Hidden expenses and total costs.

Adam 005

On 15/05/2024 at 21:06, Adam 005 said:

I’d be happy with a car that’s at least 10 years younger old. I’ve never been fussed about cars. 

Having lost nearly everything including my BMW when I became ill I’m driving a 19 year old Falcon wagon with 358,000 kms on the clock.  Just back from a race meeting in Sydney and runs better now than it did at 180,000.  Cars last  here in God’s country! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2024 at 07:09, Bulya said:

Having lost nearly everything including my BMW when I became ill I’m driving a 19 year old Falcon wagon with 358,000 kms on the clock.  Just back from a race meeting in Sydney and runs better now than it did at 180,000.  Cars last  here in God’s country! 

Is there plenty of choice on the used car market in WA?

I am moving to WA after our 189 visa grant and something that has caught me out is that kids don't start school until they are 6. What was a bit of a shock and I might be wrong is that you need to pay for Kinde until they are at School. Looks like is can be subsidised based on income but was not expecting that in the early stage of moving. Much different in Scotland where kids start school around 4 - 5 years old. 

6 hours ago, StevenP said:

I am moving to WA after our 189 visa grant and something that has caught me out is that kids don't start school until they are 6. What was a bit of a shock and I might be wrong is that you need to pay for Kinde until they are at School. Looks like is can be subsidised based on income but was not expecting that in the early stage of moving. Much different in Scotland where kids start school around 4 - 5 years old. 

I think from age 5 they do something called pre primary which is probably like the UK reception class.  I think the pre primary is free, just not anything before that.  Hopefully someone will come along to confirm that.  It probably catches many off guard as kids in the UK start school at four and a half.  

11 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I think from age 5 they do something called pre primary which is probably like the UK reception class.  I think the pre primary is free, just not anything before that.  Hopefully someone will come along to confirm that.  It probably catches many off guard as kids in the UK start school at four and a half.  

Kids in the UK can start school much earlier than that. Ours started at 3 - technically they called it kindergarten at the private school they went to but they did full days got taught maths, reading, french and Spanish so I'd call that school lessons myself

18 hours ago, StevenP said:

Here in QLD , children can start full time school at 4 1/2 to 5 years old. This is prep and it's compulsary in QLD schools. I think WA may start them 6mths older.

Cal x

14 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Interesting it is funny because when I look online it is rather limited on this kind of information. Saying that I might be looking in the wrong place. My daughter will be nearer 4 when we move over so will just have to stomach the child care costs until such time. 

10 hours ago, StevenP said:

Interesting it is funny because when I look online it is rather limited on this kind of information. Saying that I might be looking in the wrong place. My daughter will be nearer 4 when we move over so will just have to stomach the child care costs until such time. 

https://cahs.health.wa.gov.au/Our-services/Community-Health/School-Health/Starting-school