SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi there!!!! Just wanted some idea on how anyone's prospective visa is going? Thought it would be good if anyone was going through the same thing around this time :)

So I'm in the uk and we sent the visa and it was received 25th Jan ...requested medicals and had them 31st so that was super quick! Then all medicals, police checks were sent 28th feb (took a bit longer cuz my partner had to get a police check cuz he's from nz)

Had confirmation on 5th march that CO was happy we had provided all outstanding forms and we needed to wait out the 5 months. I then asked few questions and she told me the current waiting time was 4 months. she also said she does not intend to refuse our visa so that's a nice piece of confirmation. Not going to count my chickens thou!!!!

Is that 4 months from the time the visa was first revived? In our case 25th Jan?

Any help advice I'd really appreciate it. Can't wait for that feeling when I know I'm actually getting married

Hi

I lodged a prospective marriage visa application on 7th March. So far everything has happened quite quickly...but getting prepared for the long and frustrating wait!! We are getting married on 14th october in Melbourne. I would also be really interested to hear from anyone else who has had their prospective marriage visa granted and how long it took. My CO is LG by the way!

:biggrin:

Guest nimhug
Thanks guys!!! seriously when THE email comes through you are just walking on air!! Just brilliant!!!

AMAZING! Delighted for you! Congrats and happy birthday!

At 10.40 this morning we went out on a limb and decided to ring LG, just to see if she could give us any idea about our approval.....

she said 'I thought that name was familiar.... I've just sent your approval via email only two minutes ago!' A 100 visa for husband and his son, who's 19 and a dependent...............

Yahooooooo! for us and best of luck to everyone else... the wait is really really worth it - ecstatic!

Does anyone know if you go back early in a tourist visa do you have to get a return flight (even though your not returning to the uk and will be just leaving to nz to receive prospective marriage)

Thanks!!!!

Guest laroo76
At 10.40 this morning we went out on a limb and decided to ring LG, just to see if she could give us any idea about our approval.....

she said 'I thought that name was familiar.... I've just sent your approval via email only two minutes ago!' A 100 visa for husband and his son, who's 19 and a dependent...............

Yahooooooo! for us and best of luck to everyone else... the wait is really really worth it - ecstatic!

Brilliant news!!! All the best, when r u aiming to leave? Where r u heading to?

Guest Bazinga

Dr26 - I have a one way ticket but I will have a copy of bank statement to show I have funds to leave country if required. My CO knows what I'm doing. I'm also going to take a copy of the original email the co sent if I need it to show we are in the system so to speak. I know that the visa will be approved within 5 weeks of is being there because I've timed it right so the tourist visa will cover us.

Brilliant news!!! All the best, when r u aiming to leave? Where r u heading to?

Probably not till July / August - and we're looking at Tasmania at the moment, we've also got contacts in Adelaide, but all my mates are in Sydney / Central Coast - the options are broad at the moment. Stepson won't be home for a couple of hours yet so we've got some Fosters and a couple of stubbie holders.... can't wait to tell him! Good news all round this week wasn't it?

Hi Everyone, we posted our application on Friday to arrive before 1pm today, we're going for the 309 spouse visa, my partner is Australian. Anyway, they would have recieved it today and payment has been taken today! Fingers crossed the rest of it goes as quickly hey!

Hi Everyone, we posted our application on Friday to arrive before 1pm today, we're going for the 309 spouse visa, my partner is Australian. Anyway, they would have recieved it today and payment has been taken today! Fingers crossed the rest of it goes as quickly hey!

Hey... we posted ours Friday to arrive before 1PM today as well! Also the 309 Spouse visa... and my partner is Australian as well!

Good luck ;)

Well done Braidwood! I wish we were going to the central coast but instead he got a job in canberra so we are off there.

Thanks Bazinga, not much work on the Central Coast though. Canberra is under-rated - and great to have a job to go down to. Serious job hunting starts from now! Enjoy Canberra.

Just had the email from my case officer. Asked for Police, Medical & clarification on whether my Son needs to be on the visa (he does not) & finally me to correctly fill out question 82 on 47SP!

I had a look at it - and its the question which asks you

In which countries have you lived for 12 months (in total) or more during the last 10 years?

Please do not write ‘Nil’ or ‘N/A’. Include details for all members of your family unit included in your visa application.

I emailed him that I have not lived outside of the UK. I have moved between England and Scotland once - I wonder if I should have put that? Different countries but from a visa perspective I assumed

It was safe enough to see them as 1. Perhaps I am wrong?

Good luck all

Guest wardie77
Just had the email from my case officer. Asked for Police, Medical & clarification on whether my Son needs to be on the visa (he does not) & finally me to correctly fill out question 82 on 47SP!

I had a look at it - and its the question which asks you

In which countries have you lived for 12 months (in total) or more during the last 10 years?

Please do not write ‘Nil’ or ‘N/A’. Include details for all members of your family unit included in your visa application.

I emailed him that I have not lived outside of the UK. I have moved between England and Scotland once - I wonder if I should have put that? Different countries but from a visa perspective I assumed

It was safe enough to see them as 1. Perhaps I am wrong?

Good luck all

Hi DaveS, I was in the same quandry as you but on the end I just put the very first day I arrived into the UK. If you were born in the UK I would just put your birthdate... Hope this helps and good luck! Mine is going in on Friday!

Hi DaveS, I was in the same quandry as you but on the end I just put the very first day I arrived into the UK. If you were born in the UK I would just put your birthdate... Hope this helps and good luck! Mine is going in on Friday!

I just sent my CO a short (unsigned!) document that explains I was born In England - but have lived in Scotland for 2 years. Have never lived anywhere outside of the UK - and not been out of the UK for more than a couple of weeks at a time.

Wow DaveS that was quick too, I haven't heard anything from them yet...do they normally send an email to confirm who your co is? or do they only contact you if they require something?

I guess like me you will get an email asking for your medical & police stuff at least. Unless you front-loaded?

Dave

Hi Dave,

I did front load but they are still asking for the medical....got to find out how to get that to them, which I'm working on...but they've also asked for information that I've already sent to them...is that normal? Is that just a standard reply? Did they ask you for that too?

Hi Dave,

I did front load but they are still asking for the medical....got to find out how to get that to them, which I'm working on...but they've also asked for information that I've already sent to them...is that normal? Is that just a standard reply? Did they ask you for that too?

The first thing the hospital asked me was for a reference number from my case officer. I provided this and assume its how it will be tracked. I think this is a downside to front loading - perhaps your CO just needs a nudge that its already submitted and he will have to use your name to track it.

Mine was not a standard reply - it was tailored to fill the gaps in my application. I assume yours is tailored as well?

they have now found my medical :)

hmm...they have clarified that they do need more info as we haven't proved that we've lived together since March 2010, we live with my folks but live independently...so we don't have any bills and we've submitted a declaration stating this..I'm at a loss now as to what information we could provide to prove that we have lived together since then!

they have now found my medical :)

hmm...they have clarified that they do need more info as we haven't proved that we've lived together since March 2010, we live with my folks but live independently...so we don't have any bills and we've submitted a declaration stating this..I'm at a loss now as to what information we could provide to prove that we have lived together since then!

What about a couple more form 888's filled out by your friends/family that state categorically your living arrangements?

Now I'm even more confused because we didn't live together in March 2010 as per our statements....our co has also said about a permanent visa...does this mean that we're not being considered for the temporary one?

I guess he is evaluating you for the permanent visa - which requires 2 years cohabitation.

In in the unfortunate boat of being 1-2 months off that - really... (first joint lease was June 2010)

;(