Any offshore 190 been granted recently?

4 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

We are still waiting, applied 24/01/2020

fingers crosses for good news soon. 

Haven’t seen any recent grants for us offshore though. 

Has your application moved from "received"?

Good luck, hopefully now that the new financial year has started, things will get moving. 

4 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

I have no idea, the agent has the log in details so we can’t check. 
I hope your right. I don’t mind not being able to travel, it’s the not knowing when the grant is coming that’s a killer! 

In the same boat not knowing is so frustrating 

On 09/07/2020 at 07:41, DukeNinja said:

Just curious if offshore 190s are still being processed, since the "processing time" has been dropping considerably...

Hey, A Philippine RN reported her 190 QLD (offshore) grant few days back on a 190 waiting whatsapp group. She lodged her application in Dec, 2019. So, that means DHA is still processing offshore applications but the grants can be delayed. Also, it might be that they are prioritizing/handpicking applications of Healthcare Professionals owing to Covid. 
I'm an offshore RN too, lodged my 190-VIC application in March, 2020. No updated yet. 🤞

• Thanks 1

I’m in the same boat, applied start of Dec for NSW 190, not heard anything. I’m glad we didn’t front load the HC & PC’s now, as I’m on month 7 without a case officer assigned.

This could be a long road, I just hope everything is going to be ok with the applications.

Edited by Joe/Rose

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 19:36, Joe/Rose said:

I’m in the same boat, applied start of Dec for NSW 190, not heard anything. I’m glad we didn’t front load the HC & PC’s now, as I’m on month 7 without a case officer assigned.

This could be a long road, I just hope everything is going to be ok with the applications.

Hi Joe/Rose,

Do you think if we have front loaded the HC & PC's , will DHA ask for them again if these documents expire before they process our application... I thought once we have submitted they will not do that..

Thank you

Alan 

3 hours ago, Alan2020 said:

Hi Joe/Rose,

Do you think if we have front loaded the HC & PC's , will DHA ask for them again if these documents expire before they process our application... I thought once we have submitted they will not do that..

Thank you

Alan 

Yes they will. 

On 09/07/2020 at 07:41, DukeNinja said:

Just curious if offshore 190s are still being processed, since the "processing time" has been dropping considerably...

There was a FOI released by DHA & shared by someone (yesterday) on a telegram 190 waiting group which shows the number of offshore grants for 189/190 for each month starting Jan till June, 2020. For the month of June, there have been 44 offshore grants for 190 & 32 grants for 189. This includes both primary & secondary applicants. And Guess what, fun fact is we were unaware of any offshore grants post covid since none of these folks are on any sort of forums/trackers hence unreported in the public eye. 

So there have been offshore grants in the last 2-3 months as shown in the FOI.  May be july (till date) has got it's share of grants too. I hope this info helps!

3 hours ago, Alan2020 said:

Hi Joe/Rose,

Thank you

Alan 

It actually depends on the Case Officer (CO). Some ask; some don't. So, you just have to wait and if asked, then re do PCC & Medicals.

23 hours ago, DukeNinja said:

The updated processing time of the 20th of July (for the month of June) still reflect processing of 90% of applications within 6 months.

We applied on 24th jan for Qld, front loaded all paperwork, so far we haven’t heard anything. 
What are people’s thoughts on when offshore grants will resume ? 

We are in a similar position, Qld 190 albeit end of 2019. We were anticipating a grant around May. Also desperate to fly out, not wanting children to go back to school September. Our agents, who have been very good too don't provide updates and we are in the "don't call us, we'll call you bracket", so always feel in the dark. But they have been brilliant to get us this far. We also front loaded, which I'm happy with, imagine being asked for medicals now, and then been shoved to the back of the queue which I've heard in some cases (normal times) have added 3 months! If you not desperate to fly out and tight with budget it could make sense to wait for case officer. Another thing worth noting is that no case office contact does not imply you are not being looked at and may just receive the grant off the bat. Missing documents, not front loaded on the other hand may tell you how far you are from visa grant as you need case officer contact. We have been told to ignore the processing times for 190. They are cherry picking and processing onshore which I have seen June invites processed in 3 weeks, this distorts the percentile. Say there are a 1000 invites onshore and offshore over a 7 month period if 900 are onshore we are the 10% that are not going to effect their beloved stats. And will be processed in their own time. Two things, they are still processing pr visa's which is brilliant as we can fly but priority is low. Onshore visas pr are being dealt with and June no more invites were given, that means they will have to start looking at us shortly. The timframe will probably jump to 10 months as we are the remaining unprocessed 190s and then would queue as normal. This is extremely difficult and we are pissed everyday we wake up, but still hopeful it happens sooner rather than later. Also we are extremely lucky to get a 190, and especially for Qld (our first choice) as immigration for new people may just become impossible and pr off the bat a thing of the past! 

