Non Pro-Rata 189 & 190 Invites. Share your experience, EOI, Invite dates, CO experience & Points.

Sarz

Hi All, 

Starting this topic so all of us Non Pro-Rata crew can get together and share our experiences.  It seems like the Pro-rate nonsense is hogging up all the invites and the rest of us are getting sidetracked.

We applied through an agent, Upped the points in June and applied again for 

ANZCO: 241411 

- 70 + 5(State) points for 190 Visa  - We opted for VIC

- 70 for 189 Visa 

For 190 Visa we had to be registered with VIT (VIC institute of teaching) on top of AITSL assessment which is very costly, not to mention multiple ILTES  & PTE test in the effort of improving scores. This is proving to be a very expensive exercise. 

Hopefully, it's all worth it at the end with our move to Melbourne. 

Keen to know your experience, please share. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarz said:

Hi All, 

Starting this topic so all of us Non Pro-Rata crew can get together and share our experiences.  It seems like the Pro-rate nonsense is hogging up all the invites and the rest of us are getting sidetracked.

- 70 for 189 Visa 

For 190 Visa we had to be registered with VIT (VIC institute of teaching) on top of AITSL assessment which is very costly, not to mention multiple ILTES  & PTE test in the effort of improving scores. This is proving to be a very expensive exercise. 

Hi Sarz

I submitted my 190 visa application for SA at the end of April this year with 65points as a metal fabricator.

Didnt use an agent just used the help of the good people of this forum.

Decided to go with 190 visa as I missed out on the full 20points of IELTS twice by 0.5 of a mark.

It took me 4weeks to receive an invite off SA around the end of Feb but I think SA are a lot quicker than VIC.

Not in a major rush and hoping to move next summer.

Mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarz said:

Hi All, 

- 70 for 189 Visa 

Yes it is a costly exercise but we all do it because we have a desire to go live somewhere beautiful so should not look at the money side of things( but do agree, it stings ).  We submitted our EOI in Jan and got our invite in middle Feb, NSW 190 for 232112 and visa application approved by mid March. However, it seems since the elections the waiting times to get either contact form a case office or a direct grant has doubled so most can now expect to wait around 6 - 8 months for contact from a CO. 

Advanced issues found

18 hours ago, Lavers said:

Hi Sarz

I submitted my 190 visa application for SA at the end of April this year with 65points as a metal fabricator.

Didnt use an agent just used the help of the good people of this forum.

Decided to go with 190 visa as I missed out on the full 20points of IELTS twice by 0.5 of a mark.

It took me 4weeks to receive an invite off SA around the end of Feb but I think SA are a lot quicker than VIC.

Not in a major rush and hoping to move next summer.

Mark

That's Awesome Mark. My congratulations!

I didn't know SA was quicker.

And thanks for sharing your experience. It will be helpful for others looking for some guidance in your field

Advanced issues found

17 hours ago, JohnDoug said:

Yes it is a costly exercise but we all do it because we have a desire to go live somewhere beautiful so should not look at the money side of things( but do agree, it stings ).  We submitted our EOI in Jan and got our invite in middle Feb, NSW 190 for 232112 and visa application approved by mid March. However, it seems since the elections the waiting times to get either contact form a case office or a direct grant has doubled so most can now expect to wait around 6 - 8 months for contact from a CO. 

Hi John, 

It sure stings with Agent fees, medicals, Police checks, AITSL Assesment and VIT registration(in our case)English language tests and fees to visa applications. 

Totally agree with you though we do this to find a better life. 

Many congratulations to you for a successful application as well. If you don't mind sharing, What were your points, please?

Thanks for sharing your experience. It will be helpful to others looking for guidance in your field. 

On 22/07/2019 at 06:33, Sarz said:

Hi All, 

- 70 for 189 Visa 

For 190 Visa we had to be registered with VIT (VIC institute of teaching) on top of AITSL assessment which is very costly, not to mention multiple ILTES  & PTE test in the effort of improving scores. 

Hi Sarz, 

My points are 70 (including state sponsorship) 

Occupation is Registered nurse, surgical

Applied for 190 to Victoria on 30/05/2019

No CO contact so far. 

If you talk about cost, here's one - I had to pay for bridging program in order to get registered in Australia which was $16000 AUD on top of other costs 🙂

Good luck to everyone 

Edited by Martina
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sarz said:

Hi John, 

It sure stings with Agent fees, medicals, Police checks, AITSL Assesment and VIT registration(in our case)English language tests and fees to visa applications. 

Totally agree with you though we do this to find a better life. 

Many congratulations to you for a successful application as well. If you don't mind sharing, What were your points, please?

Thanks for sharing your experience. It will be helpful to others looking for guidance in your field. 

Hi Sarz,

Our points were:

Anzsco: 232112

70 + 5 , 190 NSW

70 for 189 but only received an invite for 190.

