Arriving separately, ahead of lead candidate?

Dazspy

I am wondering if, once our visa has be offered/granted, I (partner not lead applicant) can enter and activate my visa alone, before my wife (lead applicant)?

Reasons for doing this would be to work and set up house, car etc before she and kids arrive. She may alsp have a longer notice period leaving work. 

Any thoughts or experience on this?

I am not afraid of a bit of reading, maybe you can remember where you read about this/or any clues?

I agree it seems like the most obvious and logical approach for the lead to 'lead', but it would be useful to know for sure.

thanks. D

Actually I wasn't sure I was correct and a bit of googling seems to suggest I was. Unless your visa grant has a condition attached to it (which would be written in the "conditions" area of the grant letter) then it apparently doesn't matter

Any MARA agent here that can confirm this???

• Like 1

It depends on what conditions are attached.  My visa was that the Primary applicant should enter first (which was me), so my hubby couldn't have come out before me.  When we initially entered Australia as a family, I just approached the desk first.

If there are no conditions, the primary applicant doesn't need to enter first.

• Like 1

You can check on the gov website which conditions MAY be attached to the Visalia are applying for.  It doesn’t mean they WILL be attached to yours though. 

This stipulation of main applicant entering first used to be common but isn’t anymore. 

When you get your grant you must check carefully what it says, it will be clear if any conditions are attached. 

• Like 1

I just had a look on mine... there was no conditions... and technically speaking, I arrived third with the two kids as my partner (main applicant) was a few minutes behind us sorting a few things.. she was cleared last in our group...at a separate desk.

I'd say you will only know if it's explicitly stated on your visa grant

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rammygirl said:

You can check on the gov website which conditions MAY be attached to the Visalia are applying for.  It doesn’t mean they WILL be attached to yours though. 

This stipulation of main applicant entering first used to be common but isn’t anymore. 

When you get your grant you must check carefully what it says, it will be clear if any conditions are attached. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/already-have-a-visa/check-visa-details-and-conditions/see-your-visa-conditions#

ahhh, very good, I think I found the information you were referring to.

for 489 State nominated, then there doesn't seem to be the 'who arrives first' condition... time will tell.

thank you all for the helpful conversation

D