Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Frukoz

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, Just noticed that my partner's UK passport is expiring in June. We're trying to get this thing lodged asap though. Can someone confirm this won't be an issue? I take it we can update these details once the application has been submitted? Thanks! Frukoz
  2. Frukoz

    Australian Visas - Migration Agent Fees

    Well the recommendations would be user generated, so I don't think that would make the forum owners liable. People on here provide recommendations all the time. I'm just talking about organising this a bit so you don't have keep posting whenever you need an agent. A directory makes a lot of sense, but would never receive any contributions unless it came out of forums like this one.
  3. Frukoz

    Want to resign on a 457, options?

    Thanks for the help - have reached out to agents.
  4. Frukoz

    Australian Visas - Migration Agent Fees

    I guess what would be helpful for a huge number of people on this forum is information on reputation, fees, speed of communication & expertise. And this would mean the good agents would stand out and receive more business as a result. To me, it seems like it would be a very helpful addition! Thanks for the recommendations. I will be reaching out to a few of the regular posters.
  5. Frukoz

    Australian Visas - Migration Agent Fees

    Does this forum have any kind of reviews, rankings or recommended agents that have a good history of successes?
  6. Hi, I'm on a 457 visa since September 2017 and my work is becoming intolerable to the extent where I want to resign every day. My partner is Australian and we have been together for 6 years, having moved last year. We chose the 457 option due to costs involved in the partner visa, as well as it taking longer to be granted. We would like to move to a partner visa now, however my understanding is that if I apply, any bridging visa would get annulled if I resign from my job - is this correct? What would happen if I resign from my job and THEN apply for a partner visa? Can I do this onshore on say, a tourist visa? How likely would I be granted a bridging visa in this case? My other option is to transfer to another job which is what I am working on at the moment. However now that we have some savings and we know that we like our life here, the freedom of a partner visa would be preferred if there's a way to do that! Thanks in advance!
  7. Thanks Alan - looks like I'm owed some tax back! Very useful info - any recommendation on the best ways to source a reliable tax agent? Cheers.
  8. Hi. I moved to Australia half way through a tax year whereby I had a salary in the UK in which I was paying the normal tax rate. I then found a job in Australia and, when I pluck up the courage, will be attempting my tax returns here. I'm finding it very difficult to understand how personal allowance works in this situation. Since I only worked in the UK for part of a year, I would expect to receive some money back in the UK. But does my earnings in Australia affect this at all? And if I am owed a rebate, how do I claim this? Would it automatically be sent to me, do I need to fill out a self-assessment, should I just ring HMRC? I am a citizen of both UK and Australia. Hopefully the above is clear and something many of you have had to deal with. Thanks, Frukoz
  9. Hi, My partner is flying back home for a wedding and needs stitches taken out. She lives, works and has tax residency in Australia on a 457 visa. Can she use the NHS when she's back in the UK without charge. Technically the 457 is a temporary visa so might allow her to do so? Thanks!
  10. Frukoz

    Dual Citizen benefits?

    >Assuming you are a non-resident, you can't open a new ISA or make new contributions to an existing one. I've been trying to figure out how this affects a stocks & shares ISA with automatic reinvestment of dividends. Would this be classified as making contributions?
  11. Thanks memcc - a bit clearer. Although is travel insurance valid if you are technically not travelling? Once we enter Australia we are doing so with the intent to live there. Would this not void the travel insurance?
  12. Thanks for the reply. The issue here is not what insurance I want to go with, but rather what is sufficient/expected for the visa application. Also, I take it that the Australian top-up insurance that sits hand-in-hand with Medicare is probably cheaper than full health insurance coverage that I would need to purchase prior to having signed up to Medicare, right?
  13. Hello there, I really can't get to grips with the health insurance requirements for 457 visa... So, I am told I need insurance coverage when applying. Well, I live in the UK so I have the NHS. When I land in Australia I can sign up to Medicare which is granted on the spot. So why do I need extra insurance? Do I need travel insurance for my journey from UK to Australia? Do I need MORE than basic medicare access once in Australia - are they saying I need additional private insurance (I was going to get that anyway)? I just don't understand what is required here. I'm covered in both countries but I'm told I need to register for insurance. Very confusing! Anyway, can someone just explain this to me because it's quite frustrating! Is there a bog standard solution to sorting this all out that is tried and tested across the forum. Much obliged! Frukoz
  14. Thanks guys - glad to hear this is an option! @BritChickx - that must have been a lot of dollarydoos down the toilet - partner visa is expensive!
  15. Hi there, I understand that, technically, it is possible to enter Australia as a UK citizen on a tourist visa and then apply for a Partner visa once in Australia. Since it takes a long time time for this type of visa to go through, can anyone confirm that we can be put onto a bridging visa with full working rights until this Partner visa comes through? My understanding is that UK tourist visas don't usually have the "no further stay" clause? I fully understand that you must not enter Australia under false pretenses or be deceitful to immigration. We're visiting Australia as tourists later this year and I have an Australian passport. Once in Australia, we may decide that we like it and may wish to stay. I'd like to know the options. Thanks in advance!