Rcb already approved 

waiting..........

Hi there

nomination and visa Applied :25Th Feb 2018

Immi staus:still received 

no update yet

good luck to everyone 🤞

Hi Guys,

I couldn't stop myself to join this forum. However I always wanted to join it on my visa approval but never mind.

Here is my timeline

Visa and Nomination applied : 30th Jan 2018

Just wanted to share something .. I applied my file through MA but I added my new born daughter myself for free.. My MA told me to pay $550(MA fee for preparing application) and $850(DIBP fee )

I rang DIBP and they told me the process. I searched a bit on website as well and found everything. DIBP doesn't charge any fee for newborn babies. There is only one form to fill (Form 1022)

The fee I paid was only for her passport and birth registration certificate which I need it anyway. I want to help my fellow friends who are in the same situation. Don't waste your money and don't believe on MA blindly.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harvinder said:

Hi there

nomination and visa Applied :25Th Feb 2018

Immi staus:still received 

no update yet

good luck to everyone 🤞

same occupation and  applied on 22 Feb 2018, still received.

Hi guys,

I've being a silent follower for the past months. Yesterday I've received the so called "Golden Email"!!! 

Office Manager / QLD / DirectEntry

RCB, Nomination and VISA applied on 30/06/2017

RCB approved in 4 months

Nomination and VISA approved on the same day 08/05/19 without any request. 

I've being uploading docs now and then without immigration request:

-PCC and Medical Exam in March. 

-Company financial details in March

-Company financial details in May

So when the CO checked my application he decided to approve everything at once without any request. 

Thank God! 

Thank you guys for posting your details here, it has helped me during the hard waiting moments I've faced.

Good luck to you all!!! 

Best feeling ever!!!!!!

• Congratulations 3

On 09/05/2019 at 07:55, Wonderingaloud said:

Yes but he will not be working in a regional area. And no maybe not all 187’s are entirely equal based on the different ways you can attain one, but essentially the overarching obligation they ALL carry is that the nominated person agrees to:

• Remain employed with your nominating employer IN REGIONAL AUSTRALIA  for a minimum of 2 years

This is from immigration home affairs official website. 

Furthermore, the clue is in the title- it’s a RSMS visa, the ‘R’ standing for regional so there absolutely is a difference between this and the other PR visas. 

A quick google search brought up a number of websites from MARA registered agents which started state clearly in their own way:

‘ RSMS visa enjoys great concession than ENS visa however the RSMS visa is subject to cancellation if the employee does not remain in the regional area or working for the employer for a minimum of 2 years’.

It doesn’t matter what the visa conditions state, it’s an obligation you made when you applied for the visa and as such, the department reserves the right to cancel it if it feels the employer has not met the conditions. 

Having said that, the department may waiver this requirement at their own discretion and so keeping the department informed is absolutely the right thing to do. 

It’s like the state sponsored visas which are being cancelled by the department for people who have gotten the visa and then moved to another state. Yes, they have PR but they too made a commitment to work in the nominating state and didn’t. There are a number of posts about this on the general forums. 

Given his employer is still in a regional area, he might be ok, but you said it yourself- it’s a grey area. Therefore, for clarity, consulting a registered agent would be advisable.

I think it’s irresponsbibe to say ‘if you have your visa, your case is closed’. 

However, here is another point. Exactly WHEN your time starts. i applied in june 2016 and my full time contrart stats with business from 1st feb 2017 and got my visa in nov 2018. Yes i was agreed to work with employeer for two years. But that time finish in feb 2019. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paco said:

Hi guys,

I've being a silent follower for the past months. Yesterday I've received the so called "Golden Email"!!! 

Office Manager / QLD / DirectEntry

RCB, Nomination and VISA applied on 30/06/2017

RCB approved in 4 months

Nomination and VISA approved on the same day 08/05/19 without any request. 

I've being uploading docs now and then without immigration request:

-PCC and Medical Exam in March. 

-Company financial details in March

-Company financial details in May

So when the CO checked my application he decided to approve everything at once without any request. 

Thank God! 

Thank you guys for posting your details here, it has helped me during the hard waiting moments I've faced.

Good luck to you all!!! 

Best feeling ever!!!!!!

First of all congratulations to you.

can I please know what is size of company  you got sponsored through and how many employees does it have working under your position?

thansk again 

23 minutes ago, Deza said:

However, here is another point. Exactly WHEN your time starts. i applied in june 2016 and my full time contrart stats with business from 1st feb 2017 and got my visa in nov 2018. Yes i was agreed to work with employeer for two years. But that time finish in feb 2019

No, it’s 2 years from the visa grant.

Your 2 years is up in Nov 2020. 

4 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

No, it’s 2 years from the visa grant.

Your 2 years is up in Nov 2020. 

187 used to be finalized within a month, now has increased to 2 years. What matters is how much you have worked for the regional sponsor in total, full-time. 

