187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

1 hour ago, Jason2017 said:

Hi guys, I've got my 187 visa today. It took 4 months since we submitted our application. I am pleased with such a quick decision.

My partner and I arrived in Australia in January 2017 with 456 visa. I work at a regional university.

The 187 nomination application was submitted in 20 March 2017. We submitted the visa application on 1 April.

Both the nomination and the visa were approved on 7 August 2017.

We re-used the majority of the 456 application materials to the 187 applications. 

All the best for those who are still in the queue. 

Congratulations What is your occupation? You mean 457 visa right?

Edited by ring3018

Yes I meant 457. I am a university lecturer. 

Nothing against you but I find it really unfair that other people have been waiting for longer than the published processing times (+15 months) and other people are getting their visas in such short time... I feel like the DIBP should be more open and honest on how they are operating. This is becoming really ridiculous and disrespectul for the many applicants that are already contributing to Australia economy and have their lives on hold... I am so pissed! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing against you but I find it really unfair that other people have been waiting for longer than the published processing times (+15 months) and other people are getting their visas in such short time... I feel like the DIBP should be more open and honest on how they are operating. This is becoming really ridiculous and disrespectul for the many applicants that are already contributing to Australia economy and have their lives on hold... I am so pissed! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

It's not unfair, 4 months sounds right for 457 visas.

Sent from my SM-N915G using PomsinOz mobile app

• Like 1

19 hours ago, indiana said:

Time to share my happy news. Got our visa approved today.

Rcb approved in somwhere middle of November 2016. Visa and nomination got granted today. Documents were requested for both nomination and visa on 30 june 2017. For nomination, I had to do some changes in my job contract. For visa-  medicals, new pccs for my husband for australia and india, proof of relationship.

Rcb, nomination, visa - 31/10/2016

Occupation- early childhood

Applicants-2 (primary applicant onshore)  (secondary offshore)

ACT

Hi Indiana

Could you please clarify if your occupation is Early childhood teacher or childcare room leader? 

Thank you so much! 

2 hours ago, Cippalippa said:

Nothing against you but I find it really unfair that other people have been waiting for longer than the published processing times (+15 months) and other people are getting their visas in such short time... I feel like the DIBP should be more open and honest on how they are operating. This is becoming really ridiculous and disrespectul for the many applicants that are already contributing to Australia economy and have their lives on hold... I am so pissed! emoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png

They definitely should be honest about the process I agree.

It is very clear to everyone that they are prioritising certain occupations versus others for 186 and 187 visas.

It is fair enough but they should just say it.

2 minutes ago, jess6 said:

They definitely should be honest about the process I agree.

It is very clear to everyone that they are prioritising certain occupations versus others for 186 and 187 visas.

It is fair enough but they should just say it.

or they r waiting for changing on cooks , chefs and managers

I don't know how they are choosing and working either. I have a friend applied for nomination and visa on 17/1/2017 and got his visa on 25/5/2017. His occupation is F&B manager and a chef 11/2016 just got visa 6/2017. They applied at the same agent.

Got my approval today, just wanted to keep you all updated. This thread has been very helpful in getting everything together, and for tips. 

I did the medical using ehealth and it was finished at time of submission. I did the application myself, no agent.

Nomination from employer 6 July 2017 

Submitted 187 on 10 July 2017 

Nomination and PR grant  7 August 2017 

Occupation 253211 Anaesthetist, Citizenship USA. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Virgo said:

So it mean that we have to wait for 15 months because there is one case he or she get the PR after 10 months

I another group I saw someone got granted in 4months 187 

same occupation child care room leader 

So it mean that we have to wait for 15 months because there is one case he or she get the PR after 10 months

from the pattern i can see there are no rules, they are allocating files randomly more or less like lottary[emoji854]so when you get lucky they will open your file... there might be some priority in professions that are from skill select 1 but every rule has an exception and every case is different...so all we can do is wish each others luck and that's it!!!no matter what you do it will be as it is....

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Kaushal said:

IT looks like they are taking the process to march 18 so they can implement the new rules on lodged applications as well . ??

They can't change rules on visas already lodged. Visa gets processed against rules at time of lodgement.

6 minutes ago, SamH said:

They can't change rules on visas already lodged. Visa gets processed against rules at time of lodgement.

Yes they can, and frequently have. Even complete visa subclasses have been abolished overnight in the past, with all applications cancelled.