NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi everyone I have received my LOD, (ANMAC) & I am now trying to complete AHPRA application form. I hope someone can help me with the following questions

Q4 Identification documents -there is special circumstances for applying overseas but none of the boxes apply to me, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Q25 have you studied 5 years full time study in English yes/no (I have but dont see the point in having to send certified documents when ANMAC are sending my IELTS certificate), is it ACCEPTABLE to answer No to allow me to complete the IELTS section, bearing in mind my AHPRA CV clearly states my educational history????

Sorry if this does not make sense I am pulling my hair out. I had an AHPRA application form completed (ready to send), but they have issued a newer version, which has changed!!!!

Any help will be appreciated x

I can help with the English thing...

I answered yes and simply listed my education - degree 3 years and college 2 and I just provided my certificates as they need these anyway. No need to bother with anything else there. Then I got my ielts sent to ahpra.

Nothing else way requested and my application was processed very quickly

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hoping someone can offer some advice. I am gathering all information needed for skills assessment. I have one of my references from a previous manager, not sure if all the required information has been included. Could someone either have a look at my reference for me or offer a peek at a successful one? I provided templates and faq's to my manager, I just want to make sure the process is as smooth as possible.

Thankyou for any information offered ;)

Hi,

I am applying for registration to AHPRA. I have been here in Melbourne for three weeks now, under Subclass 189 Independent Skilled Migrant Visa (dependent of my husband, who is a rockstar ;) )

I have just discovered this forum through Google. And if I may ask, why do UK nurses want to migrate to Oz?

Oh, for background, I am from a third world country, so UK is pretty much high up there in terms of dream migration destinations for nurses where I came from. :)

Guest Guest 47403
I came for the weather and to see if I could learn anything from aussie nursing

So hows it turneed out Lorna? Happy with your lot?

Title

Liked

Rep

AHPRA application with diploma-mental health nurse

Hi everyone,*

I'm new to the site so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I handed in my AHPRA application in Sydney on 17/02/14. The lady I gave it to told me to check the website as the verification of qualifications process had changed two weeks prior.*

When I looked I felt sick seeing that they had changed the requirement to degree level. I called and explained that although I have a diploma, I have 10 years experience. I was told that they would consider the application but looking at the site it seems pretty clear that this is not the case. I just wondered whether anyone else knew any more than I do or has any advice? I don't want to wait months for a rejection when I could be getting on with doing a degree...which I really don't want to do!*

Thanks

I'm currently waiting on my AHPRA registration, have been sponsored by a hospital in WA and everything (but my registration with AHPRA) and keep receiving the same email from my case officer when I ask for an update - 'your application is receiving attention and your patience is highly appreciated' etc. Anyone had any update on applications not granted prior to the new assessment process coming in? I'm a UK trained Mental Health Nurse with a 3 year diploma.

I meant to write 'everything (but my registration with ahpra) is in place so when my AHPRA comes back (hopefully an acceptance!) my 457 visa application can be lodged.' Anyone had recent acceptance/rejection from AHPRA in the same circumstances?

Hi, we've had nothing through as yet and have been waiting since August 2013

Ive not yet had mine through either i have also been waiting since August. It seems to be the NMC delaying things my end. AGAIN

agreed; they've been particularly obtuse about the whole thing, although they have sent us a confirmation letter stating that they have sent the required info through re criteria 3 and my uni have sent through the stuff for criteria 2 & 8 so it's been over to AHPRA again to see what more we need to send!

agreed; they've been particularly obtuse about the whole thing, although they have sent us a confirmation letter stating that they have sent the required info through re criteria 3 and my uni have sent through the stuff for criteria 2 & 8 so it's been over to AHPRA again to see what more we need to send!

Harby88 how long did it take the NMC to send on the info to AHPRA after you requested it?

Meeting the requirements of Criterion 8

You must show that you have been assessed and demonstrated clinical competence in the administration of medications, including calculations, using all routes of medicines administration (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intravenous).

Completing a pharmacology subject or unit of study as part of a nursing program of study may not be sufficient evidence on its own.

The type of evidence you need to provide includes:

• outlines of a pharmacology course or subject that describe the content and assessment of:
    • pharmacokinetics
    • pharmacodynamics and the quality use of medicines
    • administration of medications (including calculations), and

[*]evidence of successful completion of pharmacology unit/s of study in the following specific areas:

• pharmacokinetics
    • pharmacodynamics
    • quality use of medicines
    • administration of medications (including calculations).1

1The documentary evidence you provide must describe both the content and assessments and show that you have satisfactorily completed: the

• theory, and
  • applied clinical practice in the administration of medications, including calculations, using all routes of medicines administration to patients.

HI,

Can anyone help? since the new changes with AHPRA and the new model are UK RMNs still able to register? I am worried about criteria 8 and how this can be evidenced as we did not cover or get assessed on pharmokinetics. We did however cover medication management, does anyone know if criteria 8 is going to be a problem for RMNs? or has any RMN registered since the new model came into play?

Thanks in advance

Harby88 how long did it take the NMC to send on the info to AHPRA after you requested it?

we requested it mid Feb when it all first came out, so there was a lot of huffing and puffing, eventually got sent 11th March, but they seem to have got a grip with it now so a reckon you'll probably get a 2 week turnaround form when you ring verification's and ask them to send you the form

Edited by harby88

meeting the requirements of criterion 8

you must show that you have been assessed and demonstrated clinical competence in the administration of medications, including calculations, using all routes of medicines administration (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intravenous).

Completing a pharmacology subject or unit of study as part of a nursing program of study may not be sufficient evidence on its own.

The type of evidence you need to provide includes:

• outlines of a pharmacology course or subject that describe the content and assessment of:

• pharmacokinetics

• pharmacodynamics and the quality use of medicines

• administration of medications (including calculations), and

[*]evidence of successful completion of pharmacology unit/s of study in the following specific areas:

• pharmacokinetics

• pharmacodynamics

• quality use of medicines

• administration of medications (including calculations).1

1the documentary evidence you provide must describe both the content and assessments and show that you have satisfactorily completed: The

• theory, and

• applied clinical practice in the administration of medications, including calculations, using all routes of medicines administration to patients.

jesus!

Received this from the NMC today.

"Unfortunately a copy of your RN1 transcript could not be located; however I have included a copy of the EU Directive. This document outlines the successful training programme that you completed in order to be registered with this council."

Had asked them for a transcript of my Nursing Degree as the uni transcript only stated pharmacology & they didn't hold any more info as I completed it back in 1991.

Have no idea if this EU directive will state enough for Criteria 8. Will let you all know in due course incase anyone else is in the same boat.