Kids school files passed on to Oz

xTINKSx

I have 3 children of school age, all going to different schools, infants, juniors & seniors. I have informed each school that the kids will be leaving the schools and requested to have their file so I can pass on to their news schools in Brisbane.

My eldest daughter's teacher (senior school) has said that they will not pass on our file but will post it to the relevant school when it is requested by them?? I thought this was normal practise in the UK but is it so when transferring overseas. Anyone have any experience of this situation?

xTinksx

Guest guest17301

Hi Tinks

I have let Courtney's school know weeks and weeks ago by letter, asking for her file. Today her form teacher asked when she was leaving and if she had let the school know! I'm taking her last few years reports and leaving it at that . Good luck mate, Fi xx

Hi

I got copies of our kids school reports today but I had to request it in writing but had no problem with getting them.

Coincidentally we got a letter home from school today stating that all children and their parents are entitled to have access to their personal data held on file ie progress reports etc and that this can be gained by putting a request in writing.

Good Luck

Emma

Wow, Australian schools wont expect school files to be sent over - we cant even manage sending files to another state system even when a parent requests it. We can release reports which the parent should already have copies of but anything else basically belongs to the department and there are all sorts of convoluted channels that one has to go through to get information.

It is highly unlikely that they will read anything that is sent anyway unless they skim it politely when you bring it in. The only exception to this is if a child has a disability of some kind and has had psychoeducational assessments, speech therapy, occupational therapy or physiotherapy assessments, diagnosis of some medical condition which impacts on their learning, vision assessments, audiological assessments etc in which case you bring with you (in your luggage not your container) all up to date assessments, reports, individual education plans etc.

All a school really ever asks for for most kids is evidence of their birth date and evidence of their visa status and their vaccination record (I think in UK that is the blue book???)

Hi Quoll

What`s the score with vaccinations?

Is it true a school can deny entrance if a child doesn`t have certain jabs?

I gave mine a single measles because I didn`t want to allow MMR.

By the way it`s now a red book!!

Sue x

If there is an outbreak of a particular disease and your child hasn't been vaccinated some schools (and day care facilities) will exclude your child until the risk is over.

Archived