AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 17/02/2020 at 11:53, Nora said:

Noup, all paperwork provided, just wanted an up to date passport. That was the only request, never mentioned if insufficient. If CO requests it, I cannot say otherwise. 

Please do not waste your time with a migration agent, if you are eligible collate all evidence now, what you will need to upload and just read the application carefully etc. you will be wasting good money by using an agent. 

Chris 

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of people mentioning the Acknowledgement email, and I was wondering what that email actually said? Simply that they have received the application? or a little more?

I applied for citizenship on the 12th of February 2020 (impatient, I know!) and it only said that it was submitted. I'm sure this is normal but just wanted a little clarification if anyone had any. I'm in Brisbane and going by what people say, it's a very long processing time here.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Hi all,
I've seen a lot of people mentioning the Acknowledgement email, and I was wondering what that email actually said? Simply that they have received the application? or a little more?
I applied for citizenship on the 12th of February 2020 (impatient, I know!) and it only said that it was submitted. I'm sure this is normal but just wanted a little clarification if anyone had any. I'm in Brisbane and going by what people say, it's a very long processing time here.
Thanks in advance,
Greg

That’s normal mate. Just have to wait for text & email for the test invite. Mine took 9 months in Sydney.

Good luck!
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, my husband and I will be elegible to apply early March 🙂

He is portuguese and recently got his passport renewed. When he did, the consulate kept his old passport. He called to ask for help in regards to proof of arrival to Oz (stated in his old passport). Consulate said they couldn't help. Any ideas of how we can prove his arrival to Australia? It was ages ago, around 2011-2012, he doesn't quite remember when he arrived exactly. Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Hi Everyone,

What are the required documents for the citizenship application? I searched online but couldn't find exact information.

8 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Hi Everyone,

What are the required documents for the citizenship application? I searched online but couldn't find exact information.

Once you commence application, you continue to fill the form online. You don’t need to search what documents to be required. It is an online application form, immigration will ask you what you need to put in. At the end of application you need to attach scan copy of your legal documents.

7 hours ago, hushi19 said:

Hi guys, my husband and I will be elegible to apply early March 🙂

He is portuguese and recently got his passport renewed. When he did, the consulate kept his old passport. He called to ask for help in regards to proof of arrival to Oz (stated in his old passport). Consulate said they couldn't help. Any ideas of how we can prove his arrival to Australia? It was ages ago, around 2011-2012, he doesn't quite remember when he arrived exactly. Thank you. 

This is my opinion based on my experience. It is not a strict rule that he must have the evidence of his first entry. He can answer no to the question asking 'if he has evidence of his first arrival to Australia'. That was what I did because I had no evidence. And during the interview I was not asked for it. In fact, I asked the officer interviewing me that some people said they are asked for that. He said he does not need it, that they have it anyway. Having said that, if he has a photocopy of his previous passport or email of airline booking, he can carry it along on the day of interview. I took as much documents as I could and one unexpected one came handy during my interview. All the best with your application

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OjCorrosive said:

This is my opinion based on my experience. It is not a strict rule that he must have the evidence of his first entry. He can answer no to the question asking 'if he has evidence of his first arrival to Australia'. That was what I did because I had no evidence. And during the interview I was not asked for it. In fact, I asked the officer interviewing me that some people said they are asked for that. He said he does not need it, that they have it anyway. Having said that, if he has a photocopy of his previous passport or email of airline booking, he can carry it along on the day of interview. I took as much documents as I could and one unexpected one came handy during my interview. All the best with your application

Thank you very much, may I ask what document came handy for you?

For evidence of arrival I simply stated passport.  There wasn’t a stamp as I went through e gate, but if you have the passport number used (the one where the visa was linked at the time) that is sufficient.  They have movement records of all your entries and exits from Australia.

During the application you can choose what evidence you wish to use in some areas, like driving licence, utility bills, birth records etc.  There won’t be anything you do not have something for. At the end it will list the evidence you need to scan.  For me it was birth and marriage certificates, passport, utility bill, ID form and driving licence as far as I can remember.

I will not also reply to your PM, not being rude but better for everyone to see replies.  Better for you too, if someone gives you duff info via a pm reply no one can chip in and correct it.

Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of this forum. Since everybody is so active here and i have gathered so much from this forum. So, it's my turn to update everyone with the status (was trying to update my timeline but couldn't find how to do it . apologies in advance). Cleared the exam with 100% 🙂

Cheers

PR applied : 23/7/2017

PR Granted on 21/10/2017

citizenship applied: 08/08/2019

Exam date: 20/02/2020

Citizenship Approved 21/02/2020

Ceremony date received: (due)

Ceremony (due)

Dandenong city council, Victoria

1 hour ago, auz77 said:

Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of this forum. Since everybody is so active here and i have gathered so much from this forum. So, it's my turn to update everyone with the status (was trying to update my timeline but couldn't find how to do it . apologies in advance). Cleared the exam with 100% 🙂

Cheers

PR applied : 23/7/2017

PR Granted on 21/10/2017

citizenship applied: 08/08/2019

Exam date: 20/02/2020

Citizenship Approved 21/02/2020

Ceremony date received: (due)

Ceremony (due)

Dandenong city council, Victoria

Congrats. How come you applied for citizenship without being one year on PR?

2 hours ago, rammygirl said:

For evidence of arrival I simply stated passport.  There wasn’t a stamp as I went through e gate, but if you have the passport number used (the one where the visa was linked at the time) that is sufficient.  They have movement records of all your entries and exits from Australia.

During the application you can choose what evidence you wish to use in some areas, like driving licence, utility bills, birth records etc.  There won’t be anything you do not have something for. At the end it will list the evidence you need to scan.  For me it was birth and marriage certificates, passport, utility bill, ID form and driving licence as far as I can remember.

I will not also reply to your PM, not being rude but better for everyone to see replies.  Better for you too, if someone gives you duff info via a pm reply no one can chip in and correct it.

Thank you. I don't know if this was directed to me as i don't recall sending any PM's to anyone, but this is very useful info and makes total sense 😉 cheers

Just a crazy question - can citizenship be delayed or denied for reasons of claiming any kind of allowances like Newstart allowance/Paid parental leave etc. based on the reason that you're a burden to the Government funds? Say if someone is unemployed and claming new start allowance etc.?

Also, can citizenship be delayed or denied for reasons such a protesting against the government for promotion of vaccines in a polite manner?

11 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Just a crazy question - can citizenship be delayed or denied for reasons of claiming any kind of allowances like Newstart allowance/Paid parental leave etc. based on the reason that you're a burden to the Government funds? Say if someone is unemployed and claming new start allowance etc.?

Also, can citizenship be delayed or denied for reasons such a protesting against the government for promotion of vaccines in a polite manner?

Absolutely not. As long as you meet the legal criteria for citizenship and are a person of good character (police checks) then there is no reason for anything else to delay citizenship. 

People lose jobs life happens and the rest of the stuff you mentioned about above will have zero impact on the application.

My company recently folded resulting in everyone losing their jobs. So I will have to think about doing an application for Newstart 🙄🙄

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

It is indeed such a crazy question. Under no any circumstances your citizenship can be delayed or refused just because you applied for new start allowance or to access government benefits. In Australia government agency works independently. Each an every government agency practice on based on information which are available in relations to policy they have to comply with.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, sawar said:

I lived legally in Australia since 2016, however out of 4 years I first entered on visitor visa , Will that period is countable on my citizenship application?
I am PR holder since 2018

if you live in australia on temporary visa (regardless what temporary visa you were on) for 4 years and 12 months after you become permanent resident. you are eligible to apply citizenship.

Edited by KazBaker

2 hours ago, KazBaker said:

if you live in australia on temporary visa (regardless what temporary visa you were on) for 4 years and 12 months after you become permanent resident. you are eligible to apply citizenship.

@KazBaker Thank you for your reply,  I first entered on VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa in 2016, can they consider this lawful residence date?

After that I completed 4 years also 1 year as PR

2 hours ago, Mamir said:

Hi. Anybody who applied in December 2019 from Vic and gotten their test invites yet??? 

Hi Mamir(and others),

I request you to please update your timeline in your signature. This will help in others to guide you. Though I'm not from Victoria, I also applied in Dec 2019 and so far no luck.

8 hours ago, August 2016 said:

Citizenship application: 05/12/2019

Test invitation: 31/12/2019

Test date: 20/2/2020

Approvel: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Townsville QLD

Hi August 2016,

Firstly, congrats on getting the test invite so soon(very impressive timeline so far). I assume you passed the test and approval should be around the corner.

May I ask you how you were invited for the test? Did you receive a letter in your postbox or an email or a message in your immi account or a call/sms or a combination of these? It would be very helpful if you can guide me in this regard. I'm from Mackay QLD and I'm still clueless as to where to search for the invite. I haven't got one so far.

Also, is Townsville a DOHA or DHS office?

Edited by Indianinoz