How do I change my forum name?

Ausvisitor

6 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

As of 19:00 tonight I am no longer Ausvisitor I am now Ausresident.

Now how do I update my forum name? Surely that takes precedence over mundane stuff like medical, tax, driving licence and banks??? 😉

Welcome to Aus.... Pretty sure only the forum owners (admin) can change your username so i will flag your post for when they next log in.

Cal x

On 11/02/2022 at 21:50, Ausvisitor said:

As of 19:00 tonight I am no longer Ausvisitor I am now Ausresident.

Now how do I update my forum name? Surely that takes precedence over mundane stuff like medical, tax, driving licence and banks??? 😉

Woohoo! Welcome mate. Not a bad time of year to touch down (at least in Qld).

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

Day one in my escape from the UK wet weather, got drowned by a downpour at circular quay looking at the opera House... 

Not surprising:  Sydney's annual rainfall is almost double that of London and January to June are the wettest months.

1 hour ago, Skani said:

Not surprising:  Sydney's annual rainfall is almost double that of London and January to June are the wettest months.

Quite.  And unlike London, when it rains, it really rains.  Forget all the words you used for "rain" in England - drizzle, a shower, a sprinkling, mist, etc.   It's either sunny or it p***** down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/02/2022 at 07:47, Ausvisitor said:

Day one in my escape from the UK wet weather, got drowned by a downpour at circular quay looking at the opera House... 

Unfortunately due to La Nina, it is the wettest and coldest summer in Sydney for at least ten years. Apparently November 2021 was the wettest month on record. It has been a terrible summer overall, although I still managed to get sunburn a few weeks ago on one of the few hot and sunny days we had.

2 minutes ago, BeachBabe2022 said:

Unfortunately due to La Nina, it is the wettest and coldest summer in Sydney for at least ten years. Apparently November 2021 was the wettest month on record. It has been a terrible summer overall, although I still managed to get sunburn a few weeks ago on one of the few hot and sunny days we had.

We've had a lovely summer here.  😎  Max temp 24C usually 22C.  Yes we've had days when it's drizzled and heavy showers overnight but mostly lovely, warm, sunny days.  Autumn is fast approaching.

On 13/02/2022 at 08:44, Marisawright said:

The first time I saw Sydney rain, I thought it was a monsoon.  

😃

Me too.

I remember it well. November 1990 and it was absolutely torrential. Came on suddenly and cleared up just as quick. I had never seen rain like it before. I thought it was a tropical monsoon too. But no, apparently it was just standard Sydney rain ☔