AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hey. I have a question regarding change of address.

i have updated my details on immi but the drivers licence which I uploaded on my original citizenship application is registered at my old address.

i have also received a confirmed appointment for my interview and test.

do I need to upload a copy of my updated d licence, or can I just take the new original along to my appointment??

Hey, anyone help me any ideas or suggest MA will be grateful. I am working with this company from 2016 still on. I got pr last year and i lodge citizenship last month upto now no notice.
My question is if i got offer letter of master degree from university of another state. Can i move before citizenship ceremony/ before contract ends. Actually want to move on February and it will be more 5 months to ends contract. Can i move legally or not?

22 hours ago, sud said:

Hey, anyone help me any ideas or suggest MA will be grateful. I am working with this company from 2016 still on. I got pr last year and i lodge citizenship last month upto now no notice.
My question is if i got offer letter of master degree from university of another state. Can i move before citizenship ceremony/ before contract ends. Actually want to move on February and it will be more 5 months to ends contract. Can i move legally or not?

You post is a bit unclear. To clear it up a bit, am I getting it right that: 

• You are working for a company in, let's say, State A at the moment and you have 5 month until the end of the contract with that company. You also applied for citizenship in State A.
  • You received an offer from a university in State B with Feb 2020 start

If the above statements are correct, then you have 2 different questions that have absolutely no relation to each other:

Q1. How will your move from State A to State B affect your citizenship application?

The answer is - it will not affect it significantly (a slight delay due to case transfer is possible) and it will definitely not affect it adversely. All you have to do is to update your address details in your Immiaccount and attach evidence of your new address (utility bill, drivers licence from State B, etc.)

Q2. How will your move to State B affect your work/employment contract in State A? 

The answer is - this is a private matter between you and your employer, and the decision is yours to make. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jess6 said:

Hi Everyone,

Just sharing my timeline

Application lodged online 09/05/2019

Email for the test received: 19/07/2019

Test on:  19/12/2019

Application approved 20/12/2019

Ceremony: waiting for letter

Council: City of Port Phillip (Melbourne)

Congratulations Jess, 

Hope you are invited your ceremony taking place at Australian day 26 jan.

Could you tell me what sort documents they checked your’s as identity, address. Along with passport and driving licence, Do i need to print rest of the documents like Electricity bill, or show them on phone? If you share your experience would be glad.

Cheers !

You post is a bit unclear. To clear it up a bit, am I getting it right that: 
  • You are working for a company in, let's say, State A at the moment and you have 5 month until the end of the contract with that company. You also applied for citizenship in State A.
  • You received an offer from a university in State B with Feb 2020 start
If the above statements are correct, then you have 2 different questions that have absolutely no relation to each other:
Q1. How will your move from State A to State B affect your citizenship application?
The answer is - it will not affect it significantly (a slight delay due to case transfer is possible) and it will definitely not affect it adversely. All you have to do is to update your address details in your Immiaccount and attach evidence of your new address (utility bill, drivers licence from State B, etc.)
Q2. How will your move to State B affect your work/employment contract in State A? 
The answer is - this is a private matter between you and your employer, and the decision is yours to make. 

Thanks Georgiegie for reply. For Q2 I request to the employer but they said me talk to immi / MA and if they said it is legal that i can move then only my employer let me to go otherwise not!!!

5 hours ago, sud said:

Thanks Georgiegie for reply. For Q2 I request to the employer but they said me talk to immi / MA and if they said it is legal that i can move then only my employer let me to go otherwise not!!!

Sorry, why would your employer have anything to do with an application for Citizenship? when you applied for citizenship you either qualify or you wait until you do ... employment and employers have nothing to do to with personal matters 

Sorry, why would your employer have anything to do with an application for Citizenship? when you applied for citizenship you either qualify or you wait until you do ... employment and employers have nothing to do to with personal matters 

Thanks for reply Chris N Lora but it’s not about citizenship the 2nd question is about employment contract.

On 18/12/2019 at 08:15, Georgiegie said:
On 17/12/2019 at 19:59, stevie129 said:

Hey mate

Congrats on your speedy processing!

To reschedule the appointment, follow this link: https://appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au/login

Client ID is an 11-digit number listed in all communications from the Department. 

