Weather Extremes

Bobj

1 minute ago, calNgary said:

Send some this way.. its has been forecast for tomorrow so hope its correct as it will really help with the fires and fill my tanks up !

Cal x

Had 10.4mm this evening and still falling.  Canberra is in a rain shadow (Brindabella’s) so always dry, but I’ve never seen it like this 

• Like 2

On 17/09/2019 at 09:11, Bulya said:

We only got the dregs.  Goulburn Area copped it and the Hume was closed to all traffic for 2 1/2 hours this morning.

So nothing on Mt Ainslie recently? Its been a while but it had been white on occasion.

Seeing the pic of the snow in Captains Flat reminded me of the year my rather weird son decided he was going to cycle around Australia. He packed judiciously, planned meticulously and set off only to camp around the Captains Flat area - which then encountered a freak snow storm. He froze that night then the next day he damaged his knee so I picked him up from somewhere down on the coast. Round Australia cycle ride abandoned on day 2.

Edited by Quoll
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Yep Adelaides getting what we had at the weekend. Woke up to a bit of rain and much cooler this morning. Looking good for the weekend though.😎

We usually get the Adelaide weather a day or two after and about 10 to 15 degrees cooler.  Thank goodness.

Almost 30,000 homes are still without power and at least one school is closed after severe storms ripped through Sydney, the Illawarra and northern NSW yesterday.  Among the worst affected suburbs are Roseville, Gordon, Mount Colah, Epping, Lindfield, Pymble, Killara, Allambie Heights, East Lindfield, Hornsby Heights, Chatswood, Forestville, Frenchs Forest, Castle Cove, Willoughby, Davidson, Castlecrag and surrounding areas.  Dozens of trees have fallen blocking major roads our of Sydney.

tree.jpg

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 10:46, Toots said:

Almost 30,000 homes are still without power and at least one school is closed after severe storms ripped through Sydney, the Illawarra and northern NSW yesterday.  Among the worst affected suburbs are Roseville, Gordon, Mount Colah, Epping, Lindfield, Pymble, Killara, Allambie Heights, East Lindfield, Hornsby Heights, Chatswood, Forestville, Frenchs Forest, Castle Cove, Willoughby, Davidson, Castlecrag and surrounding areas.  Dozens of trees have fallen blocking major roads our of Sydney.

tree.jpg

Apparently many residents will still be without power, into next week. It was basically a freak single wind gust. It passed through our neighbourhood on the Blue Mountains . There were light breezes all day then suddenly this massive wind blast.

Hope they are coping over there on the North Shore / Upper North Shore.

• Like 1