Does the website load slowly?

Guest Tim

Hi all,

I have just had some feedback that the site runs slowly in the Uk from time to time. I am not sure why. If anyone has it running S L O W L Y can you tell me:- When does it happen during the day? and does it improve after a while?

Thankyou!

Tim

Hi all,

I have just had some feedback that the site runs slowly in the Uk from time to time. I am not sure why. If anyone has it running S L O W L Y can you tell me:- When does it happen during the day? and does it improve after a while?

Thankyou!

Tim

Ask Early :twitcy:

mally

Guest Guest9973
Hi all,

Thankyou!

Tim

It does run very slowly at times - I had put it down to the amount of traffic this forum gets.

Slow for me - 07.00 hrs to 10.00hrs roughly - perhaps when both hemispheres are logged on???:yes:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tim

The original comment to me was made by a member who is in Sydney. I don't think it is anything to do with where the members are? It is not that ping pong thing that was doing the rounds a few months ago.

Beyond that, I'm stumped.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Tim

The original comment to me was made by a member who is in Sydney. I don't think it is anything to do with where the members are? It is not that ping pong thing that was doing the rounds a few months ago.

Beyond that, I'm stumped.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

Its an overload on the server regardless of where folk are I think - just peak times, but will look further into it.

Tim

Guest guest17301

Sometimes when I click on 'new posts' it comes up webpage cannot be displayed. I have to completely log out and log back in again. Also the pages are slow to load too at times. Can't say I've taken much notice of times but thinking about it it may be mornings, I will take note and let you know. Running quite quick at the mo- 1.20pm in UK

Guest CosWeCan

I find that the site is very slow, I dont ever crash out, but have to wait a while for pages to load up....I just thought it was server problems - too small for the amount of traffic etc it gets.

Guest Mikekat

No Matter what time of day - I find it very slow to open pages on Poms in oz. Its 13.27hrs here in Wales and just as slow as when I logged on at 7.20hrs earlier. When loading I see a grey screen for quite a few seconds, before the desired page opens.

No problem with any other website, and suspected that poms in oz is very busy at all times.

Kat

Guest TheArmChairDetective
It doesnt seem to matter what time of the day I log in the pages are always very slow to load and i have fibre optic i put it down to the server used by the website

I agree with this conclusion.

Guest Letasha

Hi Tim

Yes I find the site very slow - unsure why as it never used to be even when lots of members and guests were on. When I tried to reply the page took around 30 secs to load hmmm. :GEEK:

Letasha

No Matter what time of day - I find it very slow to open pages on Poms in oz. Its 13.27hrs here in Wales and just as slow as when I logged on at 7.20hrs earlier. When loading I see a grey screen for quite a few seconds, before the desired page opens.

No problem with any other website, and suspected that poms in oz is very busy at all times.

Kat

Same thing happens to me.

Tim,

I'm having problems too and this is definitely just been for the past week to 10 days. I just timed it and 3.5 minutes to connect to home page and 1.5 minutes to open your post. rarely had problems before regardless of number of users or time of day but this has been consistent for a while.

Over to you - oh computer/web guru!

Liz

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Tim, yep same here sorry, very slow to load a post that's I've clicked on to read, but I don't find the same with PIA I think, oh god can't remember now, it's 6.30 am, so I'm going to have a look on PIA.

KP Nuts

Guest KP Nuts

No PIA is much faster.......... and had to wait to get back into this post.

Also getting into your user cp or clicking on a friend from the people logged on can be a nightmare.

KP Nuts

Guest Scardycat

Kat

Same for me, the grey screen seems to take ages. Get fed up with waiting sometimes so log off.

Archived