AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 10/06/2022 at 11:13, Bradley1986 said:

Does anyone know an estimated timeline from approval to ceremony in Melbourne? 

• Applied 23 Feb 21
  • Test 13 May 22
  • Approval 09 June 22

Hi Bradley, 

Do you mind sharing what is the reason to delay of approval after test? 
I am in same situation, waiting for approval after my test. But most of the applications get approved within same day or next day after test. 

10 hours ago, deepaknurse said:

Applied- 25 June 2021

Test Invitation Received - 09 June 2022

Test- 14 June 2022

Council- Whittlesea

You received test invitation on 9th June and test Date 14th June ? They gave only 4 days for test or you rescheduled test Date ?

On 11/04/2022 at 07:47, MLB_Applicant said:

Total number of people waiting for ceremony in wyndham council as on 27th Jan 2022 888 (as per recent FOI ).  We don't have information about waiting people after 28th Jan 2022. Total number of ceremonies conducted on 10th April 2022  was 540. I think roughly around 1000 people are in waiting state as on today(11th April 2022).

0C7D48C2-F950-4198-9768-F352991FC403.png

Hi

Would like to have some understanding

1. If yet to receive test invitation but due to some urgency, need to fly out of Australia, can we fly out?

2. If we got the approval but still waiting for the ceremony, are we able to fly out of Australia for a short holiday about a month plus?

12 hours ago, SSY said:

Hi

Would like to have some understanding

1. If yet to receive test invitation but due to some urgency, need to fly out of Australia, can we fly out?

2. If we got the approval but still waiting for the ceremony, are we able to fly out of Australia for a short holiday about a month plus?

1. Yes, you can fly out. However, you are supposed to notify DHA of your travel dates and you won't receive a test invite while you are overseas. If you are planning to be away for a short period of time I would not tell them. I missed my turn in the queue because I did and they didn't send me an invite until 3 weeks after I got back. 

2. You can definitely fly out after being approved. If you receive a ceremony invite and you can't attend you can contact your Council or DHA to postpone the date if necessary. You just need to make sure that you attend a ceremony within a year of approval or it can be cancelled. 

On 11/06/2022 at 15:06, sazid.au said:

Hi Bradley, 

Do you mind sharing what is the reason to delay of approval after test? 
I am in same situation, waiting for approval after my test. But most of the applications get approved within same day or next day after test. 

I needed to supply another police check as mine had expired.

On 13/06/2022 at 08:06, Kiwifruit said:

1. Yes, you can fly out. However, you are supposed to notify DHA of your travel dates and you won't receive a test invite while you are overseas. If you are planning to be away for a short period of time I would not tell them. I missed my turn in the queue because I did and they didn't send me an invite until 3 weeks after I got back. 

2. You can definitely fly out after being approved. If you receive a ceremony invite and you can't attend you can contact your Council or DHA to postpone the date if necessary. You just need to make sure that you attend a ceremony within a year of approval or it can be cancelled. 

Thanks for the information

Hi everyone 

seeking expert opinion on the following concern:

while citizenship application my son was under 16 years of age and now we have received test invite and he is over 16 years of age. 

Do I need to inform DHA regarding this or is it obvious, no exam or obligation on his part?

1 hour ago, SSY said:

Hi

is police check one of the documentation to submit?

I do not recall having to do so during the application

It depends upon whether or not you've been overseas. If you have been since you got your PR and spent more that a certain time in one country (I forget how long) you'll have been asked for an overseas police check from that country as part of the application. I needed a UK police check as I lived in the UK for another 3 years after getting PR. You don't need to submit an Australian police check. They run those for all applicants automatically.

Edited by Ken

2 hours ago, Ken said:

It depends upon whether or not you've been overseas. If you have been since you got your PR and spent more that a certain time in one country (I forget how long) you'll have been asked for an overseas police check from that country as part of the application. I needed a UK police check as I lived in the UK for another 3 years after getting PR. You don't need to submit an Australian police check. They run those for all applicants automatically.

Thanks.

I will assume the total time they meant is for a single trip and not a few trips over a few years.

3 hours ago, Jesscoop82 said:

Hi everyone 

seeking expert opinion on the following concern:

while citizenship application my son was under 16 years of age and now we have received test invite and he is over 16 years of age. 

Do I need to inform DHA regarding this or is it obvious, no exam or obligation on his part?

Hi

i will be in the same position when I eventually receive my test invite.

If you have any information on this, let us know.

I will inform too if I have information.

8 hours ago, Yameen said:

Hi All,

I have citizenship test after two weeks in Melbourne. Can any body guide on which documents do they check prior to letting you sit for the test? Thanks

It depends on the officer but in general they ask for your passport, drivers licence and birth certificate. Some ask for your Medicare card and a recent bill to check your address. You should take with you all the documents you uploaded with your application because they can ask for any of them (Identity form, police certificate, etc.).

6 hours ago, R-M said:

Anyone From Hume Council got invited for Ceremony?

Your friends or Family? anyone you know of have recently got invited for ceremony in July?

Kinley share details please

Thanks

If its Hume City Council, according to the information available on Immi tracker, someone who applied in March 2020, took the test in March 2021 and got approved in April 2021. They attended online ceremony in October 2021 (6 months after the approval) - 19 months from submission to ceremony. 
backlog backlog and lots of backlog - no idea when things will go back to real-normal. 
To the best of my knowledge, the department and all the councils are working to their full capacity. 

As far as I know you should hear about the ceremony at least 1 month in advance. 

Find attached the upcoming ceremonies in this area (you might already have this information) -  don't know if the above information applies to you but things have geared up since then:

821041022_ScreenShot2022-06-16at3_59_00pm.thumb.png.cb01383588f0cd66bb97063aabbffb32.png

On 11/06/2022 at 00:52, Arsa0107 said:

No ..we are waiting for ceremony invitation 

test date and approved on March 4th 2021.

3000+ people waiting for ceremony in Wyndham 

Yes - I have my ceremony on 26th June, was approved 21st Feb. I’d imagine you will get into the July ceremony given you was only a few weeks behind me. 

• Congratulations 1

3 hours ago, benthomas010 said:

Yes - I have my ceremony on 26th June, was approved 21st Feb. I’d imagine you will get into the July ceremony given you was only a few weeks behind me. 

Thank you for updating ,  as well as please update how many people Oath on  26th June after your ceremony, mayor will announce on that day in his speech how many people become a new Australian citizens . 

Edited by Arsa0107
  • Like 1