Terror attack at Finsbury Park Mosque

simmo

37 minutes ago, simmo said:

This man is a tiny minority, I know many white van drivers (I was once one) and this man was not a TRUE white van driver.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/19/finsbury-park-suspect-had-abused-muslim-neighbour/

Now, I know quite a few of you on here are a few spanners short of a toolbox, so we will take it slow.

The cause of this attack was the London bridge attack.

This was a direct response to the London bridge attack.

That doesn't justify it.

It doesn't excuse it.

It doesn't mean it's okay.

It just means that without London bridge, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Just like if we hadn't completely destabilised the middle East in our quest for oil, then this wouldn't have happened.

So endeth the lesson.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, newjez said:

It's not surprising. Even on here the amount of hatred after London was hard to take. There were many calls for retribution. I guess if you went on any hard-line website, they would have been building themselves up into a frenzy.

It means that it takes police resources into combating other sorts of terrorism. But these people don't care. They don't do this to save lives. They do it for retribution. They want the violence to escalate. Let's hope they don't turn us into northern Ireland.

What a nasty little person you are newjez! I'm from Northern Ireland and we are certainly not like that, so pull your head in buddy.

Every society has it's problems and the vast majority of people are peace loving. Don't judge any society by the bad things carried out by some evil people in their midst. The violence being carried out in England at present is to be condemned, as it should be in other countries as well. Above all, respect for one another is of most importance at the present time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, newjez said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/19/finsbury-park-suspect-had-abused-muslim-neighbour/

Now, I know quite a few of you on here are a few spanners short of a toolbox, so we will take it slow.

That doesn't justify it.

It doesn't excuse it.

Just like if we hadn't completely destabilised the middle East in our quest for oil, then this wouldn't have happened.

So endeth the lesson.

Comedy post of the year,

no excuses

BUT,

if we hadn't destabilised the middle East, then this wouldn't have happened.

53 minutes ago, aussiederek said:

What a nasty little person you are newjez! I'm from Northern Ireland and we are certainly not like that, so pull your head in buddy.

Every society has it's problems and the vast majority of people are peace loving. Don't judge any society by the bad things carried out by some evil people in their midst. The violence being carried out in England at present is to be condemned, as it should be in other countries as well. Above all, respect for one another is of most importance at the present time.

That's not what I meant.

I meant bring the troubles of NI to England. I'm sure all of Ireland is lovely, and I hope to visit one day.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, newjez said:

In the context it was written?

I take your point re context, but I think you should be mindful of how that could be understood by a reader. I felt it was a cheap shot at Northern Ireland. I could say I hope Northern Ireland doesn't become like England considering what is happening there. How would you feel about that?

Edited by aussiederek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, amibovered said:

Comedy post of the year,

no excuses

BUT,

if we hadn't destabilised the middle East, then this wouldn't have happened.

So, the destabilising of the middle East has somehow curbed terrorism? Please explain.

18 minutes ago, newjez said:

That's not what I meant.

I meant bring the troubles of NI to England. I'm sure all of Ireland is lovely, and I hope to visit one day.

I do know what you meant newjez, let's hope that the tit for tat we experienced in NI years ago doesn't raise it's ugly head in GB. That was left behind in NI a long time ago! I do hope you visit Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland some day. I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aussiederek said:

I do know what you meant newjez, let's hope that the tit for tat we experienced in NI years ago doesn't raise it's ugly head in GB. That was left behind in NI a long time ago! I do hope you visit Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland some day. I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

Hey mate,

Welcome back.  It was a poor comment, partiularly in light of the peace on the Island of the last 20 years.  Probably would have been relevant in the NI of the 70's and 80s (unfortunately).

To be fair to Newjez his comments are normally reasonably balanced and don't show any prejudice.  I don't think any offence was intened and he did row it back when you raised it as offensive to you.

I think it was more clumsy than deliberately offensive.

1 minute ago, Collie said:

Hey mate,

Welcome back.  It was a poor comment, partiularly in light of the peace on the Island of the last 20 years.  Probably would have been relevant in the NI of the 70's and 80s (unfortunately).

To be fair to Newjez his comments are normally reasonably balanced and don't show any prejudice.  I don't think any offence was intened and he did row it back when you raised it as offensive to you.

I think it was more clumsy than deliberately offensive.

I did reply to newjez and I hope expressed that I did understand what he meant. Also saying that I hoped he would visit Ireland, north and south, one day. So I think that's all good now.

On the other hand, I find that NI is an easy target for many people to express what is bad and I find that offensive. Call it being oversensitive if you like, but as I have already said how would people feel if I said I hoped NI wouldn't become like England, considering what has been sadly happening there lately?

Yeah - I get it,

I very much hope Ireland - (north and south) doesn't become like England either in more than the ways that you mean (although - we'd probably take the NHS, the train systems and their beer prices :) )

Be interested in your thoughts on the election outcome given that the DUP are so prominent now (perhaps in the elction thread).

My parents made their first trip to Belfast recently, loved city hall and the titantic exhibition. 

On 6/19/2017 at 13:44, Sunset said:

This is the white van man who killed an innocent human being and injured so many others, this world is so crazy lately.

Footage shows the alleged driver of the van being arrested at the scene and bundled into a police van - he screamed 'kill me' in the hope witnesses to his Islamophobic attack would seek retribution so what's his excuse, mental state - drunk - easily lead ?

Stupid white man, clean shaven. Prone to racism. Can't differentiate between truth and hate filled lies. Gets drunk regularly.

A man who clearly has mental health issues, however, he is also a terrorist, because if you have the capacity to drive a car into innocent victims with intent to harm then you are a terrorist Unfortunately,  the current situation will provoke mentally unstable people from every spectrum and this isn't going to end.

Just now, Phoenix16 said:

A man who clearly has mental health issues, however, he is also a terrorist, because if you have the capacity to drive a car into innocent victims with intent to harm then you are a terrorist Unfortunately,  the current situation will provoke mentally unstable people from every spectrum and this isn't going to end.

and to clarify I regard the Jihadi's as mentally unstable

10 hours ago, newjez said:

That doesn't justify it.

It doesn't excuse it.

So endeth the lesson.

I think you are being narrow minded, it was a complete nutter who is renowned for marital abuse, alcohol/drug abuse, decided to do a stupid, horrific, reckless thing, its not a sign of public feeling, but unfortunately its something we may have to deal with ongoing, and how sad is that xxxxx

• Like 2

5 hours ago, newjez said:

In the context it was written?

Ive just had a go at your long comment but i do get annoyed at references to Ireland, by gawd i nearly vomit today listening to Jerry Adams complete diatribe, what a joke of a man, what a SHAME of a man...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Stupid white man, clean shaven. Prone to racism. Can't differentiate between truth and hate filled lies. Gets drunk regularly.

what does his colour have to do with anything? are you a racist?

• Like 1