SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest GeorgeD
I asked my husband to call because he was all ready there. i wasnt sure whether they would give him the details but i was on skype to him when he made the call, i gave him the details and they gave him the info, im starting to get very concerned now, i was also unaware there was a time limit on the police checks or medicals. Im think id better call the emigration people myself and check a few of these things.

If you applied Offshore to London, then your CO is in London and your application will be processed in London. Don't speak to anyone in DIAC in Australia, you'd be lucky if they could even see your application. They have no idea what the processing times are in London. If they assume they are the same as in Australia then you will be given wildly wrong information...they don't even process that class of visa in Australia, they only process the Onshore version. Same form, same info, but totally different processing time. Offshore visas are processed quicker to reunite families, onshore is slower as you are probably already together.

You need to call your CO in London directly, without using your agent. Use the call as an opportunity to check they have all the info they need...if they say yes then you're pretty certain to get the visa without any issues, if they say no, they can tell you what further info they need (this isn't unusual, you just need more evidence, it happened to me and many others.)

Guest Bazinga
If you applied Offshore to London, then your CO is in London and your application will be processed in London. Don't speak to anyone in DIAC in Australia, you'd be lucky if they could even see your application. They have no idea what the processing times are in London. If they assume they are the same as in Australia then you will be given wildly wrong information...they don't even process that class of visa in Australia, they only process the Onshore version. Same form, same info, but totally different processing time. Offshore visas are processed quicker to reunite families, onshore is slower as you are probably already together.

You need to call your CO in London directly, without using your agent. Use the call as an opportunity to check they have all the info they need...if they say yes then you're pretty certain to get the visa without any issues, if they say no, they can tell you what further info they need (this isn't unusual, you just need more evidence, it happened to me and many others.)

I don't think she's been issued a CO yet?

hello all

does anyone have the same case officer as ours, her initials are S.V. is she fast weve been waiting since June for a prospective marriage visa all police and med checks are done.

I understand they have a big case load, we just getting txitchy waiting. I have heard the waiting was going to be the worst part now i know what they mean : )

Hi Prolite,

sv is my case officer too. I have applied end of August still didn't receive any answer from her. Middle of September, she called and asked for police clearance both from UK and overseas, I sent these documents within 1 hour. Since than didn't hear anything from her. Unfortunately, my uk visa gonna finish middle of next month, February'2012. So, I emailed her last week, asking what happen when I am overseas as I have to leave UK soon? she replied communication will be via email so there will be no problem.

Really upset now. Any suggestion???

SV was my case officer. She is operating under the direction of her management and the Australian government. Neither will be hurried to help the personal circumstances of a visa applicant - comply with the rules and eventually you'll get your visa. Anything else is not their problem..

Guest tullyfolk
"I am pleased to advise that you have been granted a subclass 309 Provisional Spouse visa."

Applied on the 6th September, been a little bit slow and problematic but really nothing traumatic.

Good timing though, I land on the 28th Jan :D

Stoked for you mate! We applied offshore (London) on Sep. 14th & were assigned PS as our CO (though PS dated his first correspondence 31/08/11). Fingers crossed we are next on the list cause we are SO ready to get on with things!! It's almost the 5-month mark...

SV was my case officer. She is operating under the direction of her management and the Australian government. Neither will be hurried to help the personal circumstances of a visa applicant - comply with the rules and eventually you'll get your visa. Anything else is not their problem..

Hey Peach,

thanks for the information. But as I applied on End of August, isn't she taking long time to give a decision? How long it took you to grant your visa? Because I have read lots of reply in this forum as well who applied after me and already granted their visa :(

Thanks in advance.

Hey Peach,

thanks for the information. But as I applied on End of August, isn't she taking long time to give a decision? How long it took you to grant your visa? Because I have read lots of reply in this forum as well who applied after me and already granted their visa :(

Thanks in advance.

It took six months for my visa to be granted - despite being with my partner over 10 years and having two kids together. From multiple conversations with SV and my agent it was clear that applications get quickly reviewed and then sit in a pile waiting for final approval. The Australian government has made them go slow and there is nothing that can be done to speed them up.

wow.. for 6 month being married with 2 kids.. I think it took a long time for you. My one is defacto partner, and hopefully she will grant my visa before my uk visa expire.

Guest Bazinga
It took six months for my visa to be granted - despite being with my partner over 10 years and having two kids together. From multiple conversations with SV and my agent it was clear that applications get quickly reviewed and then sit in a pile waiting for final approval. The Australian government has made them go slow and there is nothing that can be done to speed them up.

Can I just ask if you we're both in the same country during those 6 months?

Guest moving2oz2012

Hi everyone,

I've found this forum - & this thread in particular - very useful while waiting for my 309/100 Visa (would check almost daily!), so here is my timeline:

Application with AH & money taken: 30/08/2011 (police checks front loaded)

Case Officer (PS) Email: 02/09/2011 (with request for medicals)

Medicals done: 16/09/11

Visa 100 Granted: 05/01/2012!

Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Hello Everyone,

anyone with the SC300 prospective marriage visa here?

waiting killing me and my fiance :(,

Timeline: 3/Oct/2011 lodged

CO 5/Oct/2011

More detials Form 80 6/Oct/2011

Medicals. police check andSingle cetrificate requested 10/Nov/2011

Medicals done on 16/Nov/2011

all other documents submited 15/Dec/2011

No other info required nd waiting ongoing :S

i was looking for new year in oz but seems i have to wait more.

P.S application in Dubai and im living there.

Guest GeorgeD

I had the same CO. Same experience. There are rules. They will be followed and you will get your visa if you qualify in the timescale published by DIAC. You may be going round the bend with worry, I was, but it makes absolutely zero difference. The one thing to remember is that it really isn't anything personal and they are not deliberately making life difficult for you...you just need to be patient.

Guest Gothic Rose

Applied for Visa on the 13th of Sept 2011,

Visa granted today 20th Jan 2012.

CO was PS

So Happy...

Best of luck to those still waiting. Time does pass no matter how frustrating the wait. It's so worth it when you get the email saying Visa Granted :jiggy:

CO was PS

So Happy...

Best of luck to those still waiting. Time does pass no matter how frustrating the wait. It's so worth it when you get the email saying Visa Granted :jiggy:

Congratulations.:biggrin:

CO was PS

So Happy...

Congratulations again! Where abouts are you heading to?

We're not too far behind you - applied on 29th September (CO is WP) so really hoping for a grant in the next couple of weeks. We don't fly out until April but it would still nice to know that bit's all sorted!

Best of luck for all of your future adventures! :wink:

I have a wee dilemma and I hope someof you seasoned people may be ableto help. I ave a job whicch I neeed to star tin Sydney March 1 st. I have only just submitted OH spouse visa. I have applied for hubbystourist visa for 3 months which he has. Going on all of your time linnes hubbys spusal visa will not necessarily arrive before the end of the toursit visa. I need hubby to cone out atthe same time as me as I have no one to do childcare........ by the same token we don't want him to be deported!! I can'tturn down the job as teaching jobs in good areas in good schools are hard to get.....

just don't know what is best.

Why don't you get him a 12 month tourist visa? My mother in law got one when she came to aus with us in 2010. It was valid for 12 months from a certain date, she could stay for 6 months at a time then re enter fir another 6 months. So long as she was in the country by the day before the expiry date she cow,d stay for six months after that as well, hope that makes sense. It cost £105 I think. Small pice for him to stay longer without worrying.

CO was PS

So Happy...

Congratulation!!!! Finally the long waiting email knocked in your inbox!!!

Waiting eagerly for my one. I think I check my email 3 times a day now may be more :(