Autism and medicals Visa 189

Amber2106

We received out invite for the 189 visa on Monday, booked our medicals for a few weeks time, however today my 5yr old has been escalated to a higher tier within the camhs for a potential diagnosis of autistic spectrum. 

Do we need to declare this during the medicals as he wok the be formally diagnosed for many months yet, if so how will it impact in them ? 

Thanks 

have you or are you likely to be asked the question during the medical process ? If not , why declare and do not volunteer any personal information whatsoever unless specifically asked - and that includes the catch all  "is there anything else [that we cannot predict] that you may know about that may affect your application"  , the simple fact is that there may be no diagnosis and yet there also may be a diagnosis, and unless you can tell the future, you don't know, so the answer to the question is , you don't know, otherwise legally you are guessing.

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 06:41, deryans said:

have you or are you likely to be asked the question during the medical process ? If not , why declare and do not volunteer any personal information whatsoever unless specifically asked - and that includes the catch all  "is there anything else [that we cannot predict] that you may know about that may affect your application"  , the simple fact is that there may be no diagnosis and yet there also may be a diagnosis, and unless you can tell the future, you don't know, so the answer to the question is , you don't know, otherwise legally you are guessing.

There is a potential condition which requires further investigation and opinion and by being involved in a service already then it can be classed as treatment/investigation and must be declared.  You seem to be suggesting that the OP make a fraudulent declaration.

• Like 1

Bit of comprehension check I think,   if  they don't know the outcome at the time of the application , then why guess at the diagnosis,  there is a potential outcome, not certain.

Tick the unknown box on the application form, move on, next.

By all means declare that there is treatment that has commenced,  ongoing and leave it at that,  but drawing a conclusion at this stage when there is no certainty or a firm diagnosis is naive,  when the person reviewing the application will see the "trigger word"  and likely take the process off down a route based on their own conjecture/bias.

3 hours ago, deryans said:

Bit of comprehension check I think,   if  they don't know the outcome at the time of the application , then why guess at the diagnosis,  there is a potential outcome, not certain.

Tick the unknown box on the application form, move on, next.

By all means declare that there is treatment that has commenced,  ongoing and leave it at that,  but drawing a conclusion at this stage when there is no certainty or a firm diagnosis is naive,  when the person reviewing the application will see the "trigger word"  and likely take the process off down a route based on their own conjecture/bias.

Remember that if the medical situation changes between application and validation then that medical condition should be declared.

• Like 1

The diagnosis if any will take months if not years to get, as yet we are in limbo, no support required at school or any intervention. He is simply on a waiting list for an appointment. I will be honest if the question is asked but I won’t volunteer the information unless it is on a form or asked specifically and even then it’s just a referral x

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 00:43, Amber2106 said:

The diagnosis if any will take months if not years to get, as yet we are in limbo, no support required at school or any intervention. He is simply on a waiting list for an appointment. I will be honest if the question is asked but I won’t volunteer the information unless it is on a form or asked specifically and even then it’s just a referral x

It is likely to ask if any one on the application has had a condition or received investigations for a condition.  You refer to CAMHS - if you are already in this service you will need to declare this.

• Like 1