Partnership visa

Cathi241

I have been in a long distance relationship with an old boyfriend for a year. He's English but an Australian citizen. I'm planning to go to Australia in a visitors visa in April and we are applying for a partnership visa. I will be divorced  by then but his divorce won't be final until early June. How long does the process take? Any advice on the situation welcome. 

There’s a separate thread showing timelines for offshore partner visas in London, if it’s onshore then it’ll probably be much longer. Plus, there is uncertainty over when the rules will change but would certainly make it more difficult for you to apply onshore of on a visitor visa. There’s heaps written on other threads on the subject by trusted migration agents 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, 

There are certain rules as the online relationship doesn't get counted for such visas. According to me, you should take consultation from the migration agencies. Immigration Agent Perth is one of the best consultant agency for such problems because I have applied for my partner visa through them. They have the best agents for the consultation services and the agency is also with MARA.

On 15/02/2019 at 21:26, Julia White said:

Hi there, 

There are certain rules as the online relationship doesn't get counted for such visas. According to me, you should take consultation from the migration agencies. Immigration Agent Perth is one of the best consultant agency for such problems because I have applied for my partner visa through them. They have the best agents for the consultation services and the agency is also with MARA.

An agency cannot "be with MARA" only an individual can be a registered agent. 

Your English seems similar to that on the website; one wonders if you are being paid to promote them.........

56 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

This agency might be great, but I wouldn't take a recommendation made with someone first post on the forum...

Another issue you may have is that he certainly cannot sponsor you while still married, and you may find (not sure) that cannot register your relationship either.

He could sponsor her for a de facto visa whilst married to someone else, there is no "must be free to marry" clause on a de facto sponsorship, but reading the description of their relationship on here I don't see how they would qualify for de facto. 

Definitely both parties must be " free to marry"  when registering a relationship.

• Thanks 1

As you are unlikely to meet the de-facto requirements for a partnership visa, I would suggest you have a few trips between you to be sure you both want to be together forever and then just go the prospective marriage visa!  Me and hubby knew within weeks ‘this was it’! Engaged within 3 months, joint house bought within 6 months, would have been married soon after if little bun in the oven hadn’t been a wonderful surprise!! Easier for us as we were of course living in the same country but when you know it’s the one you know!! Interestingly, we went through the whole visa process proving we were bona fide de-facto, not too arduous with a child and everything in joint names but stressful nevertheless with the additional documentation, we then, after going through all that pain, got married the day before we flew out 🤣🤣!!

11 hours ago, Nemesis said:

An agency cannot "be with MARA" only an individual can be a registered agent. 

Your English seems similar to that on the website; one wonders if you are being paid to promote them.........

Might be me not being able to navigate their website, but I can't find any agent names or MARA registration details.

My advice to the OP if looking for an agent - consider the regular ones that post on here.

• Like 2