SA State Sponsorship - Are you waiting

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Sowters,

We have been given a 23kg allowance with Cathay Pacific booking thru Flightcentre (normal allowance is 20kg), not a lot extra but we figured the £400 saving on flight will more than cover the shipping cost - plus if you all take 40kg you've got to carry it around with you until you get to your rental.

I reckon your right renting your place out first, hopefully the exchange rate will improve and if you sell now and put it in the bank it won't earn any interest. In my area house prices are def on the rise, our next door neighbours sold their house 6 mths ago for 200k, we ahd ours valued at 225k and it's smaller (but I have built most of it myself and the agent liked the finish).

For flights speak to Emma at Flightcentre on 020 7628 6298, she was great.

Let me know how you get on.

Oh yeah, look on pomsinadelaide as well, I looked today and have already found 2 other families moving to Adelaide next year from Swindon, where I live, have arranged a beer etc to catch up before we all move next year - should be same for you in your neck of the woods.

Good luck matey and be good to meet you all next year

Damo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The "legdes"

Hi Guys,

Sorry its been sooo long since I updated our list. We've been busy moving in our new house etc. I'll try to do an update in the next few days.

Is anyone planning on coming to the meetup on Sunday 1/11 ? (We have something else on too but if someone is going to be there I'll make sure we are ).

The weather, which has often been really cold til now (jumpers trainers, socks, coats, blankets on beds, over quilts ..get the picture ?), has started warming up at last...its been 32C the last couple of days and 35C forecast for Sun..its then due to dip again so don't leave those jumpers behind!

Also, think about bringing your car...prices are higher than the UK and values are retained like you won't believe.....we wish we'd brought ours. It was a Zafira which we sold for £3K and would have been $16K here -doh !

Hi Guys,

Sorry its been sooo long since I updated our list. We've been busy moving in our new house etc. I'll try to do an update in the next few days.

Is anyone planning on coming to the meetup on Sunday 1/11 ? (We have something else on too but if someone is going to be there I'll make sure we are ).

The weather, which has often been really cold til now (jumpers trainers, socks, coats, blankets on beds, over quilts ..get the picture ?), has started warming up at last...its been 32C the last couple of days and 35C forecast for Sun..its then due to dip again so don't leave those jumpers behind!

Also, think about bringing your car...prices are higher than the UK and values are retained like you won't believe.....we wish we'd brought ours. It was a Zafira which we sold for £3K and would have been $16K here -doh !

Glad you are doing well. Is your hubby going to join the Fire Service out there and did he did he get an answer on his pension transfer?

JOHN

Guest The Sowters

Removals booked for 11th Jan, flights for 28th, Singapore airlines 1800 quid for 2 adults & 1 child with double baggage. I guess thats 15kg for me and 105 for wife and daughter

been here 3 weeks now been pretty full on with TFN, centrelink, cars (3.5 ltr mitsubishi magna) skype mobiles, now looking for long term rentals prospect area. Also got a job at levett enginnering (thank god) last saturday spent all day on Henley Beach, blue water, white sands this is why we came 10,000 miles, all the best to the ones who are here and to the ones who are almost here , paddy, michelle, molly, poppy and one in the oven:jiggy:

Guest tigers08

hya paddy . we have been here for 5 weeks now, rental in hallett cove, kids are 7 and 9 , im bricky. be good to meet up sometime. have beer n chat. mobile=0451475503

Guest The Sowters

Hi Paddy

We are flying out on 28th January so save us some sunshine!!!!

Hows the job situation for Metal Machinists? you seem to have got yourself sorted pretty fast.

Regards

Mark

been here 3 weeks now been pretty full on with TFN, centrelink, cars (3.5 ltr mitsubishi magna) skype mobiles, now looking for long term rentals prospect area. Also got a job at levett enginnering (thank god) last saturday spent all day on Henley Beach, blue water, white sands this is why we came 10,000 miles, all the best to the ones who are here and to the ones who are almost here , paddy, michelle, molly, poppy and one in the oven:jiggy:

Guest The "legdes"

Sowters,

You shouldn't have a prob getting a job as a metal machinist. My husband had his choice of jobs. There is a recruiting firm we can recommend if you are interested when you get here. My husband currently earns $28 per hour plus superan....this was more than if he'd gone with an employer direct.

