491 English Requirement?

Gary102

9 minutes ago, Gary102 said:

What makes you say that?

That’s what my agent is currently putting me through as. 

Who is the agent? Are they MARA registered?   Paul is a highly experienced agent. If he says it won't work, it won't work, so I would be suspicious of your agent,  There's a lot of shonky ones out there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gary102 said:

Has (general) electrician been removed from the skills list? 

Hasn't been on the WA wanted skills list for several months.

A visa strategy that was contemplated at the outset of the journey often has to be altered in response to amendments to lists and points thresholds.

Best regards.

1 minute ago, Gary102 said:

Hasn’t the occupation list been altered due to COVID? 
On-shore visas are only being processed. Once they start the off-shore visas again, electricians will be added.

🤷‍♂️

WA has had a focus on heathcare only occupations for a while.

I recommend considering revisiting your visa strategy, rather than pinning your hopes on your occupation being added to the WA skilled migration list.  

My reading of the WA Premier - albeit from a distance (I'm in Victoria) - is that tradies in WA will be protected as we emerge from COVID.

Best regards.

2 hours ago, Gary102 said:

Has (general) electrician been removed from the skills list? 

It is on the Immigration Medium to Long term Occupation List, but Electrician has not been on the Western Australian occupation list for a long time. 

As others have stated, the Western Australian list is focused on medical occupations. This has been the case before COVID.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gary102 said:

Hasn’t the occupation list been altered due to COVID? 
On-shore visas are only being processed. Once they start the off-shore visas again, electricians will be added.

🤷‍♂️

Will be added or you hope they will be added?  Two very different things. You now have had three very experienced agents on here tell you that’s far from certain.  Nothing wrong is hoping it will happen but it sounds far from certain. Your ‘agent’ has much to answer for as it sounds like they’ve got you excited and lead you towards something that doesn’t exist. 

17 minutes ago, Gary102 said:

I did my skilled assessment in March and there were other guys doing the exam planning on moving to WA. 
Did electricians get removed after March?

I feel like I’ve been strung along. 

As others have said, this has been the case for a lot longer than March. Others may have been looking at different visas. 

1 hour ago, Gary102 said:

I did my skilled assessment in March and there were other guys doing the exam planning on moving to WA. 
Did electricians get removed after March?

I feel like I’ve been strung along. 

It's looking like you were taken on an expensive wild goose chase ride by your 'agent', mon ami 😞

Edited by Canada2Australia

The simple fact is that passing a skills assessment is in itself irrelevant to migration. Not passing it is a death-nail, but passing it only means that you have the required skill to do the job in Australia, not that they want people to do the job or that a job exists.

Same true of the English test, passing it proves you are good enough at English, not that you have a place in Australia.

VetAssess etc do not check that the career you are being assessed for is on the migration list, that's your job, they just check that you know your stuff well enough

Go back to your agent and ask them what they propose you do next. WA has not been offering places (if you are not in WA already or a medic) for absolutely ages. Its the main reason we settled on NSW, as we couldn't decide between the two, but NSW wanted us and WA didn't want anyone with my skills