the woes of england

Guest tim_the_taf

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Abdabs
Back on topic

Record rise for British Gas bills

British Gas owner Centrica says it is raising gas prices by a record 35% and electricity prices by 9%.

...This is the second increase this year, after a 15% rise in bills in January.

BBC NEWS | Business | Record rise for British Gas bills

Just seen that on the news and am just sitting here gobsmacked.

bills, bills, bills and more bills............:arghh:

I don't read the guardian, I read the Financial Times. It's a big thing called the internet,it has a lot of information on it from loads of different sources!

sorry, i thought you had quoted from the guardian website. I assumed you had read it.

Guest earlswood
Back on topic

Record rise for British Gas bills

British Gas owner Centrica says it is raising gas prices by a record 35% and electricity prices by 9%.

...This is the second increase this year, after a 15% rise in bills in January.

BBC NEWS | Business | Record rise for British Gas bills

British gas are the most expensive go to Uswitch tonight and save hundreds of pounds.

I'd rather save my £1.50 for 2 cans of Asda home brand ale and drink it all by myself.......either that or poke red hot needles in my eyes.

You will love it here then!!!

Guest Sam&Si
British gas are the most expensive go to Uswitch tonight and save hundreds of pounds.

Really? I thought we were meant to be contacting local tree surgeons to drop off free logs for our wood burning stoves. :idea:

Guest earlswood
Really? I thought we were meant to be contacting local tree surgeons to drop off free logs for our wood burning stoves. :idea:

Information was for those that live if high rise flats

Guest Sam&Si
I have been on the bloody website all day and connot switch.The website has gone down and the bloody phone number does not work what a surprise!!

Don't worry MattCath, you live in a house, just get the logs in lol

Guest Pinhead

It's not a simple as that. All the suppliers are putting up their prices by similar amounts, British Gas have just chosen to put their prices up in one go rather than in stages over the year.

Prices from gas suppliers vary over the country, British Gas are not always the most expensive.

I switched from British Gas years ago due to their abysmal service and my gas price has still more than tripled.

These gas price rises are due to the anomoly in the European gas market where the price of gas is tied to the oil price. The UK is now exposed to this more than ever due to our supplies from the North Sea no longer supplying enough for our demand.

Why don't you go the whole hog and move us all back to he 1940's !!!!!!!

We could abolish cars altogether, cook by gas light, and walk to the well to fetch our water.

WHAT ARE YOU ON?

Shhh Kevin Rudd may hear you - he is already working on his Emissions Tax plan and if you give him an idea like that he will jump at it!

Durrr....that was exactly my point. Your previous post, rather patronisingly, suggested that people get their local tree surgeons drop off logs free of charge to burn in wood-burners....My point is that not everyone is fortunate enough to live in a house, never mind one that is an area that tree surgeons actually work in.

She is right Earl, but great idea for us living in houses. I enquired about it the other week, this sort of heating is coming back we have a shop local to us selling solid fuel heaters & cookers.

Still exspensive to install

Been reading this post and the only answer I can give is we all have to adapt with the times, or go Wobern abbey and commit arry carry with the Lions.

John

Guest Pinhead
She is right Earl, but great idea for us living in houses. I enquired about it the other week, this sort of heating is coming back we have a shop local to us selling solid fuel heaters & cookers.

Still exspensive to install

Been reading this post and the only answer I can give is we all have to adapt with the times, or go Wobern abbey and commit arry carry with the Lions.

John

No John you move to a country where you need hardly any heating. Problem solved:biglaugh:

Guest Robert
No John you move to a country where you need hardly any heating. Problem solved:biglaugh:

What do you mean, not need any heating !!

We have had the heating on this week in QLD, and I even had to wear a jumper the other day. If it gets any colder I may need to go out and BUY a Jacket !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldo viewpost.gif

It least here there is no confusion as the pubs are awful inside AND out

Hey are you dissing a seventeenth century coaching inn!!!! Yeah you are actually right! people come for miles to spend far too much money on food and drink

eh???

You have just proven that you know absolutly diddly poo about Australia!!

"Tis better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove al doubt"

Well dont move to Australia then. And if you dont need power for heating then you need it for air conditioning so swings and roundabouts really.:jiggy:

Archived