187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

14 hours ago, absapr2016 said:

I think rather than that we should go to lacal MP he can ring up immi and ask them reason for such long time,
My file is in NSW and I been to some MP'S in past they were really helpful, I think all of us should go to local MP and seek his/her's help. it will be better if its more than one person. I m ready anytime if some is willing to come Sydney. My file is in nsw
I think we should all fix one day and all go together and seek some help get current affairs team and tell them how unprofessionally immi is working these days and increasing the time every bloody month.
Honestly I m in situation now I dont really care yes/no but I need the decision its killing cant decide what to do,

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PomsinOz mobile app

Agree 

It is very sad that they r not pick any file for 187 visa. It seems like they r pushing us towards july..
Well I have put a feedback on immi few days ago and complaint to ombudsman as well today... I jst need decision so I can move on in my life

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Exactly how I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Immi reach the ceiling for retail managers and cooks and all those occupations applicants have been paused until the new financial year begins with a reset of yearly vacancies.

That is my guess

I am just curious, how possible the employer could waiting for a worker to start work for more than a year, especially those offshore applicants or apply their applications step by step? So they fill someone temporary for the position till that ideal person to get their visa then fire the temporary one and things change every minutes .

It doesn't make any sense at all. 

4 minutes ago, PanadaApr said:

I am just curious, how possible the employer could waiting for a worker to start work for more than a year, especially those offshore applicants or apply their applications step by step? So they fill someone temporary for the position till that ideal person to get their visa then fire the temporary one and things change every minutes .

I understand where you coming from. In a small restaurant let say the position can't be open for you for a year of waiting, no employer will do that for you unless you are very skilled, but for like resorts who are operating in an island or in a really remote area where they can only fill up people by sponsorship, it will work, coz the people they have sponsored will leave them eventually after the 2 years requirements so they better lodge now a new one so that before that person leaves they have already backup candidates. 

1 hour ago, PanadaApr said:

That's exactly what my MA stated. The RSMS system doesn't make sense. Because of this he said that this is one of the reasons the Australian govt MAY get rid of this 187 visa in the future and replace with another version.  

As you said it doesn't make sense for an employer to spend all this  time to get a foreign worker. What does he do in the mean time whilst he is waiting upto two years?? 

59 minutes ago, 27May2016 said:

I understand where you coming from. In a small restaurant let say the position can't be open for you for a year of waiting, no employer will do that for you unless you are very skilled, but for like resorts who are operating in an island or in a really remote area where they can only fill up people by sponsorship, it will work, coz the people they have sponsored will leave them eventually after the 2 years requirements so they better lodge now a new one so that before that person leaves they have already backup candidates. 

I see. Thank you for your explanation.

it is so hard to find a ideal person in regional area tho as you have to find someone who is fulfill the position and  the immigration requirement at the same time.

consequently , the new occupation list and policy is gonna make reginal business running harder as they remove cooks, retail manager , sales etc general position and also require you have 3 years work experiences. If the regional area has many kinds of business and ppl then it won't be regional areas.

Good luck for those future applicants.

8 minutes ago, March19 said:

That's exactly what my MA stated. The RSMS system doesn't make sense. Because of this he said that this is one of the reasons the Australian govt MAY get rid of this 187 visa in the future and replace with another version.  

As you said it doesn't make sense for an employer to spend all this  time to get a foreign worker. What does he do in the mean time whilst he is waiting upto two years?? 

But you have to think about that is in regional area, there r not so many local ppl are educated and those ppl who is in Sydney melb etc area won't go to regional area as there r nth there for them to do over there. So regional needs foreign worker who is willing to sacrifice 2 years to get PR. Because it is the only way to attract foreign ppl to come to help boost up remote areas.

however, the new policy which in effect in the march next year is gonna make regional business harder as it minimize the range of ideal person. How about those just graduated  or under 3 year work experience ppl? Also in regional area, it is mainly restaurant and general business  running over there, the new occupation list is full of engineering, teacher, nurse, doctor , lawyer etc high education occupations. It doesn't really fit in the situation in remote area

41 minutes ago, PanadaApr said:

