Can my daughter from the UK be put in my visa

ukchris

My daughter back in rhe Uk has just turned 18 and she is now able to come and live with me and my wife, does anyone have experice of getting a child put onto. PR visa? 

We have been here 6 years now and are in the process of applying for citizenship 

Thanks in advance 

Chris 

4 hours ago, ukchris said:

My daughter back in rhe Uk has just turned 18 and she is now able to come and live with me and my wife, does anyone have experice of getting a child put onto. PR visa? 

We have been here 6 years now and are in the process of applying for citizenship 

Thanks in advance 

Chris 

Two things, first of all you will have to evidence she is financially dependent on you. Can you evidence you have financially supported her over the years? Next thing, what does she do? Still at school or working? If shes working it will be hard for anyone to prove she is dependent on them. If I was you id speak to an agent  

You've got one chance and that's to consult a good migration agent.   Children over 18 can't come on your visa unless they're financially dependent on you.  If she's been living in the UK on her own, then you're going to have a tough job proving that.   An expert might be able to see a loophole.

1 minute ago, Amber Snowball said:

This is very interesting! I had never considered that you could add people to a visa so long after the grant. I’m assuming your visa is 6years old?

Good luck! I think it would be very helpful for others if you let us know how you get on. 

I guess a child could have been living in the other country with another parent

1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

That’s what I assumed. Still hadn’t considered they could be added at a later date. Learnt something today! Worth getting out of bed. 😀

I don’t think they can be added on at a later date but more that the parent can get a visa for a dependent child (just the usual child visa I think) I’m not sure it’s them living elsewhere that’s the big problem but I believe to get the daughter a visa he would have a prove she is and has been wholly or substantially dependant on him.  If he’s been paying child support every month for the years he’s been away then he may be able to evidence dependency. These are all things I’ve picked up on over the years so msy be incorrect. As I suggested to him, he’ should speak to an agent 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I don’t think they can be added on at a later date but more that the parent can get a visa for a dependent child (just the usual child visa I think) I’m not sure it’s them living elsewhere that’s the big problem but I believe to get the daughter a visa he would have a prove she is and has been wholly or substantially dependant on him.  If he’s been paying child support every month for the years he’s been away then he may be able to evidence dependency. These are all things I’ve picked up on over the years so msy be incorrect. As I suggested to him, he’ should speak to an agent 

Ok. That makes more sense. It was just tha language being used that was foxing me! 

I agree with the suggestion to speak with a registered migration agent.  Even though she's your child, you may not be eligible to sponsor her for a child visa (I think the requirement is that they've been your dependent for the 12 months prior to the application but I haven't really looked into the requirements for this visa).