190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

3 hours ago, mdonna1975 said:

We lodged our application st the beginning of May. So over 5 months of waiting....and waiting....and even more waiting.

It's an onshore application (we are in Melbourne on a temporary 457 visa)

Why 5, Its only 2.5 months at the moment from the date you lodged application, even I fall in the same boat.

9 hours ago, mdonna1975 said:

We lodged our application st the beginning of May. So over 5 months of waiting....and waiting....and even more waiting.

It's an onshore application (we are in Melbourne on a temporary 457 visa)

I'm jealous that you're there already! Lol.  Whereabouts do you live? How long have you been in Melbourne? I'm so looking forward to arriving... :)

• Like 1

hi guys 

i am an electrician , applied for 190 on 3 june 2017 and my medicals on 11 july 2017, this is for NSW. Now awaiting reply.

my agent has informed me that since 1 July 2017 there has been changes for waiting periods for 190 from 1-3 months to 5-8months.

Hi llodza,

Welcome to the waiting room!

What your agent said sounds about right .... I've been waiting nearly 6 months now. We applied for a 190 to Victoria on 1st Feb.

I've been checking the borders website for updated processing times but it's not been updated this month yet. I suspect that when it is it'll be changed from applications processed within 7 month to 8 months though :/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

Hi llodza,

Welcome to the waiting room!

What your agent said sounds about right .... I've been waiting nearly 6 months now. We applied for a 190 to Victoria on 1st Feb.

I've been checking the borders website for updated processing times but it's not been updated this month yet. I suspect that when it is it'll be changed from applications processed within 7 month to 8 months though :/

Hi Yikes 

May i kno what is yo occupation because i hear your occupation factors a lot in yo processing time'.

On 19/07/2017 at 05:05, Yikes2017 said:

I'm jealous that you're there already! Lol.  Whereabouts do you live? How long have you been in Melbourne? I'm so looking forward to arriving... :)

We are in the Bayside area of Melbs. SE suburbs. It's fabulous here. We've been here for 18 months now on a 457!visa (temporary/employer sponsored) but moving to permenant residency....well at least trying too ???

Where do you think you will be moving to? 

4 hours ago, mdonna1975 said:

We are in the Bayside area of Melbs. SE suburbs. It's fabulous here. We've been here for 18 months now on a 457!visa (temporary/employer sponsored) but moving to permenant residency....well at least trying too ???

Where do you think you will be moving to? 

Good to know as that's where we're planning to move! Any recommendations on places?  We're thinking Mentone,  Parkdale,  Cheltenham?  Will never he able to afford to buy in those places but are happy to rent somewhere that provides excellent lifestyle 

Those places are all lovely. Right by the ocean and along a train line to the city.

The closer to the city the more expensive. The closer to the Penninsual - prices drop a little. Check out real estate.com.au for rentals to get an idea of prices. Rentals here are charged weekly rather than monthly. 

The suburbs here are different - things really do close at like 10pm and it's super quiet then. Mordialloc is a lovely place with bars and restaurants. We live quite near Mordialloc. We are currently renting - its soooooo expensive to buy here.  The tricky thing is that is sooo lovely living here with s beach and cafe culture lifestyle that I'm now really struggling to move to an affordable place to buy a house. 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2017 at 18:09, Yikes2017 said:

Processing time has increased to 9 months for 190s.  Happy Monday.....

omg!  This is just so frustrating. I can't stop thinking about it. There is so much that we have planned around the whole visa thing...    I wake up every morning wondering if today is going to be the day. It's been almost 4 months since we lodged our application.      I had really expected a big number of grants in July. How are you all coping?

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

On 24/07/2017 at 18:20, Nelly said:

omg!  This is just so frustrating. I can't stop thinking about it. There is so much that we have planned around the whole visa thing...    I wake up every morning wondering if today is going to be the day. It's been almost 4 months since we lodged our application.      I had really expected a big number of grants in July. How are you all coping?

My fiance and I are trying to plan a wedding date around when we may potentially get a grant and move!

one 190 grant (SA) on the 19/07/2017 for a Mech Eng. I guess that's something.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

12 minutes ago, KaizerG said:

My fiance and I are trying to plan a wedding date around when we may potentially get a grant and move!

I can imagine, how tough it must be to get a fix on the date!   Best wishes to both of you and hope the visas comes in really quick, so we can all get on with our lives !

Processing time has increased to 9 months for 190s.  Happy Monday.....

Omg!!! I don't know how much more I can take!!! Frustration is an understatement as I'm sure you all know!! Hopefully they will start to issue them soon.... or I will require a new medical from the loony bin lol x

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I'm a long time follower, but first time poster (this is a great place to read about visa applications, but haven't really felt educated enough to join in the conversation).

We submitted our 190 application at the start of March and know the frustration that many have expressed waiting for good news - today is our 145th day of waiting!

I have a question about the processing time quoted by the DIBP. Does the 9 months processing time (for 75% of applications) apply to all persons in the system or is it only for new applications? 

Thank you.

Pete.

1 hour ago, Pete_Solihull said:

Hi all,

I'm a long time follower, but first time poster (this is a great place to read about visa applications, but haven't really felt educated enough to join in the conversation).

We submitted our 190 application at the start of March and know the frustration that many have expressed waiting for good news - today is our 145th day of waiting!

I have a question about the processing time quoted by the DIBP. Does the 9 months processing time (for 75% of applications) apply to all persons in the system or is it only for new applications? 

Thank you.

Pete.

Hi Pete,  As far as I'm aware the processing times shown are based on the speed that everything moved in the previous month and apply to all visa applications in the system -pending and new

13 hours ago, Nelly said:

omg!  This is just so frustrating. I can't stop thinking about it. There is so much that we have planned around the whole visa thing...    I wake up every morning wondering if today is going to be the day. It's been almost 4 months since we lodged our application.      I had really expected a big number of grants in July, but immitracker does not show that. How are you all coping?

Same as you I think Nelly.  Going out of my mind. We'll be 6 months next week.  I'm running out of ways to freak out about it all! Never in a million years thought we'd be waiting 6 months and beyond...