SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest detrrdre

Hi.

Applying for partner visa in London this week. Just wondering if they put special consideration to cases with small children and does the CO tell you automatically how long it will be until your visa is being processed?

Guest Bazinga

And so it begins...

Email from CO today requesting meds and UK & OZ police checks. Usual bit about 5-6 month wait too. Nervously excited. We have DP, anyone else?

And so it begins...

Email from CO today requesting meds and UK & OZ police checks. Usual bit about 5-6 month wait too. Nervously excited. We have DP, anyone else?

We got MT allocated today. Meds requested and more evidence of our ongoing relationship. Huge amount of stuff.................sigh.

nyoelsehad MT?

Guest Bazinga

Oh I'm sorry x We just had meds and police checks requested, am quite sure we will get asked for more though. We don't have that much concrete evidence, aside from a marriage and a child!

:jiggy:WOOO HOOO! :jiggy:

After nearly two years of following (and occasionally dipping my toe into) this thread I am hugely thrilled to be able to post the following:

I received an email in the last hour or so to state "I refer to your application for a (Temporary) Partner (Provisional) (Class UF) Visa. On the basis of your sponsorship by *the better half*, I am pleased to advise that you have been granted a subclass 309 Provisional Spousevisa."

Timeline is as follows:

26/09/11 - 309/100 application sent to AH by Special Delivery

28/09/11 - Email received requesting alternative form of payment (Amex not accepted by AH)

29/09/11 - Full payment taken from Visa card

06/10/11 - Case officer assigned (WP). Medicals and police checks requested plus certified copy of my OH's UK passport (we only sent a copy of the Australian one).

12/10/11 - Medical undertaken at Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead

04/11/11 - WP advised no further information required and hopes to be able to grant within 5-6 months of lodgement date (29/09)

26/01/12 - WP advised visa granted!!!

That's 3 days under the four month mark. :yes:

Absolutely over the moon - we have flights booked for 10th April with a 4 night stopover in Hong Kong. Heading to Adelaide initially to spend a few weeks with the OH's family and friends then we have plans to possibly do a month or two of travelling around Oz - the OH has got family in most cities so might do the big drive - Adelaide, Melbs, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Alice Springs, Adelaide before hopefully settling in Melbourne.

A huge thanks to everyone on this forum who's provided me with help and info regarding the visa application. I'll keep you all updated on our adventure!

Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

I'm so pleased for you!

Thank you - at least we can finally relax and finalise planning now. Actually have a local off license (remember 'bottle shop'...remember 'bottle shop'....) that sells a nice variety of Aussie beers - Coopers, James Boags, Little Creatures etc - so going to head in on the way home and pick up a selection for a Thursday night celebration :wink:

Plus, I will always remember that my visa was granted on Australia Day! Double celebrations....:err:

Thank you - at least we can finally relax and finalise planning now. Actually have a local off license (remember 'bottle shop'...remember 'bottle shop'....) that sells a nice variety of Aussie beers - Coopers, James Boags, Little Creatures etc - so going to head in on the way home and pick up a selection for a Thursday night celebration :wink:

Plus, I will always remember that my visa was granted on Australia Day! Double celebrations....:err:

Wow... Australia Day.... That is quite memorable!!! All the very best and congrats!!!! :biggrin:

You had quite the time of it!

Congraaaaaaaaaats, wish to hear about mine coz waiting killing us :S,

where did you lodge the app.? mine in Dubai - UAE 3rd of Oct 2011 all documents provided

just waiting now.

We got MT allocated today. Meds requested and more evidence of our ongoing relationship. Huge amount of stuff.................sigh.

nyoelsehad MT?

We had MT and were granted a defacto visa in just under 4 months. We were asked for meds and 1 additional piece of information (very specific to our circumstances, which I won't go into here).

Well my OH has just received notification that she has her Visa :biggrin:

Just for info here are the timescales: -

Application posted to Australia House - 24/09/2011

CO email on - 29/09/2011

Medical - 7/10/2012

Police Checks - 08/10/2011

Visa Granted - 02/02/2012

Total time 4 months 8 days approx

CO was LG

CO email on - 29/09/2011

Medical - 7/10/2012

CO was LG

Great news, You must all be very excited!

I am hoping to submit my application next week, great to hear not many people having to wait 6 months!

CO email on - 29/09/2011

Medical - 7/10/2012

CO was LG

Awesome news - congratulations! Best of luck with your future adventures :biggrin:

Guest Kirstin1989

Hi all new to this, just noticed I have same co as you DP :smile: Lodged my 309/100 visa in October still no word hope to hear something soon.