Flights

Ausvisitor

Ok,

So looking at booking the flights now to start the new life. 

From the UK, what airlines offer decent prices to take a second suitcase? We don't need to ship anything but we won't get all our stuff into one suitcase each, but easily within 2 suitcases each.

Some airlines seem to offer a fixed fee for the next bag and others charge by the KG (at huge amounts).

What has everyone else done?

I know years ago there used to be special "immigrant" flights that came with better luggage inclusions but I've not heard of these in years

Thanks

3 hours ago, mt9754 said:

BA are good for extra baggage but they’re not flying at the mo.  Qatar and Cathay are the worst but are flying.  Take a look at sendmybag.com and similar sites, you might save yourself a fair bit.

Exactly this - we have prioritised getting there via a transit which is currently allowed, and sod the bags!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J9London said:

You could look at Emirates-economy give you 30Kg but over as many bags as you like.  How much excess baggage do you have? 

Singapore Airline offer the same as standard. Plus you will have 10KG extra per person for a migration flight. 

On 13/03/2021 at 00:26, JetBlast said:

Singapore Airline offer the same as standard. Plus you will have 10KG extra per person for a migration flight. 

Note that SIA only do this as I believe if you have not already flown in to activate your visa - it has to be your first visit after grant.