Best of luck to you and hope all goes well.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

here is our timeline, family of 5. Husband main applicant ANZSCO 322313 (Welder First Class)

28/11/17 - VETASSESS skills assessment part 1 lodged
22/12/17 - VETASSESS skills assessment positive result received 
18/04/18 - VETASSESS Technical Interview 
21/04/18 - IELTS Exam 
04/05/2018 - IELTS Results - L7.5, R8.0, W8.0, S8.0 Overall 8.0
22/05/18 - VETASSESS - AQF Cert 3 received 

22/05/18 - EOI Lodged 190 NSW
25/05/18 - Invited for nomination 
29/05/18 - Approval of state nomination + Invite to apply
19/06/18 - 190 NSW lodged
12/10/18 - CO contact for form 80
05/04/19 - CO contact for additional info on form 1229

Still waiting on grant, over 13 months now 😭🤯

45 minutes ago, Emma_M said:

Hi everyone,

here is our timeline, family of 5. Husband main applicant ANZSCO 322313 (Welder First Class)

21/04/18 - IELTS Exam 

Surely it cant be much longer...when are you planning on doing your medicals again?

1 hour ago, Lavers said:

Surely it cant be much longer...when are you planning on doing your medicals again?

Our agent has advised us to wait until the medicals and police checks are requested again, so no doubt that’s another prolonged wait, have you had any contact yet or are you hoping for a direct grant?

13 minutes ago, Emma_M said:

Our agent has advised us to wait until the medicals and police checks are requested again, so no doubt that’s another prolonged wait, have you had any contact yet or are you hoping for a direct grant?

No nothing yet but its only been 3 months, I didn't front load and im glad I didn't now with whats happened to you.

Did you pass your medicals and police checks? if so surely you will get an invite, just mad seeing as how fast everything went at the start for you.

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

On 24/07/2019 at 06:24, leighmarsh151084 said:

Hi all.

190 South Australia

EOI on 15/11/18

Invite 11/12/18

Visa lodged 17/12/18

Direct grant 02/7/19

General Electrician.

Move cube booked 29/08/19

Flights booked 03/11/19

Family of 5

Congratulations to Marsh family! 
Many thanks for sharing your experience. It will be helpful for others looking for some guidance in your field.

Cheers Sarz

Advanced issues found

On 23/07/2019 at 16:28, Martina said:

Hi Sarz, 

My points are 70 (including state sponsorship) 

Occupation is Registered nurse, surgical

Applied for 190 to Victoria on 30/05/2019

No CO contact so far. 

If you talk about cost, here's one - I had to pay for bridging program in order to get registered in Australia which was $16000 AUD on top of other costs 🙂

Good luck to everyone 

Good Luck to you too Martina!

18 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Hi everyone,

21/04/18 - IELTS Exam 

Good luck Emma!  I hope you dont have to waite much longer.

Thank you for sharing your experience

20 hours ago, Lavers said:

No nothing yet but its only been 3 months, I didn't front load and im glad I didn't now with whats happened to you.

Did you pass your medicals and police checks? if so surely you will get an invite, just mad seeing as how fast everything went at the start for you.

Yes passed medicals and police checks but they’ve expired now so will have to have them both redone, think the agent mentioned something about having a refresh on the medicals so it doesn’t cost as much, but not entirely sure. Just need to wait and see. It is so frustrating considering how quickly things progresses at the beginning. Any news and I’ll be sure to post and let you all know 😊

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I submitted an EOI on 12/08/19 for a 190 visa. Occupation -Social Worker. . 70 points. Victoria. I have not got an invite yet.

Can anyone help-I want to submit an EOI for VIC and NSW. I originally selected NSW but could not figure out how to do a second EOI for VIC so I changed my  original EOI to VIC. 

Q1-Is my only option to select all states if I want to be open to NSW and VIC? Or can I leave my EOI for VIC and do a new one for NSW? I can't see anhy options for this?

Q1-Because I edited my EOI will this impact on my place in the queue? For example if I go back in now and change my EOI to All States will this affect my EOI submission date? It still says the 12/08/19 on my EOI. 

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, Brunswick91 said:

Hi

I submitted an EOI on 12/08/19 for a 190 visa. Occupation -Social Worker. . 70 points. Victoria. I have not got an invite yet.

Can anyone help-I want to submit an EOI for VIC and NSW. I originally selected NSW but could not figure out how to do a second EOI for VIC so I changed my  original EOI to VIC. 

Q1-Is my only option to select all states if I want to be open to NSW and VIC? Or can I leave my EOI for VIC and do a new one for NSW? I can't see anhy options for this?

Q1-Because I edited my EOI will this impact on my place in the queue? For example if I go back in now and change my EOI to All States will this affect my EOI submission date? It still says the 12/08/19 on my EOI. 

Thank you 🙂

Never ever tick 'all states'. There are states that would never invite if you tick it because they need you to be genuinely interested in one state only (VIC is a good example of this). Create a new EOI for another state. 

If you edited the original EOI I'm afraid it did affect your place in the queue. 

Good luck