AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

2 hours ago, Ken said:

11 months from application to ceremony is back to pre-covid timescales. Excellent news for everyone (assuming your timescale is the average and not an outlier).

That's better than pre-covid I was 18 months and that was pretty good for a ceremony late 2019 / early 2020, most were over 24 months at that point

On 29/05/2022 at 14:45, VIC-WAIT-GAME (NO WAY HOME) said:

Could someone please suggest if online passport application is better or paper application? 
Which one is less time consuming?
And how long is it taking to get the new passport these days? (Passport office says allow up to 6 weeks)

Thanks

ABC news report today says that there's a backlog at the passport office. Renewals are taking 6 weeks and new passports and child passports are taking longer.

Lengthy passport delays cause anguish for expectant travellers - ABC News

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken said:

ABC news report today says that there's a backlog at the passport office. Renewals are taking 6 weeks and new passports and child passports are taking longer.

Lengthy passport delays cause anguish for expectant travellers - ABC News

Thanks for your response. 
I saw that today. Someone waiting for over 10 weeks for the passport in QLD. 
It is going to be a busy/messy/crazy end of year.

6 hours ago, Jesscoop82 said:

Hi everyone 

any updates on Brimbank VIC council 

We have applied last year June 2021. 

will appreciate any feedback. 

thank you in anticipation 

regards 

Victorian applications from May 2021 are currently receiving appointments for interview and citizenship test. Two people from Brimbank council who applied on 9 and 11 May 2021 received their invites on 25 May 2022. So, you should expect an invite in the next few weeks. 

2 hours ago, Kiwifruit said:

Victorian applications from May 2021 are currently receiving appointments for interview and citizenship test. Two people from Brimbank council who applied on 9 and 11 May 2021 received their invites on 25 May 2022. So, you should expect an invite in the next few weeks. 

Thank you for sharing the information.

hoping  to hear soon … fingers crossed 

On 29/05/2022 at 14:45, VIC-WAIT-GAME (NO WAY HOME) said:

Could someone please suggest if online passport application is better or paper application? 
Which one is less time consuming?
And how long is it taking to get the new passport these days? (Passport office says allow up to 6 weeks)

Thanks

I have been waiting for the passport for 7 weeks...checking online the website still say 'under assessment'

Application can be created online but eventually you still have to go to Auspost to lodge your application.

10 hours ago, Jesscoop82 said:

Hi everyone 

regards 

Hi , let me know when you receive the invite for the test.

I applied in August 2021, waiting…

Regards

On 25/05/2022 at 11:41, suhailayaan@aim.com said:

Hi, 

We applied for Citizenship in Aug 2021. We are in Dandenong, Victoria

Anyone, from Victoria or Dandenong with same wait time, please advise. Those who got their interview and citizenship done from Victoria recently, please share your timeline. Thanks

I also applied in Aug 2021, Casey, Victoria.

Yet to receive any invite. Do let me know if you receive the invite for test.

Regards

On 06/06/2022 at 22:58, microstarba said:

I have been waiting for the passport for 7 weeks...checking online the website still say 'under assessment'

Application can be created online but eventually you still have to go to Auspost to lodge your application.

hey @microstarba, good to hear from you. I thought you must have received the passport by now. wow, 7 weeks... I saw news on 7news today, long queues outside passport office in Melbourne, more than 100m long. This is insane. It just tells how desperately people are trying to get hold of a passport. It is going to be very difficult to get a passport I guess. Previously the pressure was on the department to process the citizenship applications, then on the councils to organise the ceremonies and now the passport office is under pressure. 

I am still waiting for the ceremony. Hopefully I will hear something soon. But these queues outside the passport office have really got me wondering what will happen as we head towards the end of year. This is only June and the passport office is this busy. I believe the backlog will only get worse as new citizens continue to apply for the passport.

On 06/06/2022 at 22:58, microstarba said:

Can I know how to check the passport status online? If applied via post office in paper form

Hello everyone, 

I have been with this forum from last 5 years. 

My citizenship file just open. 

Apllied : 12 June 2021, Melbourne

Open : 8 june 2021 

Test date and interview : 6 July 2022 

Council :- whitllesea council, Victoria

Hello everyone, 

I have been with this forum from last 5 years. 

My citizenship file just open. 

Apllied : 12 June 2021, Melbourne

Open : 8 june 2022

Test date and interview : 6 July 2022 

Council :- whitllesea council, Victoria

On 06/06/2022 at 12:30, Jesscoop82 said:

Hi everyone 

regards 

Hello everyone, 

Received test invite today  

Applied : 12 June 2021, Melbourne

Test date and interview : 8 July 2022 

Council :- Brimbank council, Victoria

21 hours ago, abey1 said:

Can I know how to check the passport status online? If applied via post office in paper form

I created the application online and lodged in person at Auspost. I can check the status of the application at https://www.passports.gov.au/

I think you can always call up the passport office to check the status using the reference number (and expects 1.5-2.0 hour wait time)

13 minutes ago, Bradley1986 said:

Does anyone know an estimated timeline from approval to ceremony in Melbourne? 

• Applied 23 Feb 21
  • Test 13 May 22
  • Approval 09 June 22

Hi mate,

What is your local council ??

I got approved mine on 15th March 2022 and still waiting for ceremony invite from Casey City Council .

Thanks.