitegirl

Me too Playgirl, see my post above.

I was told decision by mid-April, still waiting and tourist visa expiring soon!!!

Crikeys, my CO is so elusive. She never gives me an indicationof where we are. I still do not know if she has everything she needs or if I can plan to book to leavefor NZ mid May or later. She hasn't even mentioned a ddelay in times.

MMgirl let us know when yours does cme through!!

Guest Bazinga

The processing times have DEF increased by a minimum of a month. Playghirl - didn't you submit after me or very close to me?

I think you can easily extend the tourist visa though

Guest wardie77

Hi All, one thing to bare in mind with all the waiting times is that EVERYONE'S circumstances are different. Some applicants get processed for the 309 and some go straight to the 100 dependant on circumstances.

All you need to do is be patient, i know it is very difficult to do but as with any immigration I am sure there are lots of boxes for the CO's to tick and many applications to process.

They are quite clear when you apply that the waiting time is 5-6 months. those applications that are processed quicker are very lucky but as they say in the responce letter, do not make any plans until you get written confirmation that your application has been succuessful...

It sux but that is the harsh reality of the situation.

good luck to all those waiting!

Hi All, one thing to bare in mind with all the waiting times is that EVERYONE'S circumstances are different. Some applicants get processed for the 309 and some go straight to the 100 dependant on circumstances.

All you need to do is be patient, i know it is very difficult to do but as with any immigration I am sure there are lots of boxes for the CO's to tick and many applications to process.

They are quite clear when you apply that the waiting time is 5-6 months. those applications that are processed quicker are very lucky but as they say in the responce letter, do not make any plans until you get written confirmation that your application has been succuessful...

It sux but that is the harsh reality of the situation.

good luck to all those waiting!

*stamps feet...but I'm impatient :laugh:

Guest Bazinga

I'm sorry, it doesn't matter how straight forward or complicated your case is, if a CO has said processing times are extended by a month at the moment (so pushing us between 5-6 months as said on the website) then I think I'll believe the CO.

Can I just make crystal clear that the reason I am miffed is because my CO gave me an actual named date that he would be grant the visa (4 months after applying. I planned my flights, my kids schooling everything, around the date that HE gave me. He should NEVER have given it to me if there was the slightest chance that it would change. I will be making an official compliant but probably when my visa is actually granted! Plus he only let me know of the delay when I emailed him about something else.

Edited by Bazinga

Partner visa posted 10/4/12

Payment taken 11/4/12 (is this the first page they turn to? :eek:

will fill in the rest of the dates as soon as I get them, most importantly the last one!

good luck to everyone who is waiting...

Congrats... welcome to the queue. :policeman:

Update from me:

Adding my details for spouse 309 visa app, been together 3 years living together 1.5 years:

Sent special delivery on 21/3 with police check

Payment taken 22/3

Acknowledgement by CO (SV), asking for Medical 22/3

Medical undertaken at Bridge Clinic Maidenhead 2/4

Email stating case has been assessed and my visa is due to be granted mid-August dated 5/4.

Hopefully will get the visa then which would be fine. Also have a cat to ship so need to plan araound him too!

Cheers

Mark

Update from me:

Adding my details for spouse 309 visa app, been together 3 years living together 1.5 years:

Sent special delivery on 21/3 with police check

Payment taken 22/3

Acknowledgement by CO (SV), asking for Medical 22/3

Medical undertaken at Bridge Clinic Maidenhead 2/4

Email stating case has been assessed and my visa is due to be granted mid-August dated 5/4.

Hopefully will get the visa then which would be fine. Also have a cat to ship so need to plan araound him too!

Cheers

Mark

Our dates are fairly similar. Wonder if ill get mine in August too. Wish my CO was this forthcoming.

Hi Dave S,

If it's Aussie citizenship by descent you need for your son, just got my 2 kids citizenship by descent three weeks ago, was super quick, I posted it Monday, citizenship certificates arrived on Friday!! That was London office.

Hi Dave S,

If it's Aussie citizenship by descent you need for your son, just got my 2 kids citizenship by descent three weeks ago, was super quick, I posted it Monday, citizenship certificates arrived on Friday!! That was London office.

I'll second that, our son's came back in a matter of days. If only the visa was done that quickly!

Hi everyone

Just noticed that this thread has been active recently with lots of queries about processing times. To give everyone waiting an idea of the current situtation....I submitted my 309 application in person in London at the beginning of November 2011. I was told the usual 5-6 months, then later that the decision should be ready at 5 and a half months. I hit the 5 month wait mark today and have still not heard yet.

I think the times are increasing!! It's hard being patient but when you have a realistic timeframe in mind it helps. I'm sure everyone hopes that theirs will be done more quickly but it's really looking like AT LEAST 5 months, if not 6.

The next 2 weeks are going to go by very slowly!!

Good luck everyone!

I know how you feel.... I submitted my application towards the end of November and I've been checking emails like crazy every day. I'm on a tourist visa that expires in June, so I'm not too worried. But 2 days before I arrived in Oz (March 13th), my CO reiterated that my visa is due to be granted at the end of April. Surely, if there was a delay, she would have said something, it was only a month ago.... I arrived in Oz with a ticket to NZ booked for April 30th, and I'm really hoping I don't need to change the date....

I'm so glad there's a forum like this to be able to read others' experiences...

Good luck... Hopefully, yours will be through soon!

Guest charleysmum74

Last few months lazily getting evidence together, taking time filling in forms etc,

March 2012 realised it could take up to 7 months

March 2012 major panic sets in!

10/4/12 Application sent off to London

10/4/12 nailbiting starts!

12/4/12 checked bank and payment has been taken... they're quick enough with that one haha!

Edited by charleysmum74