AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

10 minutes ago, sapphilor said:

Update: I've been invited for my ceremony on the 18th of July. Which is a little odd, because the date isn't published on the website of my council. But oh well... finally the end is near! 

Congrats. Which  council?

Update my info:

1. Date applied : 16/04/2017
  2. City/Council area: City of Banyule (I live in Macleod, this suburb is managed by both City of Banyule and City of Darebin, I actually not sure which council I belong to, Banyule may be right one) 
  3. Online / Paper : Online
  4. Date Test Invitation arrived: 15 June 22:10 AEST (Tonight) :P
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 14/09/2017 (first change tried, all rest of June, July and August are occupied; otherwise, keep 14 Sep or 15 Sep)
  6. Date received Approval Letter: Still waiting...
  7. Date Ceremony invitation received: Still waiting...
  8. Date of ceremony: Still waiting...
  9. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal 

3 minutes ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Update my info:

1. Date applied : 16/04/2017
  2. City/Council area: City of Banyule (I live in Macleod, this suburb is managed by both City of Banyule and City of Darebin, I actually not sure which council I belong to, Banyule may be right one) 
  3. Online / Paper : Online
  4. Date Test Invitation arrived: 15 June 22:10 AEST (Tonight) :P
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 14/09/2017 (first change tried, all rest of June, July and August are occupied; otherwise, keep 14 Sep or 15 Sep)
  6. Date received Approval Letter: Still waiting...
  7. Date Ceremony invitation received: Still waiting...
  8. Date of ceremony: Still waiting...
  9. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal 

Waoow..... Congrats.... Very happy 4 u...!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheila said:

Elliot Tsao- You got email at 22:10 hours, it is strange?

Sheila, it was out of business time, very strange. But I check it on the official Citizenship appointment page, my client ID and information is existing. Interesting...

Or I guess, they reviewed my case and arrange mine to a emailing list then automatically sends to me whenever reach me. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 11:28, Mit11 said:

It can take more than 4 weeks as i gave test on 27 April and still waiting for approval letter.

That sucks!

Does the status on the immi account change to finalised once they fire off the letter and put you to the council for a ceremony or just once you have done the ceremony does anyone know?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

That sucks!

Does the status on the immi account change to finalised once they fire off the letter and put you to the council for a ceremony or just once you have done the ceremony does anyone know?

Cheers

The status changes only after you attend the ceremony.

Hello

We are in the Brisbane area - passed our test on 9th March and received out approval letter the week after. We are still waiting for our ceremony date - can anyone shed any light on their timeline for waiting for their ceremony in Brisbane? We were told that it can be 3-6 months but that we are most likely looking at September. We've called Immigration a few times but they say we haven't been allocated a date yet. 

Also, how many weeks before your ceremony do you get your letter? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, BRoz said:

Hello

We are in the Brisbane area - passed our test on 9th March and received out approval letter the week after. We are still waiting for our ceremony date - can anyone shed any light on their timeline for waiting for their ceremony in Brisbane? We were told that it can be 3-6 months but that we are most likely looking at September. We've called Immigration a few times but they say we haven't been allocated a date yet. 

Also, how many weeks before your ceremony do you get your letter? 

Thanks!

They sent mine with 31 May for a 18 July ceremony so I'd say they give about 6 weeks notice.

44 minutes ago, sapphilor said:

They sent mine with 31 May for a 18 July ceremony so I'd say they give about 6 weeks notice.

Hey sapphilor on the spreadsheet, what does the approval date mean? Is there an email or something before the approval letter? Cheers

On 6/15/2017 at 19:32, sapphilor said:

Update: I've been invited for my ceremony on the 18th of July. Which is a little odd, because the date isn't published on the website of my council. But oh well... finally the end is near! 

It must be special ceremony arranged by DIBP.  I am from Blacktown council and attended special ceremony at Sydney Olympic Park arranged by DIBP on 7th of this month. Around 800-1000 people were there including guests.  As there were many guests with people so can't tell you how many people were actually came to attend ceremony.  There were few more ceremonies arranged this month and next month.  For northern suburbs ceremony is I think at University of Technology's Ultimo campus.

Thanks...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mansawant said:

It must be special ceremony arranged by DIBP.  I am from Blacktown council and attended special ceremony at Sydney Olympic Park arranged by DIBP on 7th of this month. Around 800-1000 people were there including guests.  As there were many guests with people so can't tell you how many people were actually came to attend ceremony.  There were few more ceremonies arranged this month and next month.  For northern suburbs ceremony is I think at University of Technology's Ultimo campus.

Thanks...

800- 1000, that is too much in one ceremony...!!