Real estate agent for Caloundra, Mooloolaba

Rthursty

58 minutes ago, Rthursty said:

Would you have any recommendations for a real estate agent in the areas of Caloundra, Mooloolaba ? Looking for a house to buy. Thanks.

It's rare these days to find a real estate agent who's willing to take a buyer under their wing and find properties for you (unless you hire them as a buyer's agent).  These days you're on your own - keep an eye on domain.com.au and realestate.com.au.

It's just possible Caloundra is small enough to still have some of those old-fashioned agents.  Just remember it's the seller who is paying their fees.

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

It's rare these days to find a real estate agent who's willing to take a buyer under their wing and find properties for you (unless you hire them as a buyer's agent).  These days you're on your own - keep an eye on domain.com.au and realestate.com.au.

It's just possible Caloundra is small enough to still have some of those old-fashioned agents.  Just remember it's the seller who is paying their fees.

It’s quite normal for real estate agents locally in Caloundra, Mooloolaba, Buderim, Sippy Downs etc area to  put you on a mailing list. Register with them telling them your requirements and they will regularly update you as new properties in your price range and requirements come on the market. Obviously you have to do the viewing, but it’s in their interests to sell as many properties as possible. My son has just bought an investment property locally  and was kept well up to date by several real estate agents, including  Ray White agents  and Pam Court.

If you go to any open house, you have to leave your details, and trust me they will keep in touch with you, with other houses for sale.

Domain is ok if you can narrow down the selection. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

They will put you on their mailing list but I know how those lists work. They’re all fully automated. The agent isn’t actively looking for properties to suit you.  It’s certainly worth contacting agents to get on their mailing lists, but it’s not worth looking for one recommended agent 

From the recent experience over the last few months of my son’s experience of house buying here on the coast, several agents actually sent texts informing him and also us, as we are in the area and could view, of new properties as soon as they came on the market. I thought that was a pretty good service, and the only emails weren’t general mailing lists of dozens of houses, they were house specific for him. eg area, cost and size.  I contacted a couple to inform them when he had purchased and received a thank you text in return. No complaints from us on the service here locally. 

Obviously it makes sense to use more than one agent.

• 4 months later...
56 minutes ago, BobHatton said:

Recommend a real estate agent? In Australia? You're kidding me right? They're all over-paid, under worked and under skilled. That's why they're real estate agents - because they can't get a job doing anything worthwhile.

Three things the world does not need:

1. Another lawyer;

2. Another guitarist, and;

3. Another real estate agent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve bought recently. It’s bedlam house buying on the coast, property literally being bought sight unseen. For Mooloolaba there’s a small independent agency called Home, which is pretty good. Also ray white Maroochydore were very responsive. If you’re looking beach suburbs maroochydore and Alex headlands are also good options and are right by Mooloolaba. My best tip is make sure you go to the first open home there is, contact agents as soon as a listing pops up.

• 4 months later...