NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Okay - here is my P*** off of the day. Last night I telephoned the APHRA office I posted my application to, to check on the progress and expected time to completion - I spoke to a lovely lady who told me they had everything they needed and were ready to grant but were still waiting for stuff from NMC who assure me they posted on Nov 11th - seriously, how can it take this long to get there?

Sorry if this has been asked before. Just gathering my stuff together for AHPRA and was going to get some Statutory Declarations made. My question is can I have one Statutory Declaration saying more than one thing such as I have no criminal record, no health problems and no outstanding disciplinary proceedings or do they have to be three separate ones?

Guest lisabreeze

ARgh ! Stil can't get thru to APHRA and i'm getting a tad mad! They received all my docs on 22 Aug and still not got my reg thru and can't get my 457 without it! Does anyone have another number i could try, a direct dial for someone who can and WILL help? PLEASE !!!!

Lisa

x

Guest Tannadice1909

New to forum need some advice,hubby has job in Adelaide in January, waiting for our 457 visa to come through which was lodged by his employer on 26/10 . I have had my medical finalised and will be seeking work come February as a community nurse hopefully. I have downloaded the reg form from the APHRA SITE it looks pretty complicated and reading some of the posts i will be lucky if i am registered before JULY . Will it be easier to wait until i am in oz or am i as well starting the process ASAP. Would appreciate any advice thanks NICOLA

New to forum need some advice,hubby has job in Adelaide in January, waiting for our 457 visa to come through which was lodged by his employer on 26/10 . I have had my medical finalised and will be seeking work come February as a community nurse hopefully. I have downloaded the reg form from the APHRA SITE it looks pretty complicated and reading some of the posts i will be lucky if i am registered before JULY . Will it be easier to wait until i am in oz or am i as well starting the process ASAP. Would appreciate any advice thanks NICOLA

Hi Nicola

I would start the process now. It's actually not that complicated, if you go through the application form 1 section at a time. All of your supporting documents need to be certified as true copies of the original, a notary public can do this. You then need a CV and a letter from HR of your current employers to prove how much experience you have. Also contact your university who will send a transcipt of your course to ahpra. And contact the nmc who will send a statement of good standing also. Don't know if I'm forgetting anything. You also need to prove you have been 'taught' and 'assessed' in English for more than 5 years. I proved this by getting the uni and my school to write a letter showing this. Took me about 3 weeks to get all this before sending it away. Best of luck

Guest Tannadice1909
Hi Nicola

I would start the process now. It's actually not that complicated, if you go through the application form 1 section at a time. All of your supporting documents need to be certified as true copies of the original, a notary public can do this. You then need a CV and a letter from HR of your current employers to prove how much experience you have. Also contact your university who will send a transcipt of your course to ahpra. And contact the nmc who will send a statement of good standing also. Don't know if I'm forgetting anything. You also need to prove you have been 'taught' and 'assessed' in English for more than 5 years. I proved this by getting the uni and my school to write a letter showing this. Took me about 3 weeks to get all this before sending it away. Best of luck

Thanks for the advice , do you need to send your o grade and higher certificates or is it just the nursing qualifications. thanks Nicola:biggrin:

Also keep very detailed notes of:

1: Times and dates, who you dealt with, what was sent and to whom

2: Copies of absolutely everything especially emails

Just assume you are dealing with a blithering idiot and that it will come before a court - that way you will have all the evidence to win.

Also its worth joining the nursing union in which ever state you are going to as they will help if needed.

We have been pratting about for a year now and now have the QNU and the Federal MP involved as our case has turned into a nightmare - and its a straight forwards one too!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cdchaplin

i agree my pr visa took 5 1/2 months start to finish. aphra have had my paper work since july and still are telling me that they are unable to make a complete assessment following a 17 page transcript of my training from my uni which is still not sufficient apparently for them to assess my nurse diploma as equivalent to thiers!!! the uni have told me today that they do not hold any more information on their databases and can not provide any further info for me so now i'm so stressed as do not know what to do!!!

Guest rachie27
i agree my pr visa took 5 1/2 months start to finish. aphra have had my paper work since july and still are telling me that they are unable to make a complete assessment following a 17 page transcript of my training from my uni which is still not sufficient apparently for them to assess my nurse diploma as equivalent to thiers!!! the uni have told me today that they do not hold any more information on their databases and can not provide any further info for me so now i'm so stressed as do not know what to do!!!

cdchaplin i have had the same issue with ahpra i contacted manchester uni and they provided me with an eu directive which confirmed exposure to the areas they wanted. maybe you could ask your uni about this.

hope this helps

Guest cdchaplin

i have spoke to uni but they confimred that they cannot help me any further bless the poor woman has been helping me for months nowand has exhuasted all avenues. i am going to try nmc tomorrow to see if they can provide this info!!

Guest rachie27

had an email from my case worker this morning saying they have all the documents required and will be fully assessed now. god know how long this will take. might get on the registember by November :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest therese

if your here on 457 just a modified assessment is need when applying for PR . Its maybe cheaper to go AHPRA - modified assessment rather than to have a full assessment ANMC then AHPRA

mmm make sense?

I don't think that's ok! Following from APHRA website:

"Outside Australia, the following people are authorised to certify documents:

• Justice of the Peace
  • Notary public
  • Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)
  • Employee of the Commonwealth or the Australian Trade Commission who works outside Australia."

Hi does anyone know if you can get get state sponsorship for community based jobs? I havent worked in the hospitals for approx 8 years have had various roles in community. An agency have informed me they will be unlikely to find me work though they did offer to check my CV. I was hoping to come over on a 457 visa. Any advise would be great. Thanks Nicola

Hi, I'm hoping to come on a 457. I'm like you; been in community for years.

Keep checking out seek.com.au - that's where I see community jobs in my field. Might give you a look in..

Oh, and I'm sure community jobs are on the SOL lists so imagine they could be state sponsored.

Hi , I am just about to complete my 12 months work experience and Ive also booked to sit the IELTS test and was wondering if anyone has any recent experience of applying for their skills assesment with ANMAC. I was going to use an agent but I cant afford it at present so was going to give it a bash myself . Any help would be gratefully appreciated . I have looked at at the ANMAC website and was wondering do you fill the application online once you pass the IELTS and the courier all the certified copies of the required documents?

Thanks x

No need for an agent. You have to do all the hard part!! So why pay someone for the easy bit which is to send it in the post for you.

I had my skills assessment done in April but I think things have changed again with the ANMAC since then.

When I applied I could not fill out any part of the application until I had been successful with my IELTS.

Once application was completed online I then sent all the supporting documents and requested the other documents which needed to be sent directly to them.