the woes of england

Guest tim_the_taf

Guest cantwait
Its so wrong isnt it We sold our Ford Galaxy and bought an older Saab convertable and it will be half the road tax of the Galaxy thats just stupid like you quite rightly said its penalising people who are struggling already.:sad: We only have 2 kids at home so didnt need the people carrier anymore and are actually saving by getting the convertable which is definatly not as Green.

Yes, so true. As well as a Renault Espace we have a Merc CLK convertible. The tax will be less on the Merc.

Maybe we should all get horse and carts!!!!!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArmChairDetective
I cant believe beer that expensive blimey!!!!

Went out sunday for a pub lunch just outside of Bath, one pint of beer one glass of jacobs creek...=£7.80p:wideeyed:

Hey thats not a bad idea P.Ross lol I'd be up for that !!! Our Witherspoons sell real ale for £1.59 which we think is quite cheap!

I would gladly pay 3pounds+ to drink in a pub with atmosphere with people that converse with each other and friendly barmaids. Beats the village hall betting shops they pass as pubs here!

Forecast of a £4 pint were mentioned late last year after a poor hops crop.

who "mentioned" it? We have had the same poor crops cr4p here too. $4.20 a schooner of heavy in my local and its a pit!

Guest earlswood
Very true. If everyone followed Earlswood example of wood burning heaters it would be an environmental disaster with the amount of soot and airbourne particles produced. There is no cheap way to heat your home in the UK that is environmentally sound and sustainable unless you can grow your on biofuel in your own fields!

Pints of beer are no longer £1.50 in Wetherspoons, shows how out of touch he is!

Besides who wants to drink warm ale anyway?

Why do you lie all the time Pinhead, it,s pathetic.

pint of Pedigree £1,49, pints of Fosters, Coors Light, bottles of Budweiser, Zwyiec, Smirnoff Ice or 175ml glass of Fetzer Coldwater Creek £1.59, pints of Guinness £1.79, bottles of Bulmers £1.99, double smirnoff & red bull £2.99, Beck's Alcohol Free or J2O 0.99

The Union Rooms

Real Ales only £1.79 for Guest Ales, Greene King IPA £1.59, Marston's Pedigree £1.69 or Abbot Ale £1.79. Taste any 3 Ales for £1.79 (all third pints sold as single units)

Guest Pinhead
who "mentioned" it? We have had the same poor crops cr4p here too. $4.20 a schooner of heavy in my local and its a pit!

The guardian newspaper amongst others.

Price of a pint 'could rise 60%' | Business | guardian.co.uk

Average price of lager last November £2.50, bitter £2.20. At the time they were forecasting rises of 60% taking the price to £4.

Report on the BBC today about how many pubs are closing in the UK not only in the countryside but also the cities due to a large reduction in the number of pints sold. Too many people are buying from supermarkets and drinking at home.

Another British institution at risk?

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Ahh, you should start a home brew business and make a killing..err financially speaking:smile:

Guest Sam&Si

I still can't get over the comment about getting the tree surgeon to drop off logs. What a ridiculous thing to say, surely is a wind-up, no-one could that be naive.

Guest Pinhead

Yes but if you live in the paradise known as the cotswolds everything is wonderful. The sun always shines, there is no crime and friendly neighbourhood tree surgeons deliver logs to your door.

If only the whole of the UK was like that maybe we'd all stay.:biglaugh:

Guest earlswood
LOL the're not £1.50!

£1.79,£1.59,£1.69 is not £1.50.

Pedigree top of the list £1.49 you muppet.

Guest earlswood
The guardian newspaper amongst others.

Price of a pint 'could rise 60%' | Business | guardian.co.uk

Average price of lager last November £2.50, bitter £2.20. At the time they were forecasting rises of 60% taking the price to £4.

Report on the BBC today about how many pubs are closing in the UK not only in the countryside but also the cities due to a large reduction in the number of pints sold. Too many people are buying from supermarkets and drinking at home.

Another British institution at risk?

Wetherspoons beer £1.49 a pint or cheaper......Australia at least £5 a pint.....nuff said.

Guest Sam&Si
Yes but if you live in the paradise known as the cotswolds everything is wonderful. The sun always shines, there is no crime and friendly neighbourhood tree surgeons deliver logs to your door.

If only the whole of the UK was like that maybe we'd all stay.:biglaugh:

It's the same in Wiltshire apparently :wacko:

Guest moonraker1961

Yes it is the same in Wiltshire,I can vouch for that first hand lol.No its not perfect,but its very beautiful!I quite like that idea of someone delivery wood to my door,nothing wrong with that is there?Not everyone likes central heating!

Guest Sam&Si

I'm sure the people who live in less idyllic settings/inner cities/blocks of flats even would also love to have wood delivered.

Guest earlswood
I'm sure the people who live in less idyllic settings/inner cities/blocks of flats even would also love to have wood delivered.

Tree surgeons have to pay to dump unseasoned wood into land fill sites, they are more than happy to drop it off at your house costing them nothing.

Guest Sam&Si

I don't think you quite grasp the point. What exactly is someone, say for instance a tenant in a block of flats, going to do with a load of wood? Because they certainly can't burn it.

Guest earlswood
I don't think you quite grasp the point. What exactly is someone, say for instance a tenant in a block of flats, going to do with a load of wood? Because they certainly can't burn it.

You are kidding me...right:unsure:

Guest moonraker1961

Well I still think its a brilliant idea myself.Ok wood burning might not be that eco friendly,but what type of heating is?We had a wood burner in Scotland with a back boiler for all our hot water,and I so miss that fire.Now we central heating and its no comparison.

Guest earlswood
As per a previous post - What are you on?

Why would anyone in a flat contact tree surgeons to drop wood of at their 17th floor flat.:biglaugh:

Archived