SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Bazinga

My point (having just gone through this) is that the 'fluffier' evidence is returned and the statements/financials kept. Could be because after they see it once they don't need it again (they just tick it off) or because they don't actually need it at all. If they want more evidence they will ask for it. Our CO was pretty good and told us upfront that aside from the meds & police checks he didn't require anything else from us. We are only one month in to the wait and it feels like one month too long! Still waiting on confirmation that the Aussie police check made it then we can book flights.

My point (having just gone through this) is that the 'fluffier' evidence is returned and the statements/financials kept. Could be because after they see it once they don't need it again (they just tick it off) or because they don't actually need it at all. If they want more evidence they will ask for it. Our CO was pretty good and told us upfront that aside from the meds & police checks he didn't require anything else from us. We are only one month in to the wait and it feels like one month too long! Still waiting on confirmation that the Aussie police check made it then we can book flights.

I actually sent everything I had in... I decided that they would make the call as to what they considered acceptable. I sent 2-3 years worth of bank statements, pay stubs, anything and everything with our names and address on it. i sent about 50 emails that were sent in 2003-2004 during our "dating" stage. i sent wills, photos, utility bills, council tax notices. I even sent the bill of lading of when I had my stuff shipped to move to the UK from Canada in 2005. I got a TON back, but at least my file wasn't delayed because they wanted more evidence.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I read somewhere that they scan everything you send and send it back...

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry...

Hello All,

Anyone submitted their Visa recently? If so how long does it seem to be taking to get allocated a case officer?

We submitted my visa (309) at Australia House on Tuesday of last week and not heard back as yet, so just wondered how long it had taken other people to hear back? And also do they tend to e-mail or phone?

Hi Sheff

My husband submitted his visa (309) in person at Australia House on the 02/02/2012, case officer contacted us the following day via email, requesting medicals and criminal check. Medicals and criminal check both done and sent to CO, so just waiting patiently now.

Hopefully you should hear something soon.

Hi Sheff

My husband submitted his visa (309) in person at Australia House on the 02/02/2012, case officer contacted us the following day via email, requesting medicals and criminal check. Medicals and criminal check both done and sent to CO, so just waiting patiently now.

Hopefully you should hear something soon.

Thanks N&C lets hope I hear soon then!!

I know they are looking at it as they have sent back the originals of our photos so should be soon

Hello All,

Anyone submitted their Visa recently? If so how long does it seem to be taking to get allocated a case officer?

We submitted my visa (309) at Australia House on Tuesday of last week and not heard back as yet, so just wondered how long it had taken other people to hear back? And also do they tend to e-mail or phone?

Hi there, I sent our application in by registered mail, and one week later we received phone call & and a follow up e-mail, requesting medical, and new police checks. My hubby had his medical done yesterday, and I sent all requested paperwork back registered mail two days ago. It seems to be quicker than I thought. I didn't think we'd have a case officer for a month or so... good news for us though ;)

Guest laroo76

We dropped all our stuff into Australia House in person back in November. We had a case officer approx one week later and an email to say 5-6 month wait, and to send our medicals and police checks. We posted those about a week later. I then left it for about two weeks and emailed them to double check all was received etc. They had received all bits, said health checks were fine, and that they didn't need any further information from us. I received our photos back in the post a couple of days after we dropped them to Australia House (waste of time that was, to have all the pics printed out, stuck in little book with little snippets to say where they were taken and who was in them etc). So now have been waiting nearly four months, hoping secretly to hear something in the near future!!

We dropped all our stuff into Australia House in person back in November. We had a case officer approx one week later and an email to say 5-6 month wait, and to send our medicals and police checks. We posted those about a week later. I then left it for about two weeks and emailed them to double check all was received etc. They had received all bits, said health checks were fine, and that they didn't need any further information from us. I received our photos back in the post a couple of days after we dropped them to Australia House (waste of time that was, to have all the pics printed out, stuck in little book with little snippets to say where they were taken and who was in them etc). So now have been waiting nearly four months, hoping secretly to hear something in the near future!!

Hi Laroo, we submitted ours in early September in exactly the same way that you did and it was approved in just under four months, just in time for Christmas :biggrin:. We were also told at the time that it would be a five to six month wait, so fingers crossed you'll get some good news through very soon!

Guest laroo76
Hi Laroo, we submitted ours in early September in exactly the same way that you did and it was approved in just under four months, just in time for Christmas :biggrin:. We were also told at the time that it would be a five to six month wait, so fingers crossed you'll get some good news through very soon!