Good luck, and have a great Christmas!

Cheers Mate! Out of interest, what state are you located in? Hope you have a great Christmas too! 😊

On 21/12/2019 at 10:32, KazBaker said:

Congratulations Jess, 

Hope you are invited your ceremony taking place at Australian day 26 jan.

Could you tell me what sort documents they checked your’s as identity, address. Along with passport and driving licence, Do i need to print rest of the documents like Electricity bill, or show them on phone? If you share your experience would be glad.

Cheers !

Thank you Kaz! :)

The Immigration lady only checked my Passport, Medicare Card, Australian Driver licence and the original of my Birth Certificate (along with the Naati translation of it).

From the above, my Australian Driver licence is the only document with my current address on it

I personally had brought everything with me just in case (bills and tenancy agreement). I am not sure if other officers ask for more documents.

As a side note, she scanned my documents. She also took a photo of me.

The discussion was quite quick and then I took the test which is in line with the test exemple provided on the immigration website.

After the test, they run a police check. I saw the approval in my immigration account. I did not receive a notification, I proactively checked my account.

She told me that I would receive a letter though.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

• Thanks 1

Thank you Kaz! :)
The Immigration lady only checked my Passport, Medicare Card, Australian Driver licence and the original of my Birth Certificate (along with the Naati translation of it).
From the above, my Australian Driver licence is the only document with my current address on it
I personally had brought everything with me just in case (bills and tenancy agreement). I am not sure if other officers ask for more documents.
The discussion was quite quick and then I took the test which is in line with the test exemple provided on the immigration website.
After the test, they run a police check. I saw the approval in my immigration account. I did not receive a notification, I proactively checked my account.
Let me know if you have any other questions :)

The letter comes through a few days after approval. I was approved on a Monday, just after my appointment. Letter arrived on the Friday of the same week.

Hey guys - I'll be hitting the 1 year on PR mark on the 28th and hence, will be lodging, however, my sons passport has since expired and we've already received the new one.

Do I need to update immi / Vevo or something with the new details? Forgive the ignorance 🙂 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Hey guys - I'll be hitting the 1 year on PR mark on the 28th and hence, will be lodging, however, my sons passport has since expired and we've already received the new one.

Do I need to update immi / Vevo or something with the new details? Forgive the ignorance 🙂 

Yes definitely you have to update with your kids changes in circumstances before you apply citizenship for him

On 22/12/2019 at 10:45, jess6 said:

Thank you Kaz! 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Thanks a lot buddy. much information provided which is very helpful for us.

waiting for your ceremony soon 26 Jan

Approvals from Brisbane, QLD 

Hi everyone,

Has there been many(or any😢) approvals/progress from the Brisbane office? I seem to see lots of approvals from other states and some receiving invites for the test within months of applying...is it just me, or is the Brisbane office really slow??

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year PIO people! 

Edited by JustUs

Hi everyone 

just a query about my upcoming citizenship text.what are the procedures on the test day??how long we have to wait to get approved citizenship application after test.

my application details

visa processing office:Adelaide 

applied citizenship online of mine and my wife on:nov 24th 2019

letter of appointments for both of us on:14th dec 

test date for both of us on 26th feb

Thanks guys 

wish you good luck for everyone 

Hi everyone 

just a query about my upcoming citizenship text.what are the procedures on the test day??how long we have to wait to get approved citizenship application after test.

my application details

visa processing office:Adelaide 

applied citizenship online of mine and my wife on:nov 24th 2019

letter of appointments for both of us on:14th dec 2019

test date for both of us on 26th feb 2020

Thanks guys 

wish you good luck for everyone 

23 hours ago, JustUs said:

Approvals from Brisbane, QLD 

Hi everyone,

Has there been many(or any😢) approvals/progress from the Brisbane office? I seem to see lots of approvals from other states and some receiving invites for the test within months of applying...is it just me, or is the Brisbane office really slow??

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year PIO people! 

I did citizen test last month and was approved straight away

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rvee said:

Hi friends 

do we need to keep still hope  for ceremony on 26 jan 2020..?

what yours point of view?

merry Christmas 🎄 to all

lovely group members..

If we are anything to go by, letters for Ceremonies on 26 Jan  went out about 10 days ago...