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Luverpants,

Husband got his pension value...after months and months about 10 altogether! He's not transferring to the Fire Service here...but his brother did in Perth tho and he has transferred his pension to the fire service there I think...will check and let you know.

Guest shirazeram

Hi every one,

I got my SA sponsorship approved. But I do not know if I would better continue for it or not?! I mean if the process of the state sponsored are quite the same as the other MODL then what should be the reason to continue with state sponsorship?! I better wait to get progress by normal 175 application then choose to go to SA or I need to continue and get 176 application in progress?

Any idea appreciated.

Shiraz

Hi pals,

after being rejected by Victoria ...:cry:, i was thinking to apply for South Australia. I have managed to complete and answer all questions. But, one question just leaves me nuthing much to write about. Its .... "why do you want to choose South Australia, and write details on why you want to migrate to South Australia"....

well my reason is just simple as "I have got some of my friends there and .. well i prefer the southern australia compared to other areas ....

What did you mention as a reason to migrate to SA while submitting your SS Application? I would really appreciate if you can share a bit of info...

thanks ...

Guest The Sowters

Ledges, could you let me have the contact information for the recruiting firm you mentioned earlier please so I can drop them a line with resume etc.

Hope your aclimatising well, save some sun for us!!! we are booked to fly 28th Jan so should be plenty of warmth to go around.

Regards

Mark, Tania n Emily

Hiya paddy

just spotted your thread and noticed you are same trade as me,metal machinest 1st class.we have just lodged our visa with diac and are now in for the possibly long wait!!I was just wondering what the job opportunities were like in cnc turning,centre lathe turning.im fully skilled,full apprenticeship and 20yrs experience.Ive heard mixed reports.Any help or advice would be gratefull.

Hope your all settling in ok and getting ready for a warm christmas!

Thanks

Paul,Adele,Lewis & Mia

Hi pals,

after being rejected by Victoria ...:cry:, i was thinking to apply for South Australia. I have managed to complete and answer all questions. But, one question just leaves me nuthing much to write about. Its .... "why do you want to choose South Australia, and write details on why you want to migrate to South Australia"....

well my reason is just simple as "I have got some of my friends there and .. well i prefer the southern australia compared to other areas ....

What did you mention as a reason to migrate to SA while submitting your SS Application? I would really appreciate if you can share a bit of info...

thanks ...

Hi

We got our SA SS granted early october.we mentioned all the reasons we wanted to go to SA,opportunities,education,schools,climate,familly lifestyle etc.Mention as many facts as you can we researched for hours quoting various facts & figures about employment,culture,health,education,investment within SA.We had trouble in the end breaking it all down into the 1500 charictoristics allowed.If you want anymore help message me

Good Luck

Paul

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Top Turner,

We emigrated in Sept and my OH had his choice of jobs as a metal machinist. You shouldn't have any probs so I wouldn't worry about it at all. Unlike other trades you don't need to license. He's currently on $28 per hr plus superan...but that's contract...if he'd taken the perm it would have been around $24.

There are jobs in the newspaper every week. I can recommend an agency too "Rexco". You can check out the newspaper job ads for youself at "careerone.com.au".

Hope this helps. If you need help nearer the time PM me.

Caroline

Hiya paddy

just spotted your thread and noticed you are same trade as me,metal machinest 1st class.we have just lodged our visa with diac and are now in for the possibly long wait!!I was just wondering what the job opportunities were like in cnc turning,centre lathe turning.im fully skilled,full apprenticeship and 20yrs experience.Ive heard mixed reports.Any help or advice would be gratefull.

Hope your all settling in ok and getting ready for a warm christmas!

Thanks

Paul,Adele,Lewis & Mia

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Briggs,

Do get in touch when you arrive...we'd love to meet you all. PM me for my mob number.

remember that Singapore do double the baggage allowance if you are validating a perm res visa. Unfortunately the prices seem fairly steep at the mo...compared with when we flew in Sept anyway. Hope you find a bargain...if I see anything I'll be sure to post you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The "legdes"

Don't forget the meetup at Kingston Park (near Brighton Caravan Park) this Sunday...anyone planning to be there ?

Hi again, we are coming!!!!!(6th) Arrived last thurs and looking forward to meeting everyone. How will we know who you are lol

Shaz

Archived