Going home to the UK

Guest barab

Sorry if it seems pretentious but I'm going home tomorrow.

I've been in Brisbane for two years now and it hasn't agreed with me the moment I set foot in the place.

I think Australia is under par with everything regarding the UK.

I will never be back here again,but I hope that all you people who are coming over don't have the same experience as me and actually go on to enjoy your new life down under.

I can't wait to get back to see my family and friends and be around the people I love.

If I have ever offended anyone then I'm sorry,but I hope some of you seen the humourous side to most of my posts.

Anyway,I probably won't be back on here again because I don't think I'm liked too much, all the best.

Barab.

when you get back, can you go to the Woodman Pub Bexleyheath and tie a single yellow ribbon around the tree outside for me.

Best of luck getting your life back and remember your posts, although sometimes not popular, are still valid opinions on living here.

Guest Tracy Murphy

Shame it didn't work out for you. It's not going to be for everyone and you won't be the first or last to return to the UK. Where in Brisbane did you live? Anywhere you don't recommend living? I was thinking of Wynnum so we had access to Brisbane, Gold Coast, etc.

I've not read any of your threads so can't comment on whether people dislike you or not. For those of us who are still looking to move to Brisbane, I think we would appreciate it if you did look us up from time to time to give feedback on some of our questions. Constructive criticism is always a good thing as we need to be sure we are not wearing our rose tinted glasses with something so serious as moving the other side of the world.

Good luck with your return...hope it gives you what you most desire.

Tracy xxx

Guest guest17301

Thanks for explaining Barab, I for one have been on the receiving end of some of your posts! I think it's quite natural to be negative about something if it's not for you.

No worries though, it just goes to show everyone is different and at least you tried it. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you and I hope you'll be happy back in the UK.

Good luck to you. x

Guest Tracy Murphy
when you get back, can you go to the Woodman Pub Bexleyheath and tie a single yellow ribbon around the tree outside for me.

Best of luck getting your life back and remember your posts, although sometimes not popular, are still valid opinions on living here.

OMG your tongue completely freaked me out:twitcy:

Tracy xxx

Guest earlswood

I've been in Brisbane for two years now and it hasn't agreed with me the moment I set foot in the place.

I will never be back here again,but I hope that all you people who are coming over don't have the same experience as me and actually go on to enjoy your new life down under.

I can't wait to get back to see my family and friends and be around the people I love.

If I have ever offended anyone then I'm sorry,but I hope some of you seen the humourous side to most of my posts.

Anyway,I probably won't be back on here again because I don't think I'm liked too much, all the best.

Barab.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh big boy. you stay on this forum and tell us the good and the bad when you get back to civilization mate.

Guest tony and sheena

All the best Barab.

At least you know now, better than always wondering.

Did you try more than one area, or did one do you?

Come back on and let us know how you've settled back home.

Anyway, Aldo and Brickie would miss you too much if you just left!

The very best of luck to you

Take care

Sheena

Guest Scardycat

Barab, best wishes and good luck for your future in the UK, I hope it all goes smoothly for you, I think perhaps there are more people on here who have enjoyed/agreed with your posts than you realise. I would be interested to know how you get on when you get back, so don't say good bye, just au revoir

take care and have a good flight home

regards Cat

Guest Scardycat
Good luck with the journey home. And enjoy every moment when you get back.

People are more likely to jump down your throat when they disagree rather than sing your praises when they do agree.

Good luck.

Kate

Well put Kate, wished I had thought of that:wubclub:

Good luck with the move back to the UK. Your posts are always frank and to the point, ive been on the receiving end of a few of them, but i would like to see you back. I like someones honesty, maybe it rubs me up the wrong way, maybe it doesnt, but at least i always know where you stand.

Good luck with the move back to the UK, and i know why your coming back .I love the UK, but i just wanna try something else. You've been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and are now coming back.

Best wishes, and welcolm home.

Hays

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Barab.

I think you are liked a lot.

Those that would say otherwise no longer hang around here anyway.

Barab, it's all about where your heart is. Noone has the right to dis you as you have tried and discovered that you want to move on.

Good luck to you and keep posting as no one would not want to read how things pan out for you.

Guest fabadababa

Hi Barab, I haven't seen your earlier posts but just wanted to say Good Luck with the move back to the UK. At least you gave it a go and weren't too proud to admit that it wasn't for you.

Good for you! Best wishes :spinny:

i think you should stay on this site,i dont agree with all your posts

but i think you can give a different prospective to the discussion and i for one value the opinion of people that don't like australia because it isnt for everyone and for the rest of your life you can say you gave it a good go for 2 years but its not for you now you wont regret it good luck with your home coming

ps plenty of house going cheap lmao

Guest taffy 62

Hi,

I like you:jiggy:

I also know where your coming from regarding Brisbane I feel the same way, 1 week to go and I'm leaving the place too.

I went to Victoria for the weekend caught up with all my friends and family.

I was like slipping my feet into an old comfy pair of slippers, just felt so right to be there.

I wish you all the best on your return home and have a safe flight.

Please keep in touch, its nice when you see familiar names posting on her.

Luv sue x

are you back yet?

how are the pubs? friendly barmaids? interesting characters at the bar? People talking to each other? sound of laughter?

i can't carry on, too emotional!!!:cry::cry:

Good luck to you and your family Barab, it won't matter if it's peeing down when you land ... once you step onto the tarmac .. you'll know in your heart you're home.

Safe journey ... and do come and tell us all how it's working out ... you weren't all bad lol

Ali x

Guest JoanneHattersley

Safe journey and all the best.As Aldo said, all posts are valid whether they are liked or not liked!

GOod Luck and good on ya for trying!

Archived