I am student and fall pregnant

Reahh

Hi everyone, I ‘m new to this forum, I am on my student visa and fall pregnant from the Australian guy I have been dating for more than a year, our relationship has not been officially labeled, but when I told I am pregnant he was happy and been supportive since the first day, but my Pregnancy due date is on December- January and my visa will be finishing on November, but I still have supposed to renew because my course will be extended due to this crisis, I am not sure if I will be able to get a new visa to continue my study if shown I am pregnant in my medical— we haven’t talk about being together coz I still live in my apartment— I am not sure how he wants to be involved with us, and I am too awkward too ask coz I don’t want him to over stress and could think that I am using my pregnancy to ask more things to what he is giving to me— I need you thoughts and advice, what should I tell him and ask him? 

You’ve been dating him for more than a year but you’re not officially in a relationship? I must be getting old. You need to talk to him about the pregnancy. You need to ask him to be very honest about what this news means to him and what you mean to him. Assume you will be returning to your home country after your studies, how do you/he think the parenting will work then. Lots to discuss together.  You say you haven’t even talked about being together, was baby planned? You need to know what his intentions are as you need to plan. If he’s onboard then great but if not and you’re on you’re own, the sooner you know the better. You say since you told him he’s been happy and supportive, not sure why the conversation is so hard then.  I’ve no idea what effect this will have on your studies or extending a student visa. 

• Like 1

You might actually think about returning home before the baby is born - just having a baby with an Australian doesnt mean that you will be able to stay after the baby is born especially if you arent able to continue studying and being a single woman in a foreign country without support is going to be incredibly difficult.  You are going to struggle to finish your studies I should think and it might be wise to pull the plug now - end of this semester perhaps - while you are still able to travel without the pregnancy being an issue.  But, definitely, it took two of you to make this baby, the decisions should be jointly made.

• Like 2

On 30/04/2020 at 08:31, Reahh said:

I am on my student visa and fall pregnant from the Australian guy... I am not sure how he wants to be involved with us, and I am too awkward too ask coz I don’t want him to over stress and could think that I am using my pregnancy to ask more things to what he is giving to me— I need you thoughts and advice, what should I tell him and ask him? 

I do not know how it affects your student visa, but it is important you understand the situation.

If the baby is born in Australia, it is Australian because its father is Australian.  However having an Australian baby does not give you any rights at all.  There is no special visa for foregin mothers of Australian babies.  You cannot even take the baby to your home country without the Australian father's permission.  If he will not give permission when your course finishes, you will be sent home without your baby.

Based on what you say, you are still just dating, so you will not qualify for a partner visa.  You could get a visa if he will agree to marry you, but it doesn't sound as though he is ready for that.  I think you should get advice from a good migration agent.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2020 at 18:53, Marisawright said:

I do not know how it affects your student visa, but it is important you understand the situation.

If the baby is born in Australia, it is Australian because its father is Australian.  However having an Australian baby does not give you any rights at all.  There is no special visa for foregin mothers of Australian babies.  You cannot even take the baby to your home country without the Australian father's permission.  If he will not give permission when your course finishes, you will be sent home without your baby.

Based on what you say, you are still just dating, so you will not qualify for a partner visa.  You could get a visa if he will agree to marry you, but it doesn't sound as though he is ready for that.  I think you should get advice from a good migration agent.

Has the Australian government ever forced a mother out of the country away from her new born baby ?

It sounds good in theory but i sincerely doubt it has happened. Unless you can provide a link of course and then I might believe it.

5 hours ago, Parley said:

Has the Australian government ever forced a mother out of the country away from her new born baby ?

It sounds good in theory but i sincerely doubt it has happened. Unless you can provide a link of course and then I might believe it.

Well, legally they're entitled to do so, so personally I wouldn't want to take the risk

• Like 1