187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Cancellation of Regional Sponsored Visas

The reasons why RSMS visas are canceled.
First off, section 137Q of the Migration Act 1958 empowers the DIBP to cancel RSMS visas (subclass 187) under certain circumstances.Ā  But two reasons stand out among the many as to why such visas are canceled.Ā  These are:

you do not start working in your nominated position within six months from the date of the granting of the visa, or you fail to convince the DIBP that you have made a genuine effort to start working in the position you are supposed to undertake within six months after entering the country.

you start employment but you terminate it within the first two years and you fail to satisfy the DIBP as to your effort to remain in your sponsored job for the prescribed two years.

How Can the DIBP know?

In most cases, your employer serves as the trusted source of the immigration people in finding out that you have been remiss in observing the stipulations on your visa.Ā  They will be the one to inform the proper authorities that you either fail to commence employment or you end your employment before you have completed the prescribed two-year length of service.
Apart from your employer, the other sources of information of the DIBP may include other government departments and line agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission,Ā Centrelink,Ā Australian Taxation OfficeĀ and others.
As a visa holder, you are not obliged to inform the Department about the termination of your employment.Ā  Hence, itā€™s the government agency tasked to oversee the status of non-citizens living in the country that would determine your case.

Hi guys,

I have finally received my golden email.. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤©Ā It took exactly 22months. I have no words to explain how I feel atm and the battle is finally over with a happy ending. Congratulations for everyone who hasĀ already got their permanent residency!!Ā Also, IĀ wish everyone else who got their visa or nomination refusedĀ to be able to find a path to get their permanent residenceĀ soon...

I will share my timeframe down below.Ā 

State: ACT

OnshoreĀ 

Nomination applied - March, 2017

Visa applied - Jan, 2018

(Didn't hv few documents at the time to lodge nomination and visa together)

Nomination approved -Ā Oct, 2018

"Visa granted - 16th of Jan, 2019"

Best of luck everyone!!!! Thanks for everyone who emotionallyĀ supported each other by sharing their info. and giving others a hope!!!

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 4

Hi all,

My MA updated my AFP and overseas police check but failed to upload original document for this last document (she submitted English translation only), It was uploaded today out of the 28 days given(3Ā days out of time). Should this represent a problem?

50 minutes ago, Mochita said:

Hi all,

My MA updated my AFP and overseas police check but failed to upload original document for this last document (she submitted English translation only), It was uploaded today out of the 28 days given(3Ā days out of time). Should this represent a problem?

What is your occupation and timeline?

6 hours ago, Ish90 said:

Hi guys,

I have finally received my golden email.. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤©Ā It took exactly 22months. I have no words to explain how I feel atm and the battle is finally over with a happy ending. Congratulations for everyone who hasĀ already got their permanent residency!!Ā Also, IĀ wish everyone else who got their visa or nomination refusedĀ to be able to find a path to get their permanent residenceĀ soon...

I will share my timeframe down below.Ā 

State: ACT

OnshoreĀ 

Nomination applied - March, 2017

Visa applied - Jan, 2018

(Didn't hv few documents at the time to lodge nomination and visa together)

Nomination approved -Ā Oct, 2018

"Visa granted - 16th of Jan, 2019"

Best of luck everyone!!!! Thanks for everyone who emotionallyĀ supported each other by sharing their info. and giving others a hope!!!

Ā 

Congratulations Ish..So happy for you.

• Like 1

Hi all . I have been a silent follower for a long time . it is time for me to share my story .

visa and RBC lodge at the same time in Dec 2016 . RBC approved Dec 2016Ā .

Family of 4 . I came with my wife and my two sons .

Office manager , 7 workers include 4 full time .

QLD , LR country .

after 6Ā months my boss discover he has brain cancer , and decide to sell the company . the company was sold within 2 months to a bigger company with 60 workers . Since we are not doing exactly the same thing . the business is divided into 4 sections . It is a bit complicated . We are like a company inside a company . I still manage the previous company plus 50% of anĀ other section . So I am in charge of 18 workers . I have increase the turnover of 40% last year . But my new boss is very ambitious and demanding . A lot of pressure , stress and tensions with the other managers turn the work condition into HELL .Ā Sep 2017 ,Ā Immigration contact my MA to uploadĀ Ā new ABN , bass , ect ... from the new company . Since then , no news .

It has been now 25 months I am waiting desperately . Can't make any plan for the future like , buy a house , new car ect... Being on bridging visa so long turn the situation complicated and troublesome . My two sons are now going in university . It is hard to fill up their applications as the Uni administration is asking a lot of informations about their status : citizen , resident or international student . but it doesn't exist bridging visa status on the applications . So ???? What can I do . My MA said " nothing can do , just have to wait " . But My Patient reachs it's limit . Stress is at it max , going crazy and can't focus on my work properly . Don't know what to do . Fell like I have been forgotten .Ā Your help would be appreciate .