5 hours ago, Southlander said:

We are in a similar position, Qld 190 albeit end of 2019. We were anticipating a grant around May. Also desperate to fly out, not wanting children to go back to school September. Our agents, who have been very good too don't provide updates and we are in the "don't call us, we'll call you bracket", so always feel in the dark. But they have been brilliant to get us this far. We also front loaded, which I'm happy with, imagine being asked for medicals now, and then been shoved to the back of the queue which I've heard in some cases (normal times) have added 3 months! If you not desperate to fly out and tight with budget it could make sense to wait for case officer. Another thing worth noting is that no case office contact does not imply you are not being looked at and may just receive the grant off the bat. Missing documents, not front loaded on the other hand may tell you how far you are from visa grant as you need case officer contact. We have been told to ignore the processing times for 190. They are cherry picking and processing onshore which I have seen June invites processed in 3 weeks, this distorts the percentile. Say there are a 1000 invites onshore and offshore over a 7 month period if 900 are onshore we are the 10% that are not going to effect their beloved stats. And will be processed in their own time. Two things, they are still processing pr visa's which is brilliant as we can fly but priority is low. Onshore visas pr are being dealt with and June no more invites were given, that means they will have to start looking at us shortly. The timframe will probably jump to 10 months as we are the remaining unprocessed 190s and then would queue as normal. This is extremely difficult and we are pissed everyday we wake up, but still hopeful it happens sooner rather than later. Also we are extremely lucky to get a 190, and especially for Qld (our first choice) as immigration for new people may just become impossible and pr off the bat a thing of the past! 

I agree! Very lucky. 
Just me being impatient, the nerves will be gone once we get granted! 

I’m no professional or forum made agent 😀... but from reading between the lines, I honestly think for those who are off-shore, in both white & blue collar professions that are not directly linked to an area of need, we are going to be waiting along time. Please see this link on SBS website; https://www.sbs.com.au/language/eng...-for-temporary-visa-holders-from-january-2021

6 hours ago, Southlander said:

I agree with what you’ve said here. I don’t want to be negative at all, only realistic;

I can only think that we, who have been invited and have got to the position of application stage, are very lucky as, I really can’t see the PR Visa’s being handed out in the numbers they have been for the years previous, for a long time.
From what I have read, they are going to use this event as a way of changing the system & requirements of the labour force & usher in a new system that’s far more reactive to what’s actually needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe/Rose said:

I agree with what you’ve said here. I don’t want to be negative at all, only realistic;

I can only think that we, who have been invited and have got to the position of application stage, are very lucky as, I really can’t see the PR Visa’s being handed out in the numbers they have been for the years previous, for a long time.
From what I have read, they are going to use this event as a way of changing the system & requirements of the labour force & usher in a new system that’s far more reactive to what’s actually needed.

I agree with all comments, and hopeful things will move forward for us. Apparently the person interviewed is bitter with the government and other commentators have posted saying ignore anything that he is a says, that being said they are clearly halting offshore. We are sponsored by the states on 190 visa, which should equate to necessary skills not necessarily critical, but needed. I also don't believe there is any official line from  gov saying that offshore visas are not being processed.  What I think is they may resume invites again October onward but is already in the queue are in a different boat. Also it would make sense to grant our pr as we can fulfil our quarunttine before the rest of the students arrive in their droves. Our agent still says delayed but not stopped, so going to have to trust their advice... Here's to another sleepless night 😂

• Like 2