Want to resign on a 457, options?

Frukoz

Hi,

I'm on a 457 visa since September 2017 and my work is becoming intolerable to the extent where I want to resign every day.

My partner is Australian and we have been together for 6 years, having moved last year. We chose the 457 option due to costs involved in the partner visa, as well as it taking longer to be granted.

We would like to move to a partner visa now, however my understanding is that if I apply, any bridging visa would get annulled if I resign from my job - is this correct?

What would happen if I resign from my job and THEN apply for a partner visa? Can I do this onshore on say, a tourist visa? How likely would I be granted a bridging visa in this case?

My other option is to transfer to another job which is what I am working on at the moment. However now that we have some savings and we know that we like our life here, the freedom of a partner visa would be preferred if there's a way to do that!

Thanks in advance!

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:06, Frukoz said:

Hi,

I'm on a 457 visa since September 2017 and my work is becoming intolerable to the extent where I want to resign every day.

My partner is Australian and we have been together for 6 years, having moved last year. We chose the 457 option due to costs involved in the partner visa, as well as it taking longer to be granted.

We would like to move to a partner visa now, however my understanding is that if I apply, any bridging visa would get annulled if I resign from my job - is this correct?

What would happen if I resign from my job and THEN apply for a partner visa? Can I do this onshore on say, a tourist visa? How likely would I be granted a bridging visa in this case?

My other option is to transfer to another job which is what I am working on at the moment. However now that we have some savings and we know that we like our life here, the freedom of a partner visa would be preferred if there's a way to do that!

Thanks in advance!

Contact one of the agents who post regularly on the site @Raul Senise @wrussell @Alan Collett @Richard Gregan are all agents who've been posting for a number of years and have good reputations.

• Like 1