Thanks west!! Are you there yet? If not when and where are you going?

I actually sent everything I had in... I decided that they would make the call as to what they considered acceptable. I sent 2-3 years worth of bank statements, pay stubs, anything and everything with our names and address on it. i sent about 50 emails that were sent in 2003-2004 during our "dating" stage. i sent wills, photos, utility bills, council tax notices. I even sent the bill of lading of when I had my stuff shipped to move to the UK from Canada in 2005. I got a TON back, but at least my file wasn't delayed because they wanted more evidence.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I read somewhere that they scan everything you send and send it back...

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry...

Ah thats the reason it takes 6 months then :biglaugh:

Thanks west!! Are you there yet? If not when and where are you going?

Unfortunately not - we've got a house to sell and until that's done we won't be able to book any flights. Fingers crossed it will be off our hands soon so we can finally get going!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their visas :smile:

Thanks for all your replies.

We are still waiting so starting to get a little bit anxious :unsure:

Is there anyone else that has submitted recently that has had to wait this long? So we put ours in just under 2 weeks ago in person at Australia House, money was taken there and then, plus we have had our originals scanned and then sent back to us, but still waiting on a CO being allocated to us, and then to tell us to get the medical etc.

Also has anyone that has waited this long before phoned them up to check on the status?

Hi there

Newbie here. I am British and my partner is Australian... currently living in London and hoping to move over to Melbourne towards the end of this year (depending on processing times, of course!).

Currently in the process of putting our application together. Hoping we have enough stuff....any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

We have been dating since April 2010, a couple since October 2010 and de facto since January 2011.

Hello Greeneyes sounds like your situation is very similar to ours!

We have been dating since March 2010, and de facto since January 2011 as well, and we also plan to move to Melbourne!

Just put our application in, as previous post, and actually included a lot of the same stuff that you have. So keep me to up to date on how you are going, and I will do the same here!

Second stage processing for 309 visa started in September 2011. I submitted new application forms, the update of personal details and recent evidence and have now been asked for a new ACPO clearance which I have applied for.

First stage was granted in November 2009.

Hi fosseboy, when did they send you the paperwork for the second stage? I heard it's about 22 months after you first applied for the 309 visa. Do you just have to prove that the relationship continued for the two years, so more bank statements, stat dec etc?

So you've been waiting for 5 months now... I wonder how long the second stage takes?

Hi All,

my OH and his son (my stepson) lodged applications on the 1/11/11 - CO assigned (LG) and Meds/PC's requested 8/11/11 - Medicals lodged 2/12/11, requested confirmation on 26/01/12 if all ok - yup and no further information required.

So now just hitting the refresh button on email every 30 seconds.........

Anyone else in November?

Hi All,

my OH and his son (my stepson) lodged applications on the 1/11/11 - CO assigned (LG) and Meds/PC's requested 8/11/11 - Medicals lodged 2/12/11, requested confirmation on 26/01/12 if all ok - yup and no further information required.

Anyone else in November?

I lodged end of November and the wait is killing me! I left the UK with a tear in my eye last week and am visiting my family in Canada for a couple of weeks until I head to Oz.... It would be SOOOOO nice to have the PR by March 15th. However, I don't see it happening :(

Guest laroo76
Hi All,

Anyone else in November?

Hi

We are 4th November, still waiting too....

Hope it comes soon

I lodged end of November and the wait is killing me! I left the UK with a tear in my eye last week and am visiting my family in Canada for a couple of weeks until I head to Oz.... It would be SOOOOO nice to have the PR by March 15th. However, I don't see it happening :(

we are 1 of nov CO PS still waiting fingers crossed we hear soon watching if anybody else has good news before me

Guest laroo76
well i learnt yesterday that my co of till 26 march so not gonna be this month gutted but least not checking emails every min!!!!!!

OH so sorry for you!! How did you find out your CO was off? As you say at least you wont be checking your emails constantly! Do they hand their files to someone else whilst they are away, maybe?

Guest Loz from Oz

Hi, my partner applied start of Nov too with CO DP. We have been told to expect it middle of March so hopefully wont be long now. I moved back home (aus) in April last year so been a loooongg time apart :-) Will be checking this post everyday now to see how everyone is going :-)

well i learnt yesterday that my co of till 26 march so not gonna be this month gutted but least not checking emails every min!!!!!!

Oh that's harsh! I don't think someones workload would just sit there for 3 weeks - maybe their files will be passed on so don't loose hope just yet. Who was your CO?