Hang on in there - almost 2 years later...

jo90

Just wanted to say to everyone ...

Hang on in there! After being a member on here for almost 2 years when we first applied for our visa to oz, today we received confirmation that our visa has been granted!!!! :jiggy:

As people who have followed our rollercoaster ride will know it certainly has been a bumpy ride!

Just wanted to give people who feel that it will never happen a little glimmer of hope!

Best of luck!

Jo x :biggrinxmas:

congratulations..

wow - what a long road for you...what visa have you got?

(just got ours approved last night - 175)

CONGRATULATIONS TOO!!!

Snap! We've also got 175 and received confirmation this morning at 4am!

We just need to sell our house now!

How about you?

:laughxmas:

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there...!!!

Huge

39.gif

on the visa... you've had one big wait!!!

Time to celebrate now...!!!

Lots of Luck with all of your plans!

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest dan&nikki
CONGRATULATIONS TOO!!!

How about you?

no - we are renting ours out....

when did you lodge your visa, ours was lodged 28/4/08....i thought that was long enough to wait...but the sense of relief now is unbelievable .

no - we are renting ours out....

when did you lodge your visa, ours was lodged 28/4/08....i thought that was long enough to wait...but the sense of relief now is unbelievable .

Lucky you!!! Wish we could rent ours out too!

The long wait is due to us having to apply twice for our visa. We originally applied for 136 class however we were having to invest money to gain extra 5 points everything was going fine - had our police checks and meds just about to invest the money when the oz gov put a hold on this visa type. So we waited and waited for a decision - this affected so many applicants. Anyway we got fed up of waiting and decided to re apply for a 175 and I sat the IELT's test to gain extra 5 points (this option wasn't available for 136). So our 175 application was lodged 8th May 08 and we received confirmation today just like you!!!

Keep us posted of when and where you're going to!

Jo x x :laugh:

17382-festive-balloons-congratulation.jpg welldone, we are feeling exactly like that at the minute so its great to hear of a good story, hopefully it will be us one day welldone x

Oh it so will be you one day!!! And when I read it on here I'll be the first to congratulate you!

All the best

Jo x:biggrinxmas:

Guest dan&nikki
Lucky you!!! Wish we could rent ours out too!

The long wait is due to us having to apply twice for our visa. We originally applied for 136 class however we were having to invest money to gain extra 5 points everything was going fine - had our police checks and meds just about to invest the money when the oz gov put a hold on this visa type. So we waited and waited for a decision - this affected so many applicants. Anyway we got fed up of waiting and decided to re apply for a 175 and I sat the IELT's test to gain extra 5 points (this option wasn't available for 136). So our 175 application was lodged 8th May 08 and we received confirmation today just like you!!!

Keep us posted of when and where you're going to!

Jo x x :laugh:

crikey - that is a bumpy road you've been on - thank goodness you are at the end of it!

we are looking at going mid-feb, going to SA.

crikey - that is a bumpy road you've been on - thank goodness you are at the end of it!

we are looking at going mid-feb, going to SA.

We've just been looking at flights for mid feb but unfortunately just to validate until the house is sold.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

:biggrinxmas:

Hi Jo!

Fantastic - know how you feel - me and hubby have waited almost 2 years too and its such a great feeling when you finally get the visa isnt it?! Good luck to you and your family in Oz - hope you have a great life out there.

Guest SGKG102
CONGRATULATIONS TOO!!!

How about you?

Congratulations.jpg

You guys.

We have had our visas since June and are just waiting to sell the house. So frustrating but I am sure the wait will be worth it.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Regards

Karen

hi there congartulations 2 you all who have received visas we also got ours today,

didnt think we would of heard back so soon we only went for meds 4 weeks ago,

Rach x x

Congratulations to you too Rach!

x x :tonguexmas:

Archived