But you have to think about that is in regional area, there r not so many local ppl are educated and those ppl who is in Sydney melb etc area won't go to regional area as there r nth there for them to do over there. So regional needs foreign worker who is willing to sacrifice 2 years to get PR. Because it is the only way to attract foreign ppl to come to help boost up remote areas.

however, the new policy which in effect in the march next year is gonna make regional business harder as it minimize the range of ideal person. How about those just graduated  or under 3 year work experience ppl? Also in regional area, it is mainly restaurant and general business  running over there, the new occupation list is full of engineering, teacher, nurse, doctor , lawyer etc high education occupations. It doesn't really fit in the situation in remote area

In addition, I've been to a regional so I can say I know what's happening first hand. Some people wants to move there so that they can get money from the gov't coz theirs no job available for the region so gov't can't find them a job, so they loved staying there doing nothing and just go to Centrelink. If they sponsor foreigners they can abused them they will be working 80 hours a week but only get paid for 40 hours and you can't complain coz you want to keep your PR. if they hire locals they don't last and they keep on training people every month that's no good in business and they are lazy they have no motivation like us because we want to stay we do everything. 

29 minutes ago, 27May2016 said:

In addition, I've been to a regional so I can say I know what's happening first hand. Some people wants to move there so that they can get money from the gov't coz theirs no job available for the region so gov't can't find them a job, so they loved staying there doing nothing and just go to Centrelink. If they sponsor foreigners they can abused them they will be working 80 hours a week but only get paid for 40 hours and you can't complain coz you want to keep your PR. if they hire locals they don't last and they keep on training people every month that's no good in business and they are lazy they have no motivation like us because we want to stay we do everything. 

That's truely right. However, you can't avoid this situation no matter what policy that you are going to establish , unless there is a immigration staff monitor this area for 24 hrs which is not realistic. It really depends on your luck that to have a good boss. 

No pain no gain. It is a delimma situation

7 minutes ago, yuderdc said:

A Chinese 187DE applicant just got PR today. She submitted application in last April. It looks like immi has started working on April applicants now.

It is good to hear. But I think they r processing really slow.

thank you for your news which cheer everyone up.

I have got reply from ombudsman the officer said as the timeline is 14 months he cant investigate but he can do after I crossed 14 months.. If there is somebody who is waiting for more than 14 months can go for ombudsman..I think it will help

1 hour ago, sandy11 said:

I have got reply from ombudsman the officer said as the timeline is 14 months he cant investigate but he can do after I crossed 14 months.. If there is somebody who is waiting for more than 14 months can go for ombudsman..I think it will help

Is that 14 months from lodging nom and visa?

might as well see if I can give them a try. I've just crossed 14 months. 

How long did ombudsman take to respond?

and do you have their contact details?

Hi everyone,

I' m secret follower in this forum, thought that will share my timeline with you guys. 187 DE, dental  technician. 

Nomination applied 17/10/2016

Nomination approved 27/10/2016

Visa applied 10/11/2016

Additional document requested 17/05/2017

They asked some company financial documents and my Australian police clearance, what MA forgot to upload.  I' m lucky because they opened my application after 6 months, I was totally surprised, obviously they have some kind of occupation list what they follow and process faster. 

Is that 14 months from lodging nom and visa?
might as well see if I can give them a try. I've just crossed 14 months. 
How long did ombudsman take to respond?
and do you have their contact details?

Hi
It was quick I have just lodged complaint yesterday night and this evng I got email from them. U just google commonwealth ombudsman it is very easy to find them.Yes the officer said because the processing time is 14 months so I cant investigate until u cross 14 months timeline , after that u send us complaint again.
Anyways whts ur timeline nd occupation?

Sent from my iPhone using Poms in Oz mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
I' m secret follower in this forum, thought that will share my timeline with you guys. 187 DE, dental  technician. 
Nomination applied 17/10/2016
Nomination approved 27/10/2016
Visa applied 10/11/2016
Additional document requested 17/05/2017
They asked some company financial documents and my Australian police clearance, what MA forgot to upload.  I' m lucky because they opened my application after 6 months, I was totally surprised, obviously they have some kind of occupation list what they follow and process faster. 

Congrats mate

Sent from my iPhone using Poms in Oz mobile app powered by Tapatalk