190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

20 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

Hi Pete,  As far as I'm aware the processing times shown are based on the speed that everything moved in the previous month and apply to all visa applications in the system -pending and new

Hi - thank you. I thought that was the case, but thought it was worth asking.

On 6/13/2017 at 23:01, Nelly said:

Hello all....   i dont see any grants after 6th june :| ..  I hope there will be more this month. I'm getting tired of this waiting period. Anyways...lets hope for some action soon... wishing everyone luck!

Hi

I have submitted my application in Starting of May then submitted pending docs in mid-May, after that showing "Assessment in Progress" from last 85 days.

Edited by Rakesh

On 25/07/2017 at 02:59, Yikes2017 said:

Hi Pete,  As far as I'm aware the processing times shown are based on the speed that everything moved in the previous month and apply to all visa applications in the system -pending and new

Hi yikes2017 does the priority grouping make any difference to us? That is currently saying they are working on applications prior April. I was hoping it does

Hello All

Any update for application submission on Starting of May.

I have submitted my application in Starting of May then submitted pending docs in mid-May, after that showing "Assessment in Progress" from last 85 days.

Edited by Rakesh

On 7/25/2017 at 03:20, Yikes2017 said:

Same as you I think Nelly.  Going out of my mind. We'll be 6 months next week.  I'm running out of ways to freak out about it all! Never in a million years thought we'd be waiting 6 months and beyond...

When we lodged the application in March... I was secretly hoping for a direct grant   :P  and was already feeling detached from my current job.  Now, I've got myself back into neck deep work... got to have something to keep my mind off all this waiting...!

1 hour ago, Hibert said:

Hi yikes2017 does the priority grouping make any difference to us? That is currently saying they are working on applications prior April. I was hoping it does

do you have a link to the priority grouping that you are referring to?

My husband and I have been waiting for the visa results since 16th of April (not so long compared to some of you guys) but waiting has been the hardest thing ever. I have been doing so much reading, the more I read, the less optimistic I get :(

Waiting is the hardest thing ever

• Like 2

Hello Everyone,

I have received invitation for state sponsorship from Queensland for visa subclass 190. However as per the occupation list my occupation is listed for Visa subclass 489 (provisional). My occupation is Insurance Agent - 611211. Is this normal to receive such invitation or is error. The invitation clearly says i have been invited to apply for visa subclass 190 and need to upload the documents in the link provided. 

Hope this is not a mistake from the case officer since my occupation is listed under visa subclass 489. I had written email to case officer however did not get any response from the case officer in this regards. I only have 5 days left to submit my document.. should i go ahead with the flow and apply for 190.

Please help urgently. 

Thanks,

AJ

11 hours ago, Hibert said:

Hi Hibert,

I know that 'occupation ceilings' don't apply to us but apart from that i'm not sure...

There has been mention on various chats that perhaps some people's occupations are in overall higher demand than others so possibly they are prioritised but I don't know for sure if this is the case. 

11 hours ago, Hibert said:

I've just had a look at the relevant web page and I don't understand what on earth it means!! But I don't think 'priority groups' apply to us, no

7 hours ago, Aj to QLD said:

Hello Everyone,

I have received invitation for state sponsorship from Queensland for visa subclass 190. However as per the occupation list my occupation is listed for Visa subclass 489 (provisional). My occupation is Insurance Agent - 611211. Is this normal to receive such invitation or is error. The invitation clearly says i have been invited to apply for visa subclass 190 and need to upload the documents in the link provided. 

Hope this is not a mistake from the case officer since my occupation is listed under visa subclass 489. I had written email to case officer however did not get any response from the case officer in this regards. I only have 5 days left to submit my document.. should i go ahead with the flow and apply for 190.

Please help urgently. 

Thanks,

AJ

Are you already working in Queensland?  Because in this case, your occupation is eligible for a 190 visa.

On 6/22/2017 at 03:34, Yikes2017 said:

Hi Nelly,

This is a good idea because I keep going backwards and forwards trying to work out when people lodged and how long they've been waiting compared to me! So a table is a good plan.

Name Visa lodged Date Last Updated Date Grant Date
Nelly 31-Mar-17 19-Apr-17  
Yikes 01-Feb-17 24-Mar-17  

Raks        04-May-17               17-May-17

15 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

I've just had a look at the relevant web page and I don't understand what on earth it means!! But I don't think 'priority groups' apply to us, no

I have to say I was confused to. But it does say visa 190? So was hoping??

15 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

Hi Hibert,

I know that 'occupation ceilings' don't apply to us but apart from that i'm not sure...

There has been mention on various chats that perhaps some people's occupations are in overall higher demand than others so possibly they are prioritised but I don't know for sure if this is the case. 

Thanks for that.

Guys,

I need some advice on what to do with my situation:

I received my positive skills assessment from ACS on the 21st July and my qualification from Australia, was assessed as comparable to an AQF Advanced Diploma.

I just completed a 1 yr Graduate Diploma in IT here in Sydney, but now I am just wondering, in order to claim 15 points for Qualification, do I need to submit a review to ACS in order to include my Graduate Diploma in IT on the letter, or can I just include in my EOI that the Graduate Diploma is my current highest completed qualification without going through another ACS assessment?

Please note this key points:

• My Graduate Diploma is from Australia, not overseas and
  • A Graduate Diploma qualification is at AQF Level 8, which is above a Bachelor degree level.

Hope someone can help out.

On 31/07/2017 at 12:27, Liz Nguyen said:

Hi Nelly,

Any news of recent PR grants this July? Thanks a lot. 

Hi Liz,

There have been only 12 grants recorded in the tracker for July 2017 so far.......and only 2 of these have lodgement dates of 2017.  Remaining 10 were lodged in 2016 !   I hope things pick up in August!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1