End of the Road for 'Masterchef'

starlight7

Its a fix anyway. You can pick the judge's favourites quite early on and then you know, whatever they stuff up and however split their ice cream may be, they will be the winner. And of course being female, not to mention  young and constantly reminding everyone of the fact, also helps......

Whether new judges can save the show, I'm not sure

Edited by Nemesis

3 hours ago, SteveandKirsty said:

I did find it strange that Channel 10 managed to totally overshadow the grand final of one of their own flagship shows!  Suddenly few were interested in Larissa, who was the youngest ever winner.

Which could be partly why they did it. The social media outcry about how it was a fix is pretty strong. She had been coached in many rounds, allowed to get away with some huge errors, and the judges had all clearly favoured her from day one. 

23 hours ago, Bulya said:

Channel 10 are renaming it to MasterTheft, and there will be a change of judges for 2020.  Apparently the current panel refused to work an 80 hour week, for $12 an hour.. 

I had no idea who Calombaris was until all the stuff about him appeared in the media re underpaying his staff.

9 minutes ago, Toots said:

I had no idea who Calombaris was until all the stuff about him appeared in the media re underpaying his staff.

Have to say that we had a lovely meal at his restaurant (one of our most expensive ones too), was appalled to find he'd been underpaying his staff.  I do wonder if the charges effected business - I don't think we'd have gone knowing that.

Have to say that we had a lovely meal at his restaurant (one of our most expensive ones too), was appalled to find he'd been underpaying his staff.  I do wonder if the charges effected business - I don't think we'd have gone knowing that.

Yes we went his Press Club, Melbourne for a degustation meal 18 months ago and hands down I think it was the best food I have ever eaten. He has just closed this restaurant and a new one is being opened, I think it’s called Elektra or something like that but don’t think it’s going to be fine dining like The Press Club.

10 hours ago, themaccas said:

Yes we went his Press Club, Melbourne for a degustation meal 18 months ago and hands down I think it was the best food I have ever eaten. He has just closed this restaurant and a new one is being opened, I think it’s called Elektra or something like that but don’t think it’s going to be fine dining like The Press Club.

Agree - probably the best meal and experience we've had also (we were there 4 hours).

On 23/07/2019 at 20:56, starlight7 said:

Have to say my only reaction was,"good" but maybe I am out of touch here?? I think it has gone on about 5 years too long.

What makes you think it is the end of Masterchef ?

Do you think the show can't go on without those hosts ?

As I said previously Masterchef never interested me BUT I am really enjoying The Repair Shop.  Expert craftsmen pool their talents and resources to restore heirlooms and treasured antiques such as music boxes, vases and clocks to prove that anything can be restored to their former glory.  Love it!  👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toots said:

As I said previously Masterchef never interested me BUT I am really enjoying The Repair Shop.  Expert craftsmen pool their talents and resources to restore heirlooms and treasured antiques such as music boxes, vases and clocks to prove that anything can be restored to their former glory.  Love it!  👍

Saw half an episode recently.  Looked OK