Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

Several people were killed after two explosions at Manchester Arena at the end of an Ariana Grande gig tonight.  

Video footage showed people fleeing in tears from the venue after reports of bangs immediately after the concert finished.

Bloodied concertgoers were pictured being helped by emergency services outside the gig and armed police were seen patrolling the arena.  

Evie Brewster, who attended the concert, told MailOnline: 'Ariana Grange had just finished her last song and left the stage when a huge explosion sounded.

'Suddenly everybody started screaming and running for the exit.

People attending the concert by Ariana Grande fled in panic on hearing the noises - some in tears

Manchester police have confirmed fatalities.  Sounds truly awful.  

There has been NO confirmation of a bomb, however.  Seems likely given the size of the explosion but it has not been confirmed yet.  Also there has been mention of gunshots being heard but no confirmation of that either. 

That was a controlled explosion and it turned out to be a pile of clothes, not a bomb.

If this does turn out to be an attack, then it's very concerning.  There have been a few lone nut jobs with cars/trucks/knives but making a bomb is a level of sophistication which suggests an organisation, not a loner. 

Edited by robfromdublin

1 hour ago, Parley said:

It was a suicide bomber according to news reports Flag, not a balloon popping.

Your getting me mixed up with another fellow again. Same good looks no doubt but please mind on the matter at hand. Yes it increasingly looks to be a bomb. Very sad if this ort of thing is going to be the future in European homelands.(to put it mildly)

1 hour ago, robfromdublin said:

That was a controlled explosion and it turned out to be a pile of clothes, not a bomb.

If this does turn out to be an attack, then it's very concerning.  There have been a few lone nut jobs with cars/trucks/knives but making a bomb is a level of sophistication which suggests an organisation, not a loner. 

Not necessarily. The nail bomber david Copeland acted alone.

I don't believe anyone has claimed responsibility yet.

I would have thought if it was an organised attack, responsibility would be claimed quickly. I'm assuming they are waiting till gas explosion is ruled out before they claim.

Edited by newjez

What is so shocking is that the crowd will have been mostly very young girls and their parents. Girls of 12 and 14 years old.

It makes me think of when I took my daughter to see Hillary Duff which was her first concert as a young girl.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robfromdublin said:

Timezone on that tweet was the US apparently, so it actually was posted AFTER the attacks, not before.  Still sick. 

apparently twitter has been banning and suspending like crazy due to the sick celebrations.  

MOD MOMENT 

Let's not start having a go at others here please. 

Posts doing so from here on out will be removed and infractions issued. 

ETA - I have removed posts from the thread that were people arguing and having a go at each other. And removed one that was made since I originally posted this. 

Can we please not use this thread to have a go at each other and point score or whatever else it may be you are trying to achieve. Have a bit of respect and dignity. 

Now, making it quite clear, if you wish to carry on and argue with each other, take it to PM. Don't use this thread or other threads on the forum for your games. 

snifter 

6 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

I should imagine the apologists will be on the UK media soon....it's just a minority blah blah blah 

The scary thing is it is a minority, a minority that creeps around almost undetected and then causes havoc and mayhem. Thankfully this does not happen that often.

This is either some nutter on a crusade (lindt cafe comes to mind)or a sympathiser of some radicalised group.