ENS 186 Nomination Question

ShaunR6883

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone can help me with my question? 

My manager lodged my ENS 186 nomination in March this year. I also lodged my visa application a couple of days after (without using a migration agent). My problem is that my manager is never around at the moment as he is so busy with business meetings and overseas trips, so I never see him to ask if he has had any news on the nomination application.

My question is, is there a way to view the nomination progress through my IMMI account? All I see is my visa application. I have tried emailing and texting my manager but I don't want to sound too pushy!

I know it's only been a few months but I'm worried that if anything goes wrong with the nomination I will lose my fee. Would I hear something through my email about the decision of the nomination?

Also everyone seems to be using agents, am I the only person not? It was purely a financial reason why I chose not to use one, hope it doesn't back fire on me???

Thanks

Shaun

11 hours ago, ShaunR6883 said:

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone can help me with my question? 

My manager lodged my ENS 186 nomination in March this year. I also lodged my visa application a couple of days after (without using a migration agent). My problem is that my manager is never around at the moment as he is so busy with business meetings and overseas trips, so I never see him to ask if he has had any news on the nomination application.

My question is, is there a way to view the nomination progress through my IMMI account? All I see is my visa application. I have tried emailing and texting my manager but I don't want to sound too pushy!

Your employer will need to give you permission to access their IMMI account.

I know it's only been a few months but I'm worried that if anything goes wrong with the nomination I will lose my fee. Would I hear something through my email about the decision of the nomination?

This is a genuine concern. If the Department requests further information, they will have a tine limit to respond (usually 28 days). If they do not respond and provide further information, the application may be refused. If the nomination is refused, the visa will also be refused.

Also everyone seems to be using agents, am I the only person not? It was purely a financial reason why I chose not to use one, hope it doesn't back fire on me???

Much of my work of late if trying to fix DIY applications.

The issue is usually with the nomination as employers do not understand the requirements and often become frustrated with the process and dealing with the Department.

I hope all goes well, but do try to get permission to access the Immi account for the nomination.

• Like 1

Thanks Raul for your input. I will certainly try and get permission to access his Immi account. I had no idea about the 28 days thing!

VERYSTORMY.....I went through the nomination part with my manager and he seemed to know what he was doing, I did mention using an agent but he said there was no need. Let's just hope he was right. I know he did my 457 nomination without an agent and he didn't have any problems with that one.

Ok so I finally got a phone call from my boss this morning. He told me that he logged into his Immi account and the application to sponsor me is no longer there! He can't find it and he says that he has had no contact from the department. He is going to try and ring them tomorrow morning.

Can anyone tell me what this means as I am very worried now!

I was next to him when we submitted the application and it gave us a reference number which I then needed to start my application?

• 1 month later...
On 11/09/2017 at 02:19, ShaunR6883 said:

Hi. Yes it's all sorted now. He had to fill out a few forms and a week later the application was now showing. 

Just playing the waiting game now! Still saying "Received" 

Which visa u applied and when did u apply ??? We applied on 18 May both nomination and visa 186 transition visa ens

10 minutes ago, Waris said:

Which visa u applied and when did u apply ??? We applied on 18 May both nomination and visa 186 transition visa ens

Applied for the 186 ENS. Submitted the nomination 29/03/17 and lodged visa application 30/03/17. My occupation is Motor Mechanic. Hoping to hear something soon, fingers crossed it's good news. Good luck with your's 

21 minutes ago, ShaunR6883 said:

Applied for the 186 ENS. Submitted the nomination 29/03/17 and lodged visa application 30/03/17. My occupation is Motor Mechanic. Hoping to hear something soon, fingers crossed it's good news. Good luck with your's 

Yes we applied for ens186 visa for motor mechanic .. we applied nomination and visa on 17. /05/2017.. it's saying recieved since then .. one of my friend same as our occupation applied in sep 2016and they got their pr approved in march 2017.. so Exact 6 months .. I jus hope yours will come in this month .. stay in touch so we can inform each other for updates

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Waris said:

Yes we applied for ens186 visa for motor mechanic .. we applied nomination and visa on 17. /05/2017.. it's saying recieved since then .. one of my friend same as our occupation applied in sep 2016and they got their pr approved in march 2017.. so Exact 6 months .. I jus hope yours will come in this month .. stay in touch so we can inform each other for updates

Will do, thanks for the info.

• Thanks 1