I’m not 100% sure, though a number of websites from Mara registered agents say it’s from the date of visa grant. Furthermore someone did actually quote what their agent had said earlier in this thread and they said it was from the date of the visa grant too.

I personally wouldn’t chance it. It might be unlikely the visa would be cancelled, but given the way immigration is going who knows what will be enforced down the line?

At the end of the day that’s my best guess based on information available to me on the net, but I haven’t read the intricacies of immigration law and neither has anyone else posting on this thread so I’d take all the advice with a pinch of salt. My advice is still to run it by a registered agent, who theoretically should know what they are talking about.

16 hours ago, Tosh14 said:

Hi Guys,

I couldn't stop myself to join this forum. However I always wanted to join it on my visa approval but never mind.

Here is my timeline

Visa and Nomination applied : 30th Jan 2018

Just wanted to share something .. I applied my file through MA but I added my new born daughter myself for free.. My MA told me to pay $550(MA fee for preparing application) and $850(DIBP fee )

I rang DIBP and they told me the process. I searched a bit on website as well and found everything. DIBP doesn't charge any fee for newborn babies. There is only one form to fill (Form 1022)

The fee I paid was only for her passport and birth registration certificate which I need it anyway. I want to help my fellow friends who are in the same situation. Don't waste your money and don't believe on MA blindly.

Yes you’re definitely right. Most agents just want more money from clients. 

3 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

I’m not 100% sure, though a number of websites from Mara registered agents say it’s from the date of visa grant. Furthermore someone did actually quote what their agent had said earlier in this thread and they said it was from the date of the visa grant too.

I personally wouldn’t chance it. It might be unlikely the visa would be cancelled, but given the way immigration is going who knows what will be enforced down the line?

At the end of the day that’s my best guess based on information available to me on the net, but I haven’t read the intricacies of immigration law and neither has anyone else posting on this thread so I’d take all the advice with a pinch of salt. My advice is still to run it by a registered agent, who theoretically should know what they are talking about.

To be honest most registered MA don't know what the rules are and how they apply in different circumstances. I can say this because I have been to several MA for advise but most of them knew less than what I know and when I challenged them on certain points the only response they had was they will get back to me. Most of the stuff that @MilaMocha said it correct including "no point informing immigration coz they would only stand to say that we hold the rights to cancel your visa. See what @Tosh14 said about his MA wanting him to pay extra. I had the same experience 2 years ago when I applied for my daughters visa after she was born here, I not only got her visa without any fee but also got it without a passport and medicals, her visa grant letter had passport number as NIL. So far all my visas have been done by my self without any MA's help the only reason I went to them is to see if there is something different that I don't know. As said everything is not black and white there is a lot of grey areas. My present visa I am the main applicant and one MA told me that my partner needs to give IELTS too when I told them that any secondary applicant does not need to give IELTS if they have an Australian qualifications which is been achieved over a 2year period onshore, they said they will have to check and get back, after one day they told me I'm right my partner does not need to give IELTS. The other point someone else noted that check what your MA is doing and what documents they submitted because many MA are lying and not doing their job properly - this is the same reason why some MA's are getting deregister and migrating themselves to other countries after taking your money though 😂😂😂

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mark23 said:

To be honest most registered MA don't know what the rules are and how they apply in different circumstances. I can say this because I have been to several MA for advise but most of them knew less than what I know and when I challenged them on certain points the only response they had was they will get back to me. Most of the stuff that @MilaMocha said it correct including "no point informing immigration coz they would only stand to say that we hold the rights to cancel your visa. See what @Tosh14 said about his MA wanting him to pay extra. I had the same experience 2 years ago when I applied for my daughters visa after she was born here, I not only got her visa without any fee but also got it without a passport and medicals, her visa grant letter had passport number as NIL. So far all my visas have been done by my self without any MA's help the only reason I went to them is to see if there is something different that I don't know. As said everything is not black and white there is a lot of grey areas. My present visa I am the main applicant and one MA told me that my partner needs to give IELTS too when I told them that any secondary applicant does not need to give IELTS if they have an Australian qualifications which is been achieved over a 2year period onshore, they said they will have to check and get back, after one day they told me I'm right my partner does not need to give IELTS. The other point someone else noted that check what your MA is doing and what documents they submitted because many MA are lying and not doing their job properly - this is the same reason why some MA's are getting deregister and migrating themselves to other countries after taking your money though 😂😂😂

I had similar experience regarding the IELTS part. I am the secondary applicant and our Agent told me I will have to pay $4000+ at time of application to satisfy the English requirement. He knew I had Australian education and certification, which I enrolled into with satisfactory Academic IELTS scores.

At time of application this was no longer valid (over 3 years old) and I guess this is what confused him. I then explained I can use my Diploma as proof. Worst case scenario I should have been asked to retake the IELTS, not pay for it. Why should someone who has had the Academic IELTS once pay over 4k for something they can retake for $300?

It's easy for Agents to throw out numbers as it's not them making and paying the money.

My advice is to always, ALWAYS, do your own research, and triple check whatever you've been told/advised/asked by your Agent.

