NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

I hav the same problem. Ahpra signed my for my nmc verification certificate on 28 march but up to now they say they can't find it. I tracked mine so you can track yours too. Ring nmc and ask for tracking number and track with Royal Mail and then AusPost. You can ring or you can do it online.

Hi Toodolou

You do need to do academic IELTS. you need 7 in all elements for ANMAC, I did it last week so waiting for results! I need all 8s for the visa points! :mad:

Nicky

good luck - hope you get what you need . How was it? Did you prepare ? I need all 8s for extra pr visa points going to book up for June , if im so nervous about it when already english citizen , imagine how much work for nonenglish taking IELTs ,

will keep my fingers crossed for you , how long is wait for results

Hi

Just after any advice or tips for people that have managed to get dual registration for nursing and midwifery in Oz,.

I have been midwife for 10 years and nurse 8 years before that. AHPRA have granted my midwifery registration but not my nursing as I have not actually practised nursing for 10 years.

I really need my nursing as well as I am going to be working rural and need both. I have option to appeal and wondering if anyone has advise or simular situation. Was going to clarify all the duties that I had as a midwife that where nurse related such as post op care and scrubbing in theatre etc

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Zoe

Hi

Just after any advice or tips for people that have managed to get dual registration for nursing and midwifery in Oz,.

I have been midwife for 10 years and nurse 8 years before that. AHPRA have granted my midwifery registration but not my nursing as I have not actually practised nursing for 10 years.

I really need my nursing as well as I am going to be working rural and need both. I have option to appeal and wondering if anyone has advise or simular situation. Was going to clarify all the duties that I had as a midwife that where nurse related such as post op care and scrubbing in theatre etc

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Zoe

Sorry for the delayed reply. I do a lot of flying as part of my job but I am a Critical Care Nurse. What about yourself? Have you decided on where you would like to move to in Oz? I really hope all of your bits go through ok. I still have some bits to get together but I have some leave coming up and so it will be one last push hopefully to get everything sorted and sent! Good luck :)

you can apply to ahpra now, once you get letter of eligibility you have to appear in person to complete registration, so apply within the year you want to move, from sending off my application to Sydney office it took approx 8weeks.

Hi there,

i am a registered nurse with only 3 months experience in a general surgical ward. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how much experience you need to apply for ahpra and is there anything I can do at this stage to start the process? Thanks,beki x

you can apply to ahpra now, once you get letter of eligibility you have to appear in person to complete registration, so apply within the year you want to move, from sending off my application to Sydney office it took approx 8weeks.

Thanks very much for your help. What visa did u go over on? So I can apply for ahpra now? Beki x

I'm leaving in July on 457 visa as I'm not sure i want to stay forever and if i do i can always go for permanent over there, yes you can apply for ahpra now, take your time with application and get all little details right coz it'll hold everything up if they need to ask you for extra info or send things back etc, and that appears to cause a lot of stress for people, if you plan to go before summer 2014, i would apply now...you'll get loads of help from people on here if you need it :)

Thanks very much for your help. What visa did u go over on? So I can apply for ahpra now? Beki x

I'm leaving in July on 457 visa as I'm not sure i want to stay forever and if i do i can always go for permanent over there, yes you can apply for ahpra now, take your time with application and get all little details right coz it'll hold everything up if they need to ask you for extra info or send things back etc, and that appears to cause a lot of stress for people, if you plan to go before summer 2014, i would apply now...you'll get loads of help from people on here if you need it :)

Amazing :) where is ur job and where did u find it if u don't mind me asking? Sorry about all the questions! Xx

its in Sydney, the concord centre for mental health (looks great!), im going into acute admissions again, i asked for that as that is what i do now and thought it would be best to start where i know but was offered various departments by new south wales health :) i found it through healthstaffrecruitment, they phoned me and said turn up for an interview, i was offered job in December. i dont mind questions, i fired enough at other people lol xx

HI I am very confused have just send all my paperwork to agent to send to ANMAC but I do not know how I go about asking ANMAC to forward theses on to Queensland APHRA so I dont need to get all my documentation done again and pay!!!!!! Can anyone help I asked migration agent for advice but they said they did not know. I am worried things will go out of date and unsure as to when I should apply to APHRA so I dont waste money by paying way before I go. I have sent papers to agent today, then they will send everything to ANMAC then APHRA?????? I am hoping to go on a 189 June 2014, Please help......

I don't know if each state board will pass on documents to another board, I was referring to the ANMC and the skills assessment, But I would imagine you'll have to pay the NMBWA to verify your licence to practise. I don't know how long the nursing boards hold the evidence for, the ANMC hold it for 2 years (which is when the skills assessment would expire). Once your registered with a nursing board, I don't know if they keep your documents or not.

Ali

Hi I just asked Anmac! I was doing it myself and had a few emails by the lady working on my case but it was no problem, they just asked which office, I chose Darwin as apparently quicker, and then I got email to say they were sent. Mind I havent had email to say theyve been received!

Cut and paste that into adress line..

file://localhost/C:/Users/Home/AppData/Local/Opera/Opera/temporary_downloads/Standard-Format-for-Curriculum-Vitae%20(2).PDF

AHPRA CV PLEASE HELP

OH MY GOD HOW I NEED HELP WITH MY CV

I am a registered nurse working within the NHS FOR 12 yrs. if anyone could help me with ahpra cv this would be appreciated.

Hi all,

help! Im pulling my hair out!

12 weeks ago, i asked my manager for a professional reference, and even though ive asked about its progress i still havent had it! Ive provided her with ANMACs prof ref template, and still nothing! I asked the other day again, and her reason now is that shes frightened that shell do something wrong and mess things up for me!!

i was wondering if somone would be so kind as to share their prof ref with me (personal details deleted of course), so that my manager has another point of reference! (Im sorry to ask, but ive paid for an assessment thats going nowhere without this).

thanks in adavance for any help or advice to point me in any direction,

mir x