Police Checks?

Burnsie

Hi all

As a teacher I uploaded my DBS (CRB) as police check document. Is this all that is required? Ive just had my medical last week and so all documents are now submitted but just thought if the DBS is not the correct police check document I could be getting on with obtaining the correct one whilst waiting...

Thanks for any advice...

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Hi all

As a teacher I uploaded my DBS (CRB) as police check document. Is this all that is required? Ive just had my medical last week and so all documents are now submitted but just thought if the DBS is not the correct police check document I could be getting on with obtaining the correct one whilst waiting...

Thanks for any advice...

Hi Burnsie,

what visa did you apply for as a teacher? 189 or 190? 

Where you looking to settle once / if granted? 

13 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Hi Burnsie,

what visa did you apply for as a teacher? 189 or 190? 

Where you looking to settle once / if granted? 

Hi, both but got invite for 189 so ran with that one. Fingers crossed NSW - how about you, what's your story bluebird?

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Hi all

Thanks for any advice...

Fellow school worker here - I renewed my DBS and ACRO at the same time. Wish I could have used my DBS.

FYI: Unless you sign up to the update service that DBS is only valid within your school / MAT (maybe LA most not). If you move it will need to be re done anyway.

Edited by JetBlast

2 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Hi, both but got invite for 189 so ran with that one. Fingers crossed NSW - how about you, what's your story bluebird?

Thats good that you got the invite for a 189. 

My wife is the main applicant and she is a primary school teacher and got state nomination from victoria. We had our first case officer contact on the 03/01 asking for medicals and police checks which have now been done so just waiting for final decision now. 

Hoepfuly looking to settle about 45 mins - 1 hour away from melbourne as hopefully neither of us will need be committed yo the cbd. 

• 2 weeks later...