Edited by MilaMocha
typo
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, mark23 said:

I think you get good and bad in every profession tbh. I should have said reputable migration agent. There seems to be a few on here. I did all my visas myself but there are things I didn’t know, that immigration doesn’t tell you because that information is not freely available on their website. Even immigration themselves have insurance because of the bad advice they give out to people, and their cover is always ‘you should have used an agent’. 

It surprises me how many people take advice from unknown people on a forum that could have massive ramifications for them in the future. If you have the time to do your own research then great, but it’s also knowing what information is trustworthy and what isn’t. I wouldn’t know where to start if I had to look at clauses and sub clauses in immigration law. 

• Like 1

I was actually just about to share this as my next topic on my MA what mark23 has said.

My MA asked my partner's IELTS twice. Once while lodging the application in 2018 and again in 2019 when I provided her more documents to upload . She wants me to inform her if my partner is appearing for IELTS or paying VAC . 

I again searched a bit on immi website about English exemptions and found any secondary applicant does not need IELTS if they have 2year onshore Australian degree. When I asked this to my MA through an email. She did not replied me back. When I gave her a call second time. She didn't talked to me. She actually didn't talked to me since she has received my daughter's bridging visa 187 directly from DIBP without knowing anything. Now I had received an email from her assistant about providing evidence of qualifications but they had still not given me an answer in yes or no.

I am at that stage where I cannot afford to change my MA but I really want to or fight myself if in case my file opens. I am working in a regional area where it is very dangerous to live. My house has been broken in twice and robbed. All my valuables/jewellery/laptop/purse/cards/overseas driver's license  was stolen when I moved to regional area in 2018. This area is considered as high drug addicts area. I am scared each day here besides of this fact I would get 187 grant or not ?. I was not aware about the area when I moved and when I discussed this with my MA she did not replied me back. She ignored my email completely. Seems like she don't care.

If I spend 24months waiting here for 187 visa grant and gets a refusal it will be very disheartening for me. I lost everything already. I am just living on a hope of visa grant now.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tosh14 said:

I was actually just about to share this as my next topic on my MA what mark23 has said.

My MA asked my partner's IELTS twice. Once while lodging the application in 2018 and again in 2019 when I provided her more documents to upload . She wants me to inform her if my partner is appearing for IELTS or paying VAC . 

I again searched a bit on immi website about English exemptions and found any secondary applicant does not need IELTS if they have 2year onshore Australian degree. When I asked this to my MA through an email. She did not replied me back. When I gave her a call second time. She didn't talked to me. She actually didn't talked to me since she has received my daughter's bridging visa 187 directly from DIBP without knowing anything. Now I had received an email from her assistant about providing evidence of qualifications but they had still not given me an answer in yes or no.

I am at that stage where I cannot afford to change my MA but I really want to or fight myself if in case my file opens. I am working in a regional area where it is very dangerous to live. My house has been broken in twice and robbed. All my valuables/jewellery/laptop/purse/cards/overseas driver's license  was stolen when I moved to regional area in 2018. This area is considered as high drug addicts area. I am scared each day here besides of this fact I would get 187 grant or not ?. I was not aware about the area when I moved and when I discussed this with my MA she did not replied me back. She ignored my email completely. Seems like she don't care.

If I spend 24months waiting here for 187 visa grant and gets a refusal it will be very disheartening for me. I lost everything already. I am just living on a hope of visa grant now.

Sorry to hear about this... losing valuables is bad but what's worse is getting Ur laptop and documents stolen. I really feel sad and angry to hear about this. But getting back to your topic, your MA must be embarrassed that you've done a better job than her that's why she is not replying or answering your calls. If your wife/partner has an Australian qualifications which is done over a 2 year period that qualifies her to meet the minimum requirements for English exemption.

31 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

I think you get good and bad in every profession tbh. I should have said reputable migration agent. There seems to be a few on here. I did all my visas myself but there are things I didn’t know, that immigration doesn’t tell you because that information is not freely available on their website. Even immigration themselves have insurance because of the bad advice they give out to people, and their cover is always ‘you should have used an agent’. 

It surprises me how many people take advice from unknown people on a forum that could have massive ramifications for them in the future. If you have the time to do your own research then great, but it’s also knowing what information is trustworthy and what isn’t. I wouldn’t know where to start if I had to look at clauses and sub clauses in immigration law. 

This forum is here to share similar experiences and ask questions regarding the same scenarios - now it's an open platform where everyone will have an opinion - it's up to the individual to take the advice and do some research on that to see if it stacks up....if they are just heading in blindly then they are fools. I agree with you on the fact that immigration gives bad advice one of my friend called up to ask on the status of his wife's application, this is the reply he got back. "Tell her to cancel her application and reapply from here" this person who was talking to my friend over the phone is so lucky to be working for immigration because he clearly lacks basic common sense in order to apply from within the country you first need to be here. How some of these people get these jobs I really wonder.