Congrat to all that have got their visa so quick . And hope that all the others visa waitingĀ from 2016 and 2017 will get their visa very soon .

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Tuamotu 2016 said:

Hi all . I have been a silent follower for a long time . it is time for me to share my story .

QLD , LR country .

after 6Ā months my boss discover he has brain cancer , and decide to sell the company . the company was sold within 2 months to a bigger company with 60 workers . Since we are not doing exactly the same thing . the business is divided into 4 sections . It is a bit complicated . We are like a company inside a company . I still manage the previous company plus 50% of anĀ other section . So I am in charge of 18 workers . I have increase the turnover of 40% last year . But my new boss is very ambitious and demanding . A lot of pressure , stress and tensions with the other managers turn the work condition into HELL .Ā Sep 2017 ,Ā Immigration contact my MA to uploadĀ Ā new ABN , bass , ect ... from the new company . Since then , no news .

It has been now 25 months I am waiting desperately . Can't make any plan for the future like , buy a house , new car ect... Being on bridging visa so long turn the situation complicated and troublesome . My two sons are now going in university . It is hard to fill up their applications as the Uni administration is asking a lot of informations about their status : citizen , resident or international student . but it doesn't exist bridging visa status on the applications . So ???? What can I do . My MA said " nothing can do , just have to wait " . But My Patient reachs it's limit . Stress is at it max , going crazy and can't focus on my work properly . Don't know what to do . Fell like I have been forgotten .Ā Your help would be appreciate .

Congrat to all that have got their visa so quick . And hope that all the others visa waitingĀ from 2016 and 2017 will get their visa very soon .

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Did you ring Immi to ask what's happening?

4 hours ago, Tuamotu 2016 said:

QLD , LR country .

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

First call immi, however, you will get the same response "Just wait". the send an email (the same email address you received the request letter from) to immi ask for MANUAL RESPONSE, this is something different not many people know. which means they have to physically look into your file and send a push notification to the relevant department because you have crossed the wait time bracket. If this still doesn't work then there is another way which is bit risky but definitelyĀ works,Ā is complain to fair work ombudsman.Ā 

Hi guys I just received nomination approved just wondering if I have received nomination approval what is the chance of getting the visa ? Have been waiting so long. Uncertain of everythingā€™s.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

187 de onshore SAĀ 

Visa and nomination may 2017. Ā Nomination approved jan 2019.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kkkkk said:

Hi guys I just received nomination approved just wondering if I have received nomination approval what is the chance of getting the visa ? Have been waiting so long. Uncertain of everythingā€™s.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

187 de onshore SAĀ 

Please share your timeline and occupationĀ 

12 minutes ago, Kkkkk said:

Ā 

Ā 

187 de onshore SAĀ 

Visa chances 95%.Ā 

9 hours ago, Tuamotu 2016 said:

QLD , LR country .

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hi there,Ā 

youā€™re not alone.. Iā€™m waiting from 29 Nov 2016, still no news. My MA also said I should be wait.. Fighting! Everything will be šŸ‘ŒšŸ» ok!!Ā 

Hey guysĀ 

Got myĀ visa 187 In octĀ 2018 and soon after business was closed due to some employer issues ! So couldnā€™t start work at all ! Also iĀ was working there before my visa got approvedĀ 

I contacted him and told him I am happy toĀ work if same business openĀ againĀ ! But nothing happened. So now what can I do ! There are not much jobs here, I searched jobs forĀ 3 months,Ā itā€™s hard to survive without job , canā€™t plan anythingĀ 

Can Ā I move to any other city? Like Sydney or Melbourne?Ā 

Please Ā I really need some good advice.

13 minutes ago, Rajat Babbar said:

In your mind..
In your head..
Before sleeping..
Driving..
Alone..
Writing..
Cooking..
Walking..
JUST REPEAT THIS LINE.
Either by saying to the sky or
Saying inside to your soul.

See if magic happens..

Have faith in God 54ec0ddb92023aa81a36c052475cbf89.jpg

Wow Rajat. Fortunately i do the same thing everydayšŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»šŸ˜Š Our guardian angels are watching and listening our prayers every single second. Our golden emails are on the way.šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ» We are OZ. God bless all of us.šŸ™šŸ»

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Manshu said:

Hey guysĀ 

Got myĀ visa 187 In octĀ 2018 and soon after business was closed due to some employer issues ! So couldnā€™t start work at all ! Also iĀ was working there before my visa got approvedĀ 

I contacted him and told him I am happy toĀ work if same business openĀ againĀ ! But nothing happened. So now what can I do ! There are not much jobs here, I searched jobs forĀ 3 months,Ā itā€™s hard to survive without job , canā€™t plan anythingĀ 

Can Ā I move to any other city? Like Sydney or Melbourne?Ā 

Please Ā I really need some good advice.

What is your occupation. What kind of business? How long did u work before business closed? Which regional area are you?Ā  Do you have proof that you have been actively looking for a job in the same area? Why Melbourne and Sydney? Why not another regional area?